CompUSAunauthorized charges

I ordered regcure from paretologic you know that windows cleaner that is supposedly free and it scans you computer and finds 998 errors and when you click fix it it tells you you have to buy the program for $39.90. Well from compusa.com it was listed as being $18.99 and available for immediate download. I paid them thru paypal 10/18 /08. I was not able to get any download email as they promised so I waited until the next day. I then contacted compusa.com and they have a phone number listed on their site and you can talk to real people but you need to have your order number. I called them and was told it takes 24 hours to receive your download it had only been 17 hours since I paid for the program. SO... I waited 48 hours and called them again they said we are having problems with this company wait 2-3 hours and you will have your download instructions .I waited 5 hours then called again they said wait 2 hours you should have your download I said I am done waiting please cancel my order .They said fine paypal has not yet been charged so we will cancel the order . I paid paretologic.com the full $39.90 for the program and downloaded it. it works fine. Then 10/22/08 I get an email from paypal and usa.com my paypal account has just been charged $18.99 for regcure!!! I called compusa.com 10/22 and was promised a full refund and given apologies. so far paypal does not show a credit for this at all. will keep fighting. don't trust compusa.com they take your money and promise to cancel order when you never even get the so called ' immediate download'.

Guillermo Merino Mar 29, 2007

On March 24, 2017, I used the BargainJack link with COMPUSA in order to buy a T3604 Minitower E-Machines, which included a $160.00 mail in rebate from COMPUSA. I placed the order and received a receipt from COMPUSA.COM , with the Order Number: WB3584853. Two days later, I received an E-Mail telling me: "Per your request, your CompUSA order has been cancelled" which is a lie because I never requested such cancellation. I called the Customer Service of COMPUSA and they explained me they were unable to verify my credit card (they never informed me about this). They said that I need to place a new order, but they could not honor the $160.00 mail in rebate because that was only a 24 hours offer. I am very disappointed because I trusted in BargainJack and I think that I have been victim of a scam. On the other hand, the COMPUSA customer services representatives were very rude and insensitive and they refused to give me a solution for a wrongdoing that is not my fault. I want to warn everybody in the Internet to avoid making any business with COMPUSA.COM because they are tricky and they won't honor the rebates they offer.

Sincerely,
    Guillermo Merino

• Ri
    Richard Apr 07, 2007

I don't think its fair to say that we don't honor our rebates. First of from your story you never completed the purchase so you weren't entitled for any rebates. Second is that we offer 24 hour promos and if your purchase wasn't on the promo date your not entitled to it. And last part is we were protecting you and our customers from fraudulent use of credit card thats why you got declined.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to qualify for your rebate. last part is you could have wait because we always have promos for $299.99 after rebates and instant saves all the time. I work for compusa and we do honor our rebates and vendors sponsored are responsible for their own rebate.

JORGE TOMAS Oct 09, 2007

I need to vent my frustration with CompUSA in Wichita,KS. I drove 20 minutes to this store to purchase 2 PNY micro SD cards(335144 CF) advertised for $19.99 ea. The store opened at noon and I was there at 12:05. The clerk stated they had no stock. He called the assistant manger who confirmed no stock. The Assistant Manager called the Store Manager to see if he could switch to another product for the same price. The Manager said no. I asked for a rain check and was told no. Conveniently, the manager did offer $20 savings off another product, but that was unacceptable to me. I did not want to spend $39.99 for a 2 gig card. How convenient for CompUSA to try to sell me the higher priced item. Hmmm. I also find it weird that there were no empty pegs in the display cabinet were the product could have been. This sounds like "Bait and Switch", which is illegal. They probably never stocked this item to begin with! I am very disappointed and angry I wasted 1 hour in the store arguing and trying to reason with the Manager about proper customer service and their deception of ads.

