World Financial Network National BankHarassing phone calls

P Review updated:

BEWARE!!! You have rights (even against debt collectors)!! World Financial Network National Bank is harassing me morning, noon, & night (this is the only Website I can find on them http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/wfnnb.html). They start calling me early in the morning and proceed to call all day and night. They ask for me and when I say it's me they hang up most of the time. After much research I was able to obtain their phone number [protected] Consumer Relations) and call them (they call from numerous area codes). I finally spoke to a decent person and she put my number on their do not call list. I told her I was filing harassment charges at the New York Police Department if they do not stop calling me. In addition I said I will file a complaint with the FCC and the Attorney General. She was helpful and understood, however, I continued to receive harassing phone calls. I told each caller to stop calling me, otherwise, I'm filing charges (at all the above). Send a “cease to call letter” to them and any other debt collector or sales call. One lowlife representative told me they will continue to call even after they receive the "cease to call letter". Of course, I told her that is against the law and she cannot continue to call me and she replied in a very nasty tone she and other representatives will continue to call. After telling her 10 times not to call and by law (since the company was notified in writing) they cannot call, I just hung up on her (I reported her and the number where she was calling from immediately to Consumer relations dept of this crappy company WFNNB). Hopefully, she will be reprimanded because 5 minutes later I got another call from them. This time it was a gentleman and he said the previous caller was incorrect and should not have spoke to me like that. He told me to make sure I mail the "cease to call" letter immediately. I am giving them 24 hours to stop calling me and if they don’t, I will go to the nearest police department and file harassment charges. It is against the law for them to keep on harassing me. Here is the website for information on New York law http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/downloads/pdf/debt_collection_fact_sheet.pdf.

Dec 22, 2008
    World Financial Network National Bank - Business Etiquette
    World Financial Network National Bank

My experiences with World Financial Network National Bank have been terrible. Their business etiquette is very poor.

• A
      Feb 22, 2009

The man on the phone hung up on me when I asked if I could speak to his manager or superior! When I tried to call the exact number that he called from that was left on my caller ID, it wouldn't go through. He didn't explain why there were charges I didn't make and when I asked if it was a case of identity theft, he angrily answered me no, and accused me of lying!

I think I am going to have to take legal action against them.

• 1
      Aug 25, 2009

without them receiving the cease and desist letter they can still call, just an FYI. they only honor writen requests

Oct 13, 2009

Wouldn't it be easier to just pay the bill?

• WFNNB is terrible. They have called me twice in the past year, and are hecklers. They are pushy to get what they want, with phrases such as "we prefer" or "you should authorize payment" or "is there a reason for your delinquency." I told them I felt more comfortable making my payment online, and the guy responds, "we prefer you to authorize payment over the phone because it's quicker for us." Then, I said I don't feel comfortable doing that, and he says "well I have your information right here..." I say "sure" and then he asks "can you verify your address?" just to be safe, I respond, "I don't feel comfor..." and he interrupts and says "Fine, we dont' need your confirmation" and then confirms payment and hangs up.

###.

Oct 20, 2009

The wfnnb thinks they are a law-unto-themselves. I made the mistake of opening an account at an Express clothing store and found out the hard way about this financial institution. They have their online payment form set to default for same day payment which incurs a $10.00 service fee. This is their default setting!!! You have to manually change it and if you aren't reading the fine print you will get suckered into this trap. Well, no more! Like Trav mentioned above...it was easier to pay the $10.00 service fee and and forget it. The only thing I can do about this situation is cancel my Express credit card...yep...that is exactly what I did. They need me more than I need them! If I ever open another credit account...stressing the "if"...I will make certain I am not dealing with wfnnb. Good luck to you and take my advice. Don't walk...run...fast...away from this financial institution!

• B
      Oct 20, 2009

I totally agree with the postS above. Never again.

Victoria's Secret "UNFORTUNATELY" uses them also but i WON'T USE THEM AGAIN.

I made a purchase of $221.57 but when I checked my account to pay it off, only a balance of $187.66 were showing on my account.
    They never sent me paper or even email statements or notifications when the remaining $33.94 posted 2 weeks later, so I had no idea I had a pending balance.

