YRC / Delivery Disaster

1 Manassas, VA, United States

I am expecting a delivery from this company for an item purchased from Overstock. The item was delivered to Manassas, VA on June 23rd. The estimated delivery date on the website for the item to get to me in Alexandria, VA at that time was June 26th. It was then pushed back to June 1st. I called the customer service center and was told that the delivery agent has 48 hours to contact me to set up a delivery time once the item is received and so the latest I would receive a call would be June 1st, which was yesterday.

When I tracked the item today, the delivery was again pushed back to June 6th. There has been no explanation as to why this delivery is constantly being pushed back. I spoke to an agent on the phone today, explaining to her that I will be going out of town on the 8th and needed the item delivered by then. She told me that is not "fathomable", because the item has not moved from the terminal.

This is unacceptable and a major inconvenience. When receiving items from other delivery companies, there has always been an explanation as to why delivery dates are being pushed back. The idea that my item is available but is delayed in getting to me because of lack of efficiency on their end is very upsetting. I don't see any reason why I should have to wait an additional week to receive an item that has been in the same state I reside in for over a week.

This is my first experience with YRC and I hope it is the last.

An