Zenith Financial And Trust / scam

1 17001 RoadFredericktown, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 740.358.1486

I was notified by mail with a enclosed check in the amount of $4875.00, and instructed to call 1-416.835.08.17 for additional clarification before cashing. Which I did, and was assured that the money would be in account within 5 minutes after depositing. Then instructed to send $ 2875.00 which were taxes owed to tax representive in Canada by western union. Next to send $1750.00 to Fed Ex for insurance which would be refunded by Fed Ex after delivery of winnings check. I have now been notified by my bank of est. amount deficiency of $5000.00, that I owe. After contacting Western Union I verified that both checks have been cashed.

Comments

10th of Nov, 2008

This is a very confusing and misleading check to receive in the
    mail at this time of jobs closing on people. Someone should track
    this person down and let them know that this is unacceptable in
    these times of unemployment explosion. I received a check for
    $4875.00 in the mail but I am not going to put in my checking
    account as the guy told me. I think I will keep it to show to some
    official person of interest and see what he thinks about it.

• Ka
      18th of Nov, 2008

I took the Zenith Financial and Trust "check" and letter to my neighborhood ARVEST Bank, who is following up with their loss prevention people to try to track down the person(s) who is doing this scam. It's late, so tomorrow I plan to take the "check" and letter to the police department and let them see it. Problem is, I checked online to see if there is an Enterprise Bank in Clayton, Missouri, and there is. Not only that, the routing number at the bottom of this "check" is the correct routing number for Enterprise Bank - the people at ARVEST checked it out for me. Also tomorrow I plan to call the Enterprise Bank and let them know that their bank is being used in this manner (if it is indeed a legitimate bank). I'll let you know what I find out. ~Karen P.S. They tried to scam the wrong grandma!

• Ki
      10th of Mar, 2009

I received my check on March 6th. I live in CT. The bank listed on my check has US Bank in Memphis MO. I just called the bank which is legit. At first it was automated so I entered the Acct. # at the appropriate time, then it asked for a Pin # I guessed 1234 which was right! and it informed me the acct is closed! I then spoke to a cust. support. and explained myself a bit. She informed tht yhe acct was infact closed and she hadn't heard about Zenith. Anyway, I'm going to contact my police dept as well as my local news paper as to warn everyone. Good thing we have internet so we can all share and verify our stories so we can get these scam artist sooner then later!! LET'S GET THEM GUYS!!

Mad as hell,

Kimi

• Ka
      11th of Mar, 2009

i just received the same letter and check in the mail yesterday - and boy was i excited that i had finally won something and being in these hard times and my husband laid off i really could use the money - but the more i thought about it and know how scammers are out there everywhere i decided to just check out the company online first and when i did - i was amazed at what i was reading about this scam - i think i will take to my local police dept also - THIS PERSON REALLY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED AND PAY FOR THIS MISLEADING SCAM!!!

KATHY

• Sw
      1st of Apr, 2009

All i know is if these fraudulent m**** [censored] will eventually get theirs, if not here on earth, then in the afterlife. NO DOUBT!!!