2 months later, after no statements, they call me saying that I owe them $74.94

I have never been late on a payment. I explained that amount was posted later and I wasn't receiving statements so they said they would waive the fee.

I payed the $33.94 at the store.

2 weeks later, I get another call saying I still have a pending balance!!! and that they won't waive the fees.
    I've been on the phone about 10 times this week and it's still not resolved.

so...Never again, not to save $10 on a bra!

seems to me like SCAM ARTIST!

• U
      Nov 01, 2009

I believe that as consumers, we all have aresponsibiltity to pay our bills. A "statement is only a reminder, you know the bill is due, if you charge something, then you know that there is a bill due!!! I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR COMPLAINTS. You complain and complain, but you didnt have a problem charging did you? If you mail your bill in, it "possibly"may be a day late then you are going to get charged a late fee. You signed an agreement saying you would pay the bill. Yourproblem!!! Life is not free and neither are bills and especially credit cards:) It is not a scam, your just irresponsible.

• B
      Nov 22, 2009

I just had it out with the WFNNB over my Victoria's Secret account as well. I closed it after they charged me $60 in late fee when I went to online payments. It's an f'd up system they have. I've been almost all my bills online for a very long time and I've never incurred late payments until this.

Unknow321..go crawl under a rock and die you jerk. I don't feel sorry for a-holes like you that think they are perfect people.

• V
      Nov 25, 2009

I never had any problems with WFNNB but they should beware of what companies they lend money to. I should have investigated this online company called VENUE before ordering from them. I ordered an ipod from them back in Sept. After about 3 weeks of waiting I called to see where the item was and I was told someone would call me in 72 hours. No one did so I called back and was put on hold for about 15 mins. Some chick answered and told me that the item I ordered was a very popular back to school item and it was on back order. So a bill came from VENUE with WFNNB as the bank associated with them and I was to make a payment without ever receiving an item. So the stupid person I was then paid the min payment as i did not want to ruin my credit and with my luck the item would be delivered the day after my payment due date and I would risk paying a late fee. Well, after another few weeks I called VENUE again and was told another BS story. I decided to call the BBB and filed a complaint. When I called the company back to tell them to cancel my order, I was told I would still have to pay my monthly payment for at least two more billing cycles before I was released from any fininancial obligations. I said no I don't b/c I filled a complaint with the BBB and I'm not paying for any unreceived item. Went online today and low and behold I owe nothing! The kicker is I made one$15 payment and they are only refunding me $9. What a rip off from the company and I'm sure the bank doesn't really care. Im not going to stress over $6. I'm just gald its over---so BEWARE of the company---google VENUE and see the consumer complaints. Crazy! Oh yeah, every time I called I kept getting the same guy---found that very odd. I guess they really think consumers are stupid cuz they got me once but neve again.

A little dumb from VA BCH

Dec 14, 2009

I just have received "Important Information Inside" letter from WFNNB and everybody that got this letter should read it really carefully. They are charging quote" There will be a $1.00 processing fee for every paper statement you receive" and this is not to mention all the other legal stuff that they added in this letter plus increase in APR%.

This bank is something else and if anybody out there knows what accounts they cover please let me know at [protected]@sbcglobal.net I would like to cancel these ASAP since there is a lot of shady business here.

Any help here greatly appreciated.

Jan 11, 2010

Yes that's true! When I called the # & pressd the button that I disgreed with this, a recording came on saying that I just closed my fashion bug card!!!
    I've been on the phone with the FTC, the OCC, & I was given this web address to also file a complaint there :
    www.helpwithmybank.gov

World Financial Network National Bank
    P.O. Box 659704
    Phone: [protected]
    ========================
    I just called this # & you come to a voice mail to leave a message!!! UGH!!!

