Youthology / Unauthorized charges

I ordered the YOUTHOLOGY product to check it out. I meant to send it back, but had lost the packing slip. One month later, I received a Youthology charge on my bank statement for the same amount, although I had not requested another shipment. I was told, essentially, "tough luck". I had to receive the shipment, pay for the shipping and handling, then pay for shipping and handling to return the package and THEN I would receive a refund from Youthology.

To me, this is basically fraud, but it seems that nothing can be done about it. YOUTHOLOGY practices these deceptive tactics over and over again.

DON'T GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OUT TO ONLINE OR TELEVISION COMPANIES.

Va

Comments

• Ta
      15th of Nov, 2008

Hi Aimen,
    Were you able to resolve this? My mom and grandma wanted me to purchase this for them, but I came here to verify any complaint and see yours.
    I will appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks
    San Juan, PR.

• 1s
      30th of Apr, 2009

DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT. THIS IS A SCAM, THEY WILL SEND YOU "CONTINUOUS" WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT. Their customer sevice also leaves a lot to b desired. I spoke with Laura on 4/30 she is a supervisor and seems to be the only one that wants to help. She authorized me to send the product back and gave me an authorization number. I will keep you abreast of my future dealings and unauthorized charges from Youthology.

25th of Jun, 2009

I tried the product and it is worthless!!! I am returning it for a refund of my purchase price, but I am out all the shipping costs, so it isn't totally risk free as advertized.

25th of Jun, 2009

Youthology needs to be shut down before the rip-off soneone else.

• Fe
      8th of Jul, 2009

I wish I did my homework before I ordered this stuff. I guess the first time I saw the informercial was the night after someone told me I looked 5 years older than I was because of my eyes. I was feeling down and they prey on that.

But why didn't you just dispute it on your card? I decided to cancel it the night after I bought it after reading complaints about it online. I did not pay the extra $20 for the expedited shipping but they claimed to ship it already anyway. They claim 1-2 weeks to ship otherwise. Scam alert right there. They gave me a fake tracking number as well. The package did not exist. They did not mail it yet. I told my amex all about this right away. The customer service rep told me if i disputed the charge they would send collections on me. This is also common of scammers and is called the scare tactic. I have run across only one other person who said that exact line to me in my life and they were also a scammer. I should have learned my lesson then. Anyhow I politely told the representative that it is my right to dispute any charges I want. I do hope they call collections on me for my dispute as I would love to make some money off of them and sue them like I did to Bally's total fitness :).

Youthology sucks!

If anyone else has a problem with them dispute the charges. I did and won. The did not get one cent of the money they tried to steal from me.

• Fr
      1st of Sep, 2009

My husband purchased Youthology. Of course, it didn't work. It's basically egg white! Anyways, he was led to purchase a 2 months supply. Our credit was already charged. When i called to complain, the representative said that since we purchased the 2 mos supply, we had 30 days to return.

Did you realize that you cannot return the items unless you get an authorization number by calling, 1-866-968-8490. And guess what? I called twice in the morning and twice in the evening. Each time, I literally waited, listening to their stupid adverstisement, for over 30 minutes. PLEASE!!! I have a job! As of yet...I have not received an authorization number. On the return process, it says we MUST have this authorization number to return or else the return would not be valid! What a way of scamming people. They keep you waiting on the phone, knowing how frustrated you'd be after listening to their scam for over 30 minutes.

What are we as CONSUMERS to do????!!! Report this to the news!!!?????????????

• Sh
      19th of Sep, 2009

I ordered the eye serum too. It did not work for me either. I called to get an RA# to return it and was talked into trying it one more time. When I tried to call back I kept getting a busy signal. I tried for days and the same kept happening. I went on line and got an auto email saying they would get back to me in 5 to 7 days. Again I tried to call and still got a busy signal. I borrowed my nephews phone and called and got right through. While I was on hold I tried again with my phone and still got a busy signal. I believe the have a way of blocking your number when you have already called in once to return the product. I did get an RA# and am sending it back today. Hope I get my refund and no more charges.

• Xz
      16th of Oct, 2009

I just spent 25 minutes on hold waiting to speak with a rep so I could return the second shipment of the product. That was after calling repeatedly and getting a busy signal. I wasnt aware of the auto shipments, and I take responsibility for not reading the fine print correctly. I was told that the second shipment could not be returned or refunded, only the first shipment. I mentioned the money back gaurantee that was on the web site, and again was told that was only for the first shipment. What a scam. I've contacted my credit card company, and am disputing the charges. Lesson learned. Research before you buy. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

28th of Oct, 2009

I ordered Youthology and I have been tring to return the unused portion back for a full refund as promised. They require you to get a return order number from them, however I have now spent three hours trying to get through to this company and no one ever answers. The product does not work well and is drying to the skin. I also emailed them about my concern, however their email contact page does not have a plece for you to put the state in the address line. I have alerted my credit card company, and PRAY that I am able to return this product with no further problems. I don't know how I can do that, however, since there is no way to get through to them with the number they provided!

• Mj
      29th of Oct, 2009

I ordered Youthology for my mother over a month ago I still did not receive it .I've been tring to call the company and all i get is a bussy tone or I am put on hold for the longest time by their stupid machine until I give up and hung up. I have been now tring to call them for about two weeks with no luck. To top it off the charges are already put on my credidt card . so now I have no product and I have this bill to pay. i will continue to call them . I WILL NEVER AGAIN PURCHASE SOMETHING THAT IS ON TV. I THINK YOUTHOLOGY IS SCAMMING PEOPLE.