I drove there for two 2 gig micro cards for $19.99 each, not $39.99 each. Needless to say I was and I am still extremely disappointed with CompUSA, again! This is the second time in the past 3 months this has happened to me. I will not shop there again and I will tell everyone I know not to shop there. Our Company even has an employee discount program with them and I assure you I will be contacting them to explain what happened. There is no reason to do business with a dishonest and lack of customer service oriented company, like CompUSA.

The correct resolution to this issue would have been to offer me another 2 gig card at $19.99 ea. This is the second time I have gone for an advertised product only to find out they never had the stock to begin with!

• Valerie Dec 26, 2007

Numerous attempts to call customer service failed. Numerous emails for information regarding my order have been ignored. What is the problem with simply ordering CDs online and expecting them to ship within 2 weeks? I see the open order on their site - but no acknowledgment from customer service that it has been shipped or will even be shipped. There appears to be a problem with the customer service at CompUSA. Don't buy from them - you will never receive your merchandise.

• Br
    Brian Rodford Jan 07, 2008

I bought 2 things from CompUSA on 2 different orders on the CompUSA website.

Both bought on Dec 13, 03

1. A photo keychain valued at $15 buck recieved in 4 days or so on order number 2

2. Order # 1 was a Windows anytime upgrade disk $5.40 Recieved 2 emails saying it was shipped on Dec 16 and another saying shipped on Dec 19. As of today 1/8 almost one month after and nada - zip and DON'T bother to call the 1 800 compusa number as you won't even get a human all you get is a recorded voice saying that all cust service reps are alseep and don't bother becaise after a hour of hearing their crappy music you will want to smash your phone and still after that whole time they will be STILL too busy sleeping than deal with their customers.

Remember DON'T BUY From CompUSA!!!

• As
    A Swisky May 04, 2008

Sorry, Richard, you are are a liar. I have proof that your company does not honor the rebates you offer. Give me your email and I will send you all the info.

• Valerie Jul 21, 2008

CompUSA has been running a WII-A-DAY sweepstakes for a while now, it involves a random drawing of people that either purchased from CompUSA in the past or those that registered for free online. The winner is chosen every day (in theory..) twice a day. I have been on their website updating for the past month now and only a handful of drawings have occurred. Usually this drawing only happens TWICE a week (for a total of FOUR "winners"). Now as to whether these winners are real that remains to be seen. But purposefully misleading the public (even with disclaimers) is an incredibly injustice (not to mention against the law). CompUSA MUST stop advertising this contest on websites, TV, radio, and print in order to prevent any further harm done to the innocent public. An easy way to solve this issue at hand is to follow through with their promise of a WII-A-DAY.

• Valerie Aug 11, 2008

I have a laptop computer that needs a new battery. When I called the store they gave me the 877 number to report my problem. I have tried calling that number a few times, staying on hold for as much as 30 minutes before giving up. Does anyone ever answer that number? I was initially saddened by the fact that CompUSA was shutting down, because I always preferred them to both Best Buy and Circuit City; however it appears that there is a reason for everything. I cannot believe that CompUSA has no remorse in how it treats its previous customers, nor does it seem to believe it needs to follow up on its previous commitments.

• Ol
    Oliver Dec 08, 2008

They are selling empty ink cartridges and decide no refunds on opened items. Somehow the person on the phone wanted me to figure out that the ink they sold me was empty without opening the package. If I could do that I would have left it on their shelf.

Now I get to wait for the manufacturer to get around to doing something about it. They had no problem taking my money right then and there.

• Sc
    scoobyprincess Mar 02, 2009

I have been with CompUSA for the past 2 years the reason why we wont take it back from you is becuase in the past we have had customer buy ink cartridges use them and a week or two later try to return them.
    but as a consumer you have an opinion

• Br
    Brandon Mar 09, 2009

I purchased a "refurbished" Gateway computer from CompUSA on 2/10/09. The 1st one was malfunctioning when I recieved it so I exchanged it for another. They refused to send 2nd computer until 1st was actually at their facility.

