Worldline.ca / Missleading costumers

1 55 Northfield Drive East, Suite #210 Waterloo, Ontario, CanaWaterloo, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416 848 8882

When I first called and Spoke to "Luis" he assured me that this company will provide unlimited long distance service to all land line in Colombia, as it is also mention in their web page. I discussed the service with my husband and I proceeded to sing up on line at around 1:00 AM on February 2, 2010.

The next day in the morning at around 8:00 AM on Feb 3, 2010, I tried calling my mother, sister and brother I was not able to communicate. I tried a friends number and I was able to get thru to him. So I tried my mother again, only to be unsuccessful. That is when I decided to call customer service thinking I was doing something wrong. I spoke to "Danny" who inform me then that there are certain numbers in Colombia that do not work and they start with an "8". I asked him to cancel the service and he provided me with cancelation number 130314 and he said they should refund me within 7 days. Later that day I called again because the access number was still active and spoke to "Iris" and asked her to please disconnect the access number and make sure the account was cancel, which she did, I think, at least she said she did.

Today I called to find out about the refund only to hear that the billing department denied my refund because I had service. A service that I did not use, and I can not use because the three numbers that I have to call do not work with this service.

This company is misleading customers in the web page and thru the reps. They are lying to people. It is very easy to say they are not approving the refund and do not accept responsibilities "approving? am I asking for credit to get approved?".

Since I did not get anywhere with this company, I reported them to my credit card, VISA, The Better Business Bureau and will spread the news through different websites where you can report companies like this. I don't care what it takes, somehow I am going to let people know that they are ripping people off and that they misrepresent them selves. Is not even about the money anymore (in fact I already got a refund from my Visa), is about being "Ethical" and upholding the promises of service.

Thank you.

• sri ram stores's Response, Sep 14, 2018

edc or pos terminal is not working properly .when the merchant copy is came the edc terminal is switch off automatically the customer support is not proper

Comments

• Hi
      24th of Feb, 2010

I am an American who worked and lived in the Dominican Republic for 18 months. The main Worldline call center is located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Rep.

You will get nowhere by talking to any of the employees at that particular call center. You need to INSIST on speaking to Peter Cross or Jody Schnarr. Peter is the main manager and Jody is the owner. They are probably the only ones who will be able to help you out.

Worldline also has some employees in Canada - I believe in Waterloo, Ontario? I don't remember how to get in touch with them but you might check their website and see what you can do.

The Dominicans in the call center aren't bad people, they just aren't paid to care about your issues. I had a hard time with the 'I don't give a [censored] attitude' most of the employees had when I worked there.

Good luck!

• Ku
      4th of May, 2011

i reported this company to crtc. THey denied to give my refund as well.

3rd of Sep, 2012

hello Worldline phone compagny its a disaster i can tell u guys because i was working for them i know what happen there in that compagny, the all employees must to pass the bad information speak lies to the customers its an obligatory to defend the company with the lies informations... not only that the all supervisors and manger [censored] the employees!!! if you are a new employee u have to go out with them without that you wii be canceled its so hard to work on this call center Dom Rep its a disaster i was feeling so bad and i can see the girls used to thoses guys David Desir the asistant manager, Ricardo the supervisor from outbound, and williams pression all to speak lies to the customer and send false report to a director for to give a right up easier to put you on trouble because the girl sometimes dont want to go out with him... and now the thing Happen there its if you dont want to still go out with them u gonna be canceled automatcally
    Dears customer this company its a disaster i can told you because i was working for them 1 years ag three months i receive a notice form my friend was been canceled because David Desir want to go out with her she doessnt want because i supose he had a wife, but he never mind about that if you also have husband
    Dear Peter Cross you have to change your supervisor and manager or talk to them because by the way the job Secretary gonna doing a clean up because its a abuse its not Fair

• Ov
      6th of Mar, 2018

I would not recommend any of you guys to take any service with that company. I used to work as an agent for them, they false-advertise their service to you telling you that you will get the lowest price in the market, which may be true for the first two, three months then it will go up like any of the usual Canada companies with a better internet like Bell, etc. Also not to mention the wack and petty customer service due to having their customer service center overseas in the DR and not having any customer friendly culture, they get anyone who knows how to say''apple'' in the phone to talk to customers, plus they pay those poor ppl less than $2.00 dollars per hour making them ''loving''their job even more. The reason why they send you a bell tech pretty much for everything related to the line is because they're renting damaged lines from them to get you a wack cheapy service. Actually, most of the times when you call customer service they don't even have the tools to fix your issue and they always end up sending a bell tech for the reason already explained above. I am posting this just to let you know about their scam, I spent almost two years working for them.