• Ke
      19th of Nov, 2009

Youthology is definitely a scam to get your credit card number so that they can continue to add charges for their useless product. I suggest that people who have been scammed go to the Better Business bureau website to file complaints also. This company is accredited by the BBB. I have told BBB they should check the internet to see all of the complaints against Youthology.

15th of Dec, 2009

Your comments of deceptive ording is correct. I expected "ONE" item to try for free and upon delivery, there was two vials of Youthology. Deceptive in promoting this product claiming a 30 day trial. Well with normal delivery, you end up with at least 12-15 days of trying the product before being billed for the "extra" vial mailed with the sample. Now if you try and contact them by phone, forget it. I waited over a half hour only to finally hand up and use the on-line customer service complaint line. In all this product and their commericals as with all televised sales is nothing but a scam.

• Ta
      23rd of Jan, 2010
    Youthology - Unauthorized Charges-
    Connecticut

They neglected to say it was 2 payments of $39.99. They went to charge my charge card and it had expired. I had refused the product and have receipts to back up. They turned ME over to collections for non payment of a product I do not have and have not refunded my money. When contacted them they just send a generic e-mail thaey will contact you in 5-7 buisness days and never bother. They are not an ethical company to do business with. I am writting consumer protection and taking them and thier collection lawyer to small claims court for refund and damages.

• Ve
      24th of Jan, 2010

I absolutely agree this company product is nothing but a scam; the product does not stay eight hours as their advertising claims, in fact after half hour it peels off. In addition, (every time you call you will be on hold at least 5 minutes) DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, after they charged my credit card for $49.98 I received the product with a bill for double the money, I called and asked them to cancel my subscription as I argued about their misleading advertising and asked to speak with the manager, they put me on hold indefinitely and finally got disconnected. A few days later they charged my card with a second charge of $39.99 and then fifteen days later they charged my card again for $49.98. I immediately called again and asked them to refund and stop any shipment but they said they were not able to stop the shipment or refund the money so I asked to speak to the manager and they put me on hold indefinitely again so I never got to speak to a manager, I found out later that the shipment went out the next day so that means they could have easily stop shipment and refunded the money but they chose not to do so. They also claiming they never received cancellation notice from me. I am still dealing with them in trying to get my money refunded.

V.J. D.
    Florida

• Ca
      18th of Mar, 2010

I order the eye wrinkle remover to try it out and 1 month later they charged me again. and then thy were supposed to send me the product again but i never got it.
    in the first shipment there were 2 sticks supposedly filed up with the serum but 1 was about 1/4 filed and the other one was completely empty.
    DON'T THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY. YOUTHOLOGY IS A SCAM

• He
      23rd of Apr, 2010
    Youthology - Does not accept returns on shipments
    Youthology

Youthology Scam-- The company does not accept returns after the first 30 days on any future shipments...Beware!!! If you pass the first 30 days, and you do not cancell your future shipments, Youthology does not accept returns on any further shipments. They will not credit you anything!!!I have never heard of a company that has this type of business policy... Buyer beware, if you do not like the product you must cancell within the first 30 days, or you will be billed and shipped more product that you dont want. Very unfair to the consumer on their products..

29th of Apr, 2010
    Youthology - Liars
    Youthology

They make money on the cost of shipping! The more the better and by the time it's pulled off the air waves - another person has been taken.

Their day of accountability is close at had - so Mr manufacturer, may you chock on your scam - may your CEO and staff eat whale ***.

I should have know better - so I'm not at all happy with my stupidity. But you're like every crook - may your days be filled with rain and clouds; may your days be filled with cold and discomfort; may those who you care for leave you standing alone and in-shame.

• He
      8th of Jun, 2010
    Youthology - No Returns
    YOUTHOLOGY
    YOUTHOLOGY.COM

I asked to return an automatic shippment and was denied. They wouldn't even let me speak to a supervisor. Kept getting put on "FOREVER HOLD". I was told that I was up the creek so to speak. NEVER buy from them!!! I will also be complaining to the Better Business Bureau. Not a customer service oriented company.

17th of Feb, 2011
    Youthology - Contract Scam - product bad!!!
    Youthology

I order many things from the web because now a days it is very easy to do so. Most of the time I am very satisfied and when I'm not I return or exchange it. NOT with YOUTHOLOGY. I cancelled and they ignored it. I kept the product eventhough i was not happy but i got another shipment and bill again and they said i can not return it because i did not cancel and THEY DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS ON THE SHIPMENTS UNLESS IT'S ON THE FIRST TRIAL SHIPMENT. I'm so confused on why they take advantage of middle normal American households?? I'm sure they have many complaints. I hate to see any more people being taken advantage of. These are expense creams. Don't even try this product because it is not even good.

• Dk
      10th of Mar, 2011
    Youthology - UNAUTHORIZED DEDUCTION From acct
    YOUTHOLOGY
    Vienna
    Virginia
    YOUTHOLOGY.COM

Do yourself a HUGE favor & don't waste your time or money on this product. IT DOES NOT WORK! And even if you cancel the auto ship they will still deduct over $100 from your account and state they have shipped additionsl product.
    I canceled my autoship in time but they are saying I did not. They said they shipped out additional product, which I clearly stated I did NOT want. They charged my account and no product came. When I called to complain, they said too bad, there was nothing they could do about it. TRUST ME THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM, THE PRODUCT IS CRAP (DOES NOTHING THAT THEY CLAIM) AND THEY WILL STEAL HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FROM YOU.