Yankee Retail Company / Unethical - Took my money and did not send items

Towards the middle of February 2010, I placed an order on line for the Croscill Isabella Comforter set from The Home Decorating Store. Today is March 8, 2010, and I still have not received anything, neither the comforter, an e-mail, nor a return phone call from this company. Finally I was able to get a hold of someone through the on-line chat today and I was told that the item was discountinued and that there were not going to ship it. DISCONTINUED!!! Why didn't they advertise that in the first place instead of selling items that did not exist?

This is so unethical for a company to do something like this. First they took my money, earned interest on it, avoid my calls and messages and waited until I called to let me know that the item was not going to ship.

When I requested my refund, they said I had to wait until the end of the week (today is Monday) to get my $200 back! That they will process the refund at that time. I could not be any more upset, disapointed and frustrated.

From reading other people reviews, I realize I am in the same boat with may other people who have fallen pray to this horrible and unethical company.

Now, I cannot purchase a comforter from someone else because my money is tied up with these crooks and I have to wait until they release it.

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY - DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!

They also do business under:

THE HOME DECORATING STORE
THE KIDS BED COMPANY
THE WIND CHIMES COMPANY
THE BEDS COMPANY
THE BABY BEDDING COMPANY

Comments

• Wa
      1st of Dec, 2010

This company is totally SCAM, FRAUD
    i ordered for my sister present from crystal company, was in stock and nextday i got the email
    backordered so have to wait 1 month andthan after 1month later i tracked my ordered
    oh my god !!! 2month more delay anyway who wants to wait for over 3month so i cancelled and takes 7 to 10 business for refund but i still not have moneyback yet, its been 15days i cancelled
    so stressful, i shoud read the reviews before i order, i think this company dont have any items in stock
    they just take whatever customer order and charge money right away and tell the customer discontinue or back order and hold the money as long as they can, totally SCAM !!!

• Cb
      1st of Mar, 2011

I totally agree with these posts, this company should be investigated for the unethical way they do buisness, I'm sure that it don't take 25 days to process a refund, one thing for sure I will never do buisness with this company again and any other company I do buisness with will be checked out before I buy from them, its companies like this that makes all online buisness look suspicious. A very unhappy camper, CBT.

• Mi
      1st of Apr, 2011

Why didn't I read these reviews a week ago?

They charged my credit card the same day I placed my large bedding order. When I called 5 days later to get the shipping status, I was told it was already shipped, and was given an AWB. No surprise that UPS or FEDEX have no record of that AWB.
    Thank God for American Express, who will refund my money!

• Ju
    Connecticut
    Phone: 860-642-7790
    yankeeretail.com

Dear Yankee Retail Customers,

If you receive a negative experience from my company, please contact me directly 860-642-7790 x102. I will personally address and try to solve any issue that your are having. Its clear from this feed back that we have failed to serve some of our customers correctly - we will try hard to address any issues that you are facing.

Sincerely
    Justin Potts
    CEO, The Yankee Retail Company

• Ca
      6th of Apr, 2011
    Yankee Retail Company
    Franklin
    Connecticut

Good service and item shipped quickly.

I had submitted an online order for the beautiful Zen quilt and two shams. I immediately realized I had made an error by not selecting the set which included a bedskirt for the same price. Such a value! Although the order had been processed, you were able to wave a wand and complete the set. My husband and I are so happy with the complete quality and beauty of this set.

Wanted you to know how impressed I was with such knowledgeable, flexible and courteous service. Thank you for their assistance and I look forward to purchasing from Yankee Retail once again.

• Sr
      27th of Apr, 2012
    Yankee Retail Company - Good service was able to change my order easily

Purchased over $800 of bedding. Received approximately $350. Cancelled order - took FIVE WEEKS to get refund. They NEVER returned my phone calls - even though recorded message says "we'll call you back in 2 working days". SHOP ELSEWHERE.

• Su
      24th of Apr, 2015
    The Home Decorating Store
    New Franklin, Connecticut
    Phone: 860-642-7790

Charged $18.99 shipping charge for 1 bed skirt, the rest of my order was lost and never received. There are many complaints about the practices of this company. Very unscrupulous!!! This place should be closed down...

• Le
      6th of Jun, 2018

They took my money also. I called and asked if I could return an item, a bedspread, and they agreed. I sent it through the shipping post for $75.00. Yankee Retail Company returned it to the shipping post with a sticker saying returned not allowed. I've attempted to call them, (860) 642-7790, and the number has been disconnected. So now I'm not only out the money for the bedspread but the shipping cost also.
    Does anyone know who I can call or write to them. This was a large amount of money. How can I contact "Good Service", I called the number above and it's the same number as Yankee Retail Company, been disconnected.