www.allianceoilgroups.com, www.zaman-associates.com / Employment Scam
I have received job offer from a company named Alliance Oil Groups in Malaysia. As per the information provided by them, their corporate office is in Kota Kinabalu, and other office is in Kuala Lumpur (my supposed to be work location). But I am not able to find any resources on Internet to verify their existance and authenticity (except their own website - www.allianceoilgroups.com). Hence, could you please let me know authenticity and reputation of this company? I have some concerns of authenticity and reputation of the company because:
1) They just asked for resume. When I sent, they sent a questionnaire and I replied with answers. After this, they directly sent me a Job Offer. No interviews, no documents asked, no details verified, nothing.
2) Their name is nowhere on Internet. Only their website hold their name(http://www.allianceoilgroups.com). No other references. Alliance Financial Group is there, but no Alliance Oil Group. Their own website does not have their company logo which is on the offer letter.
3) They called me for IT Supervisor, but when I told them I want IT Manager position, they immediately changed the position accordingly. Such things look difficult in a process driven company.
4) I receive emails from them at 10 o clock night Malaysia time. HR usually dont work late night.
5) They asked me to get myself the Work Permit and come there. Then they will reimburse the expenses. They have contract with a law firm (www.zaman-associates.com) and that person works for them as legal advisor too. He will get me work permits on his consultancy's behalf. He gave me his bank acct no. bu that acct doesn't belong to his company, it is personal acct no.
6) Neither the Oil company nor the law firm are publically listed (SDN BHD etc). No contacts on LinkedIn or Facebook or Orkut. This all looks fishy.
7) Alliance Oil website has HR dept no n email on 'contact us' page nistead of sales personnel contacts. So they look more interested in hiring people than doing Oil business.
8) Both Alliance Oil and Zaman Assoc websites are recently made and hosted at DirectI (I have notified of possible scam to DirectI).
9) When they sent me email for sending resume, they had listed a long list of positions (most into Oil and mechanical industry). IT position was only 'computer engineer'. Now that position is nowhere in the correspondence.
10) Neither Alliance Oil nor Zaman Assoc are marked on Google Maps or Wikimapia.
Please check and uncover this scam. Hundreds of people must have already lost their money by now.
Thanks and Best Regards,