I finally recieved the 2nd computer but that was also malfunctioning. Ths time screen was saying that there was a hardware malfuction. From my experience in the computer industry I thought it was posible that there was a loose plug or connetion inside the cae. When I opened the case it was filled with a disgraceful amount of dust and orange pet hair. There were absolutely no fingerprints or disturbances in the dust which means that this case was never even opened when they claimed to "refurbish" this computer. It is quite obvious that they simpley reinstalled the windows software and sold it just as it came back to them.

They insisted again that the computer reach their facility before they would issue a return. After sending me 2 broken systems they still acted like I was the one who couldn't be trusted. The 2nd system arrived at their location at 8:42am on 2/26. It is now 3/2 and I still have not recieved a refund. CompUSA claims that they credited it to my card but the bank has no record of that. CompUSA says that it may take the bank a few days to process it but the bank says that they would at least have immediate knowledge of the transaction and they do not. Frankly, after my experience with CompUSA, I believe the bank representative and not them.

I will never shop at CompUSA, TigerDirect.com, or any affiliated company again and I advise everyone else to avoid them as well!!!
    Computers were complete garbage and the customer service is even worse!

• St
    Steven Jul 08, 2009

I purchased a "refurbished" Gateway computer from CompUSA on 2/10/09. The 1st one was malfunctioning when I received it so I exchanged it for another. They refused to send 2nd computer until 1st was actually at their facility.

I finally received the 2nd computer but that was also malfunctioning. This time screen was saying that there was a hardware malfunction. From my experience in the computer industry I thought it was possible that there was a loose plug or connection inside the case. When I opened the case it was filled with a disgraceful amount of dust and orange pet hair. There were absolutely no fingerprints or disturbances in the dust which means that this case was never even opened when they claimed to "refurbish" this computer. It is quite obvious that they simply reinstalled the windows software and sold it just as it came back to them.

They insisted again that the computer reach their facility before they would issue a return. After sending me 2 broken systems they still acted like I was the one who couldn't be trusted. The 2nd system arrived at their location at 8:42am on 2/26. It is now 3/2 and I still have not received a refund. CompUSA claims that they credited it to my card but the bank has no record of that. CompUSA says that it may take the bank a few days to process it but the bank says that they would at least have immediate knowledge of the transaction and they do not. Frankly, after my experience with CompUSA, I believe the bank representative and not them.

Computers were complete garbage and the customer service is even worse!!!

• 6g
    6gg Aug 19, 2009

I and my brothers are mad about any sort of video games and have almost all the collection and variety of these games. On Sunday I was just going through the newspaper, where I went through an advertisement offering an Accessory Pack for the PlayStation 2 for $19.99, regularly $49.99, if you bought the PS2 console for $199.99. As I was aware of the prices in the market I new that this was the best deal. As it was a holiday, I and my brother both decided to explore the sale and went as we knew that this type of offer gets out of stock in no time. And guess what it was our bad luck the offer was all sold, even though there were probably 30 consoles stacked up, and weren't expecting any more. I called other stores in the area, but they were all sold out too. I called their number and the person told me I should go back to the store and ask the manager for a rain check. The other day missing a little of my work I went to the store and asked for the check the manager was so rude that he started cursing the man about having no knowledge. I was so disturbed that I left the place, no where on this ad did it say that quantities were limited. I'm never going to buy anything from them again.

• Ga
    Gapuginov Feb 15, 2010

I ordered a "barebones" computer two weeks ago. The web site said it was in stock. Several parts shipped right away and another part shipped a couple days later. Two parts were backordered (again, it indicated "in stock" for everything when I placed my order). Then I get an email saying they have cancelled the computer case -- what good is a bunch of memory, hard drive, CPU, etc. without a case! I call them an explain that you can't just cancel part of the order and leave me with 1/2 of a computer. They offer me a case that has a 20% lower price for the same money. I explain that if they are giving me a less expensive case, I should get at some some money back. I spoke to two different very rude and arrogant people from two different departments on the phone who didn't seem to understand that giving me a less expensive case for the same money (or no case at all) isn't right. When I told them to cancel the whole order they said I had to pay for return shipping! This is crazy. Please be very careful with CompUSA -- you can end up getting yourself caught up in the same mess I did!

