Yellow Cab / Terrible phone service

1 Bakersfield, CA, United States Review updated:

My husband works for Advanced Beverage Co. and they pay for him to get free taxi cab rides if he ever needs one to be safe. On Saturday the 21st, at 1:00 am we called Yellow cab to get a taxi. We waited, and waited and then finally I called back 30 minutes later to see the status. She told me it would be about 15 minutes so we continued to wait. 15 minutes later I called back to see what was going on. By now we had been waiting for 1 hour and 30 minutes. I was very upset. I tried to call a different taxi company but yellow cab is the only ones that services Advance Beverage. I finally called back very upset and she kept hanging up on me. I finally got her name and her supervisors name, which is Vicki and supervisor Tony. She would not let me speak to a supervisor and she never sent a cab for us. I can not believe how disrespectful she was and how a cab never came.

Mh

Comments

• Rk
      1st of Apr, 2009

I travel every week to Nashville from Denver. On the way back I get a cab from the airport. This time I was stuck with Yellow cab. I had a driver whose stars aligned with a tortoise (might be a snail even). He was driving at 35 mph on a 50 mph road.

I typically pay $65 (including airport tax and tip) to the other taxi's

Anyway by the time I reach home in this Yellow Cab Snail mobile, the fare has jumped to $78.25. I tell the driver that this is something I have not seen (the fare) and he goes off on giving me a lecture saying that I have a choice to not to take his cab etc etc.

I called his supervisor and left a message. I never heard back from them.

Looks like I won't be riding a Yellow Cab.

• De
      26th of Jun, 2009

I've been living in Houston for about 10 months and this is the first time in a long time without a car. I started working not too far away from my apt and a friend told me about Yellow Cab. I wasn't used to big city living, so I wasn't sure how Taxi's and the Metro worked. During a good day, I w0uld take the bus, but at night, they don't run that late.

So I started calling YELLOW CAB. I spoke to some nice people, but majority of the dispatchers are ghetto-ly rude! They talk to you like you're stupid and have no respect.

The cab drivers on the other hand, are horrible! Majority of them are African. I am NOT racist because I am too come from a minority. Anyhow, they are GREAT at ripping you off. In HOUSTON, CAB#: 187 stops his meter BEFORE he gets to your destination and gives a random over priced limit. I understand it's a dollar more because it's night. But when he's still adding some more numbers in there, it is uncalled for!

They take advantage of those who are limited in transportation. PLUS, HOUSTON CAB# 1616, who drove around the whole parking lot "just to get out of there" was completely unnecessary. They'll take the long way home, drive really slow or circle your workplace to pick up that price.

Because of all this ruckus, I asked the dispatchers to not dispatch CAB# 187 mainly. So everytime I request a pickup, it always says for CAB #187 to not respond. Well, one night when CAB# 1616 came for my coworker and I, starting asking questions about CAB#187. First of all, that is UNPROFESSIONAL to instigate their coworkers. But then again, we strongly feel that they did that on purpose because they all talk in their native language and tell each other what we have to say.

Just yesterday, I started calling for this other Taxi line called Liberty Taxi...That company is the best customer service I've EVER received. (not only regarding taxi companies) They're polite, they say THANK YOU, and do NOT rip you off. I've never heard of this company, but gave me the decision to NEVER GO BACK TO YELLOW CAB TAXI SERVICES!

• Cu
      21st of Feb, 2011

totally not right at all! I can't believe ppl sometimes!