• G
      Jan 14, 2010

WFNNB are sending notices of 24.99% increase as mandatory (and retroactive from October/09) finance charges with very little time to take proper action and to really understand their legal terms. They want to get people accepting their arbbitration agreement, which looks contradicted and not on cardholder's favor. How do I find out if they are having a class act going against them????. Thanks

Jan 14, 2010

This is completely bananas! I find it funny how people like to complain about a ligit company that has been around for years and think that just because YOU close your account with WFNNB at one store they care... I mean come on now, WFNNB finance credit cards for over 100+ stores that every american and foreign lands shop at. For every person they loose they game 3 more in an hour. It's very simple, you charge, you pay! Don't get mad if you get stuck with late fees because you were irresponsible to make your payments. You call WFNNB scam artist, uh no. It's called business and we are a bank. You not making your payments are a risk to WFNNB which is an american grown company. Here is a little insight, WFNNB is a first party Bank. Which means they have their own company issuing the rights to a credit card, and they use their own collection department to collect on those credit cards. So you geniuses out there that think you know the law and think you know how collection agencies are supposed to operate, you need to follow up on the law if you are a first party collector. There are different set of rules. It's funny how some people honestly tell the collectors what's supposed to happen. Clearly you are used to being in debt and being called for you not making payments, so pay your bill. For those who get mad because they get a collection call after 1 missed payment...

1. There is a first time for everything. You are not too perfect to miss a payment. If you are so up on your payments, you would know that every month your payments are due at the same time. Therefore, you would not need a statement to let you know that your payments are due every month, Especially those indivisuals that has been customers for years.

2.WFNNB does not have to call you to let you know you are late. They could just not call you, continue to make contact with you through mail (which you claim you did not receive), and charge for each month that you are late. Yes, they can do that, why? Because they own the credit cards and the rights to the credit card.

3. Don't open a credit card until you're ready to be responsible to make the payments. It's simple. The Stores ask you if you want to apply. You do. You sign. You charge. You Pay!

Jan 23, 2010

I like how people say they need me more than i need them. Not true this isn't the only way we make money. Also plain and simple pay your bill on time every time no problems. Think of it this way i loan money to you i want it back like the agreement says. You guys need to double look your laws cause we don't violate the FDCPA act. Why do you think we aren't in trouble with the law think about it? In conclusion im not perfect but i try my best to pay my dues and if i make a mistake i understand there is penalties.

P.S. I hope you guys dont get pissed but we also are going to charge $1 for each mail statement as of 03/01/10;)

Jan 26, 2010

After being up all night ill, I finally managed to go to sleep, only to be awaken at 8:15 am.By you guessed it,
    World Financial Network National Bank .The lady who did not identify herself, asked to speak to someone named Melissa.I told her that noone lived here by that name.Then she said, "Your Melissa?" I told her no, I am not Melissa, and there was noone that lived here by that name.Then she proceeded to ask me how long I've had this number.I told the Lady that I did not think that was any of her bussiness.Where upon she says to me, "Well, there is a Melissa there as we have had recent contact with her at this number."
    Well by this time, you can bet I was well peeved, and told the lady, "Not at this number you didn't!" At which point she told me,
    "This call is being recorded, and will be investigated"

So if anyone from, World Financial Network National Bank is reading this...please note there is NOONE by the name of Melissa that lives in my household! I DO NOT have a credit card from World Financial Network National Bank! Nor have I EVER HEARD of
    World Financial Network National Bank, until I was rudely woken up after an hour and a half of sleep!

And YES, I am filing a complaint against World Financial Network National Bank for harrassment!

• L
      Jan 31, 2010

Hey smiles4u
    Why do you guys issue cards to people whom you know ain't gonna pay? That's some BS right there.

Feb 18, 2010

I have been an employee of World Financial Network National Bank for years and this company is not a fraud or a scam. We are a Federal Bank and follow Federal guidelines. All the negative comments from consumers stem from people that borrow money and give every reason in the book to not make payments on time and then complain when they are given a late fee. In fact the "I never got my bill" excuse is ridiculous. If you knew you made a purchase and received merchandise and "never received a bill" wouldnt you contact your creditor and find out why instead of letting it ride for months and then get upset because there are late fees? RIDICULOUS ... If you let someone borrow money you would make every attempt possible to get paid back. The phone calls are made to the phone numbers that the customer provides ... if it is a wrong # not our fault ... RESOLUTION - DONT APPLY FOR CREDIT IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO MAKE PAYMENTS ON TIME ...

• M
      Mar 03, 2010

I have no credit cards with this company or any of their branded credit cards.

I have told them that they have the wrong person but they ignore me and continue to be rude during the call.

They have harassed me for more that a month.

They have never sent anything in writing about this false debt.