GurlTech Jul 21, 2010

I can agree about your service if you had bad customer service. But also keep in mind that CompUSA did not build the computer you purchased or even did the refurbishing work, your issue should be with Gateway. All comptuers that we (and I say we because I personally work at one in our computer repair shop) sell are purchased from the manufacturer. Sorry that the computer you got didnt work, but as a tech I honestly will never buy a refurbished product and Im going to pass along the same advice.

GurlTech Jul 21, 2010

I think its interesting that you have almost the exact same listing as another person by the name of Terry, with a slightly different issue, but i can give you the same comment

GurlTech Jul 21, 2010

Wow you make a lot of the same comments as other people...Really sorry for your experience and the fact that it is exactly written the same as two other people (+- 1 or 2 lines) If you really had that many problems with your experience pleaseee contact the corporate office with your complaint and hopefully you can get the help you need!! Otherwise I will post the SAME thing i did on the other two posts

• Lo
    Louise_lee Sep 08, 2010

Back on 2017 i bought a router that priced $9.99 as priced on the shelves, It's a good deal so i picked it up and ring it to the casher and found out that the price is wrong its $14.99, it's not a big deal though so still got the merchandise and saw there employee taking out the old price and switched it to a new one. Few weeks later, i bought a hard drive and found a better deal 80GB so went to the casher and ring it up, on my way out from store an employee asked my receipt (as there door protocol) before going out and i noticed that the price of the hard drive if higher compared to the price listed on the shelves, so i went back to the casher and asked what happen, i was told that i got the wrong hard drive, so i went back to the shelves and showed her where i got it and see 10's more on that same place, she called the manager and manager apologized then i got the higher price hard drive that i can get same price at Best Buy located next door from my apartment. And it happened over and over again, so i realized that this is not a honest mistake anymore, they do this purposely, if you caught it then they say sorry or merchandisers fault or hear any excuses, but if you missed it then you got screwed! I really believe that this need to be stop and i would to warn the consumer to be aware of this RIP OFF strategy. I really hope that somebody can tell me that if this thing happen again i can demand to use the shelves priced and disregard their excuses, i don't know if there's a law address to this type of matter.

• Kl
    Klune Mar 17, 2011

Last February one of our work computers died after just a couple of years, so 3 of us went together to CompUsa to purchase a new computer. I bought a $1449.99 Sony Viao computer. The salesman, William, pushed CompUSA’s “technical assurance plan” on us.

He assured us that CompUsa would either come out to our place and fix the computer or, if we preferred not to wait, we could walk in with the computer for a replacement, or credit towards a new one. We were at first incredulous and asked “Are you sure?” He insisted that the TAP plan was a replacement plan.

After our experience with the previous computer, it sounded like a great deal, so we were happy to pay the additional $349.99 to guarantee us having a working computer at all times.

Well, 14 months have passed since then. Today, the Sony Vaio just died. We tried to reload Windows, but even with Sony’s help, we were unable to. The three of us who took the computer in tonight were all witnesses to William’s pushing the “replacement plan” on us last year. Well, guess what? The CompUSA sales manager told us that it is a repair plan, NOT a replacement plan. He insisted to us that there is no way that a CompUSA employee would tell a customer that it is a replacement plan when it is only a repair plan.

William was not there to confront. We told the manager that ALL THREE OF US were there when we purchased the computer. WE ALL HEARD William telling us that it was a replacement plan. I had even asked William “So, if someone buys a computer and comes in right before the plan expires, they can just walk out with a new computer?” He had said “we don’t encourage it, but yes; we would have to honor that as part of the replacement plan.” ALL THREE OF US HEARD IT!!! But tonight, the manager refused to budge.

