Ymax Communications Corp / Mediate for me with the IRS

David Webb called saying that I should have received notice that the IRS was taking me to court in two days for tax evasion and would seize all my assets. He said he would mediate for me for $484 - which I should pay via Western Union to a overseas account. This was the first I heard about it so I asked him what my name was, he said he couldn't say the name, only my claim number of 33963. I said I would check with the IRS since this is the first I've heard.
It's tax season so I couldn't get through to the IRS. He called back the next day and I gave him a false name and asked him to confirm the name on his claim. He confirmed the fake name I gave. Then I asked him to confirm my claim number that he gave the day before and I changee the number. He confirmed the fake number.
He said his office number was [protected] (only an answering machine).
He called once from [protected] (lookup said it was a known scam area code)
He called once from [protected] (he suddenly was at a landline in Maryland)

Fl
Apr 08, 2016

Comments

• Do
      May 24, 2017

Don Owens
    David Webb, I just got the same phone call as you did about the IRS was going to file a lawsuit on me in the 2 days. He wasn't very good at speaking English. I hung up on him 3 times and the 4th time, I kinda done like you. I told him that I worked for the IRS in and told him that someone was investigating him as I was talking to him. HE HUNG ON ME!!! IMAGINE THAT. He hasn't called back. How in the world do they get by with this?????
    Thanks for you post