I have written the letter to have them stop. As soon as I have the receipt for delivery of the letter, it will be added to the case file with the State's Attorney General.

These people are truly unbelievable in their constant harassment.

Mar 14, 2010

I have worked in Customer Service for many years before I came to work for WFNNB. I have never in my life come in contact with so many ridiculous people. The customers of WFNNB are at the top of the list for absurd idiots. I listen to people all day give excuse after excuse for not paying their debt. "I am out of work" yet I am talking to you on my cell phone ??? Also - i just went and made a purchase in the store ?? UNBELIEVABLE!!! The other good one is I am filing bankruptcy but I have racked up $500 in purchases in the last few months. I cant believe that people get mad when they are called because they are late on their bill. When WFNNB adds late fees because they havent paid their bill in 2 months they are pissed. Dont apply for credit with us unless you plan on following the terms and conditions of the agreement. PAY ON TIME OR GET A LATE FEE - OR BETTER YET ... DONT APPLY FOR CREDIT IF YOU CANT PAY YOUR BILL.

Mar 22, 2010

It is kinda funny to read most of these posts about WFNNB. I truly believe most people need to become more informed before they just start splurting uneducated information out. The people that do the most complaining are those in fact the ones that are not paying their bills on time. If you want to be a responsible card holder you need to actually read the card holder agreement before you accept that store discount and open an account and that goes for any bank not just WFNNB. Everyone knows that credit cards all have terms to how they must be paid back and if you don't conform with the agreement you are going to be charged fees regardless of the bank. The bank is in the business to make money, so yes they like it when some of the customers go behind so a fee can be charged. That is how banks make money. With the all the new credit card laws going into effect you are going to see banks coming up with new fees like the "1" fee for a statement but because of the new laws the paper expense to send statements has increased. Most companies will let you waive that fee if you register online for statements. But really it is not the credit card companies that got the American people in debt, it was the American people continually living outside of their means and depending on credit. Let's just lay the blame on where it really deserves to be laid.

• A
      Apr 28, 2010

This is towards the supposed WFNNB employee who is defending that institution. Your statement and I quote "All the negative comments from consumers stem from people that borrow money and give every reason in the book to not make payments on time and then complain when they are given a late fee. In fact the "I never got my bill" excuse is ridiculous, " is grossly inaccurate. Not to mention insulting. First of all, I have excellent credit and up till dealing with your beloved bank, an excellent credit rating. I have over three thousand dollars currently in my checking account. Secondly, how dare you assume that the people that are complaining on here are deadbeats? I was TRYING to give WFNNB my money, trying to send an electronic check, and they screwed me royally by a) not telling me their bank would not accept my electronic payment, b) after taking my payment on the phone, for which they are famous because they love the extra $10 fee, I called my bank and put a stop payment on the check they had sent on my behalf when they could not connect electronically with WFNNB, as I had just paid by phone. When I called to find out why I could not make a payment electronically, they said it was because my check had been returned. I pointed out that because the stupid bank would not accept my electronic payment (and by the way, every other freaking vendor on the planet accepts from Chase Manhattan Bank), and I paid the $10 for the over-the-phone payment before I found out my bank had sent the payment on my behalf in the mail, and only THEN did I put a stop payment on it, it was therefore their fault they didn't notice I had ALREADY made a payment. I spoke to a WFNNB supervisor who told me and I quote "sometimes we are able to connect with banks electronically, sometimes we are not." I was blown away, asking, what??? In the blessed 21-st Century? Then I was told I had to wait three months before I could make another electronic payment. So... instead of making the minimum $14 payment, I sent them $150, just to shut them up and because dealing with them was making me sick. Two months goes by and I'm wondering, where are my invoices? Thinking they were satisfied with the $150 and no invoices were being mailed to me, I didn't dwell on it too much. Invoices come at all times of the month, I'm a busy woman, so I figured all is well and they would send one when it was time. Surprise...I get a call at 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning to WFNNB announcing I was 60 days past due. I was livid. First, I asked, why didn't you call me 30 days ago? Second, where are my freaking invoices? Again, they told me the same thing they told everybody else on here who is complaining, that I signed up for electronic invoices--hello, I did NOT. I checked my deleted items, inbox--NADA. Further, when I attempted to make another electronic payment and it did not go through, and I called up to find out why, being as my 3 month supposed penalty period was up, they told me "WE NEVER ACCEPT ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS FROM ANY OTHER BANK BUT WFNNB." I was speechless. They insisted they sent me electronic invoices--they are LYING. So, my credit rating has been damaged, these guys are clearly scamming people for late fees and $10 phone payments, and they insist theys sent me invoices when they did not. And by the way, since you're so smug about your lovely employer, why are there no blogs about Citibank, or Chase Manhattan, or any other upright institution? It's because WFNNB is a crooked, shoddy operation that has a [censored] buddy relationship with the Better Business Bureau, which would explain why the latter gives them an A+ rating on their website, in spite of hundreds of complaints. A+ my ###. So take your snotty "I love my company" attitude and SHOVE IT.