A year later, after paying $349.99 for a false “replacement plan”, I am sitting here in my office lacking a computer. The CompUSA people are unable to tell me when my computer will be ready. I just can’t believe this!

By the way, another customer was there going through the same ordeal at the same time we were there. He also claimed to have been sold a “replacement plan” which turned out to be a “repair plan.”

I yelled that there should be a class action lawsuit against such deception. This other customer gave me his number.

I am furious. This is a disgrace. CompUSA is unethical. This should also be illegal.

• Ra
    rare-sense Mar 18, 2011

I used to work at CompUSA many many years ago. I am not surprised that a sociopath, determined to get his SPIFF, would say anything to get the Customer to buy the service plan. However, the customer is supposed to get a service contract in writing. Shame on the consumer(s) if they didn't read the details on the contract as they could have returned the Plan and or the Computer within CompUSA's return policy period.

• Ro
    rouschkateer Mar 21, 2011

LOL - does anyone actually EVER read the "Terms of Service" in those plans you "agree" on?
    Oh, and how funny is it that NOW you are saying the plan was "pushed" onto you.

• Ra
    rare-sense Mar 21, 2011

As a consumer, you must read your service contract. Hell, I bought a refrigerator many years ago at a place that went out of business after they delivered the refrigerator to my house but neglected to deliver the ice maker or install it per their own sales contract. Do you think I paid one dime for it, hell no. To make a long story short, I actually enjoyed (after some time passed) the collection calls as I asked them what day are they delivering and installing my ice maker. Granted they must of thought i was nuts as they told me they were calling to collect money, but even 1st year lawyers dropped any threats to me when I faxed them their sales contract. Written contracts are a beautiful thing. It can work for the consumer as well as the seller. So read any contract you are considering to buy and make no excuses.

• Du
    Durkadurka May 08, 2011

Frustrating? Yes.

However, this is more likely a case of incompetent merchandising staff than a grand conspiracy. The merchandisers are supposed to keep on top of price changes. Next time this happens, check the item number on CompUSA's inventory tag against the tag on the shelf. If they match, inform the manager that you are legally entitled to the price listed on the shelf (be sure to check that the price tag is not "after mail-in rebate") and would be happy to settle this and other matters through legal arbitration.

• Hi
    Hilcene Jun 19, 2012

On 11/27/2017, I purchased a Vizio LED television (XVT472SV) for $744.96 at 130 E. Altamonte Dr. Altamonte Springs, FL 32701. Unfortunately, on 11/09/2017 the television stopped working properly and does not show a picture. I have since been attempting to make good on the 2 year extended warranty I purchased from CompUSA for $142.49. The warranty is through Bankers Warranty Group of Florida. A technician was dispatched to examine the television on 11/16/2017. The technician advised he would need to order parts that he THINKS MAY fix the television. We were advised by Ron supervisor with Bankers Warranty Group (ID-LXY) on 11/16/2017 that the earliest we could have the tech come out to see if the parts ordered will correct the problem is 3-4 weeks likely 12/15/11. If the part does not correct the issue the company will then determine another course of action. CompUSA or Bankers Warranty Group will not offer any options to expedite this process or any loaner television while this process is being completed. The warranty company and the store location will not offer us any course of action that they feel confident will not have us be without a television we spent hard earned money to purchase for less than one month maybe two. This is unacceptable! My wife and I have been a loyal customer of CompUSA spending upwards of 10, 000.00 in their store over the past year between our small business and personal needs and because of our method of tax filing I have every receipt as proof of our loyalty. Now we are in need of CompUSA and they are completely not living up to the standard they so often peddle when we make purchases. The warranty we purchased promised fast and reliable service neither of which we have received so far.