WOWIllegal service charges

1 Review updated:

I have a signed contract with WOW, formerly Broadstripe, for internet service ONLY, at $36.00 monthly. For the past two months I am billed for $67.68, which includes internet, PHONE SERVICE AND CABLE! I have been a Direct TV customer for two years, have not had a phone line in over three years. They are harrassing me, stating if I do not pay $135.56 immediately, my service will be disconnected. This is a huge scam! I am elderly, living on a tight budget, and will not tolerate this blatant abuse.
I expect my service to continue as the contract states for $36.00 a month for internet service only.
WOW has a contract with Jefferson Street Square apartments, which is for the elderly. We expect them to fix this NOW!!!

More WOW Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Th
      Nov 09, 2012

Don't stress. Hit them with a legal document that will make them shape up - simply a letter sent signature request (or CMRRR i.e. certified mail return receipt requested-it's better than phone talking unless you can record the call for legal evidence purpose.)

Enclose a copy of the original contract stating the service is for internet only, @36.00/month for 3 years starting on xx date ending on xx date.

State your contract signed on xx date still stands. That you will not agree to any changes whatsoever without your written consent nor shall you recognize any phantom charges added thereof not included in the original contract.

That you "expect my service to continue as the contract states for $36.00 a month for internet service only."

That if you are contacted for any phantom debts allegedly from this account or an interruption of service due to the same that you shall consider this as harassment and you shall seek legal redress against them.

If you have to escalate this further/sue post a question debtorboards.com for step to step guidance.

FYI : Keep all documents for life.