May 08, 2010

To Angry Consumer 321 - You are as ridiculous as the rest. Why would you wait 60 days to get a call from a lender telling you that you are late? First of all it is not the responsibility of WFNNB to call you when you are late nor is it our responsbility to call you and ask if you got your statement. You made the purchases - and it is YOU that is liable to manage your account. The bank shouldnt have to hold your hand and make sure you are receiving your statements and paying your bill. If you dont receive a statement (yeah right) call them and let them know. No you just sit there for 2 months to see if maybe you will get one. Most of the consumers who dont get a statement fail to call and update their information if they move or change their e mail address but somehow that is our fault too. CRAZY ... How would WFNNB know that you had sent a payment thru your bank? I guess we are supposed to be mind readers too. The $10 fee is for those who wait til the last minute to pay their bill and the payment myst be posted that day to avoid the late fee. I guess that is our fault too that consumers call the same day the payment is due to make a payment ??? Your credit rating was damaged because you failed to follow up properly on your account. And by the way the call you received at 7am was not WFNNB must have been another bill you didnt pay - our dialer begins at 8am. GET A LIFE ... No response necessary

May 17, 2010

To Angry Lady Consumer 321 ... Are u serious ? If you claim to not be sent your statements wouldnt you have called WFNNB way before 60 days had passed? You made the purchase and applied for the credit - the responsibility is with YOU not WFNNB to contact you. The goal of WFNNB is to keep accounts current so what reason would we have not to send statements ??? MAKES NO SENSE - just another excuse to try and put the blame on someone other than yourself for paying your bill late. We have an A+ credit rating for a reason. Your credit rating is damaged because you failed to follow up on your responsibility in a timely manner. I find it very odd that people that dont pay their bill always find it necessary to share with the world how much money they have in their checking account ... (That's funny ) By the way - the call you had at 7am on a Sunday morning was not WFNNB - our dialer begins at 8 am ... it must have been another creditor you owe ... GET A LIFE - no reply necessary.

• I
      May 19, 2010

So for all you idiots complaing about WFNNB not accepting your payments for your online banking your incorrect with your statement. They have to by federal law accept a payment sent to them from a bank within 24 hours!! Have any of you ever realized that your bank sends a check in the mail which can also cause a delay in processing the payment??? Just because you set it up through "online banking" doesn't mean that it's sent via the internet. If your don't like the 10 dollar processing fee then go online and post it for the next day, it takes up to 48 hours depending on YOUR bank!!! You can also go into the store and pay it just keep your receipt and call to make sure it posted. Excuses like I don't live near a store are pathetic!!! Obviously you were able to go spend money at the store but, you can't make it in to pay it back?!?! For the people that live in Canada... Hey guess what no American company will accept a check from your bank because American routing and checking numbers are different for ours. Bottom line is stop borrowing money that you can't pay BACK!!! If you act like an [censor] on the phone then you are probably going to get treated like one. If any of you think the credit card act that will be placed into full effect as of August is going to stop additional fees then think again. Your minimum dues will raise, most apr's will stay the same and you will recieve your bill earlier so start coming up with fresh excuses on why you can't pay. If you don't like the calls then don't open the card!!! For those of you that state that you have a "perfect credit rating" your clearly lying if this company is calling you!!! Wake up and stop blaming others for your mistakes!!!

