Younkers Dept. Store / Credit Card Gouging

1 MI, United States Review updated:

My son was shopping at a Younkers dept. store in Michigan and signed up for a credit card. He used the card to receive discount on his first purchase. A few months later a phone call comes him telling him he owes over 100 dollars for his purchase. He stated that he has never received a statement or the credit card and when they checked the address it was wrong. The rep told him she would adjust the statement and send a new one with only his original purchase on it. That statement had the wrong postal code on it so it was already pasted due when he recieved it. He phoned and was told to pay it right away. A postal money was sent along with the postal code correction and now he is being hounded for late fees which are now around 70 or more dollars. How do you deal with these crooks?

Comments

• Da
      2nd of Aug, 2011

I actually do not have a complaint...I want to tell you that the Appleton Younkers has the BEST manager named Glenda and some another is Pat in jewelry. I shop at younkers alot and they are wonderful...so helpful and kind. The ladies in the perfume are wonderful also. The other area's with wonderful employee's would be bedding, men's wear, handbags. They are fabulous...so kind and always nice. I do most of my shopping at Younker's in Appleton and because of these wonderful employees...I will continue and share this with everyone that I know...Black Creek, Wis.

• Ro
      16th of Aug, 2011

I do not want to issue a complaint. I want to praise a store clerk at the YOUNKER'S Store in the Lansing Mall in Lansing Michigan.. Last Saturday, I went to the Jewelry Department and could find no one to help me. A clerk, Paula, who used to be in the Jewelry Department, but now in Lingerie willingly came and helped me purchase a gold-chain. Because she previously worked in the Jewelry Department, she was very knowledgeable and more than willing to assist me. Paula knew a lot about the Jewelry Department, and I also know this from previous interactions with her in that department. I know she's been an employee at Younkers for a long time, as I shop there often and have seen her there many times. I'm grateful for the assistance that Paula gave me. Also, while Pauls was assisting me, no one, who ever was supposed to be working in that department, showed up. Paula is a wonderful asset to your organization. Please add this to her personnel file, and please notify me that this has been done. THANK YOU - Rosemary Sullivan-Lansing, Michigan.

• Pp
      20th of Nov, 2011

I WANT TO COMMENT ON A CLERK AT THE JORDON CREEK YOUNKERS IN DES MOINES, IOWA. MY MOTHER AND I WERE SHOPPING THERE AND AT CHECK-OUT THE CLERK RUSHED THROUGH EVERYTHING DESPITE OUR TELLING HER SEVERAL TIMES THAT SHE WAS RINGING THE DISCOUNTS ANDTHE PRICE WRONG ON A PAIR OF DENIM JEANS. WE WENT OVER THE RECEIPT AND SURE ENOUGH SHE HAD OVERCHARGED US BY 14.00. WHEN WE RETURNED TO THE "SERVICE DESK" WE WERE GREETED BY ANOTHER CLERK NAMED HOLLY. (THANKFULLY OUR ORIGINAL CLERK WAS TIED UP WITH ANOTHER CUSTOMER) HOLLY WAS PLEASANT, KNOWLEDGEABLE AND IMMEDIATELY CORRECTED AND EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO US ON THE RECEIPT. SHE IS THE REASON I WILL RETURN TO YOUNKERS. THREE CLERKS THAT WE WERE UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO COME IN CONTACT WITH PRIOR TO HOLLY IS THE REASON I WONDER WHY I EVER SHOP AT YOUNKERS. HOLLY IS TRULY AN ASSET TO YOUR COMPANY. SHE SHOULD BE COMMENDED FOR HER 'ABOVE AND BEYOND' BEHAVIOR!

• Tj
      4th of Jun, 2014

I am a little frustrated-went to pay my bill online and couldn't pay it past their eastern time. I called to make a payment and they charged me $15.00 extra dollars for paying over the phone. Very frustrated because I do not live close to a youners store to go make a payment. Kind of frustrated because they are charging me to make my payment on the day it is due I would like to try to contact someone-anyone have any suggestions?

• Cl
      4th of Sep, 2016

I am done shopping at Younkers in Des Moines. The store is a rip off. You can't return or exchange an item without the original receipt. Even with tags and item in the bag. what a rip off.