Jun 10, 2010

this is eddie kim i have a card from victoria secret and i just closed the account long time ago so please don't call me anymore because i don't have a alot of money to pay the payments anymore so i hate u people call me so please don't call me anymore because i am so angy with u people

Aug 10, 2010

These people have been in business for years, and they have always been RUDE on the phone. I just finished speaking with a man from there who was personnally insulting to me, and basically called me a liar, when I got on the phone, for one of my employees, and requested as her manager that they stop calling here. This caller would not stop talking over me, and interrupted constantly. When I asked for his name, and to speak to his supervisor, he refused. I have looked up the laws, and you can bet there will be a NO CALL letter going out, but it sounds as if no one there will give a flip about letters, or the law about harrassment. ***AND for those of you who assume that all debtors are deadbeats, there is frequently a legitimate reason why we are not payiong a bill, such as a disagreement with the original merchant. Most of us DO pay our bills, even though sometimes unforseen things happen to cause us to be late. I tell my creditors to go ahead and add the interest, I understand that, and will pay as soon as I have the funds to do so. I can live with the consequences of my own bad planning, etc, but I do not need the daily aggravation and harrassment. Believe me, I have not forgotten about my bills. This company is horrible, and someone needs to shut them down.

Aug 19, 2010

That company is crap! They never even called me they called my Boyfriend and gave him my personal information and they allowed him to pay and settle and even cancel my account when i owed less then 100 dollars! can you say ILLEGAL!!!

Aug 27, 2010

I naively got a credit card from this bank at the Express clothing store. Never have I met with such rudeness. My balance was 60$. I was late paying so they tagged on a $20 late charge. I asked them to take it off, they didn't do so. I did paid the balance but they kept tagging late charge after late charge until the total was $260. I agreed to settle for $145 finally but they still report it as a loss or "charge off" on my credit report instead of "closed settlement". When I called to ask if they could correct this they were extremely rude and refused to help. It was like dealing with some hoodlums on the street. I just want to know what recouse I have. I want to write to the president of this company. Can you help?

Sep 21, 2010

My Mother, used a 12 Months same as cash. When she went in two (2) days before the bill was due to pay off the account, the sales clerk CALLED WFNNB for the total balance as she was paying over $3000.00 cash. The clerk called WFNNB and got the total and completed the payoff. TWO (2) days later a charge was added to her account. When the bill came we called WFNNB who stated it was a purchase at one of five (5) stores in our area. I called all 5 but no one had a record of the transaction. I called WFNNB back and they said that their security dept. would investigate. 3 months later the calls started and they told her it was interest for the 12 month same as cash because she was late. She paid on a Friday and the due date was a Sunday. HOW can anyone who runs a business retain customers when they are using a lowlife scaliwag bank like WFNNB? Value City Furniture is the business who used them and they are a family owned business, I hope they realize that this "bank" is a predatory creature preying on the elderly (mom's 79) and the rest of the working class people.

Sep 27, 2010

I got high pressured into applying for a fashion bug card. I told the sales clerk no the first time. She kept on and on about how I would be surprised so I said go ahead. And of course I got approved. I even told her I had bad credit and didnt have a job. She didnt care because she probably got some big fat commision check for suckering some poor person into it. I went into the store with my own debit card from my bank to pay for a purchase and she put the purchase on the fashion bug card and didnt tell me. That is fraud and as far as I'm concerned I will not pay a dime to these people they can just send it to a collections and add it to my already crappy credit.

Sep 29, 2010

I opened a card with Avenue just for the additional 15% off discount. I don't shop there a lot but my first and last experience with World Financial Network National Bank. You only have one option to receive statements via mail or email so I chose email. Come to find out they entered an incorrect email address for me. Keep in mind because they have an incorrect email address it also means I cannot access my account online. In any case, I forgot about it for the next two months so the harassing calls begin. What a joke they trying to be so nasty and threatening! At this point, I’m actually glad they have contacted me so we could figure out why I was not receiving statements.

WFNNB admits that they entered my email address incorrectly so I offer to pay on the spot if they waive the late fee. A customer service rep by the name of “Jacqueline” refused and was extremely rude. Figured I could get another representative with a little more class & etiquette so I hang up and called back. This new customer service rep was worse! Maybe just a bad day at WFNNB so I'll call back another time.

I have dealt with plenty of customer service reps that were unprofessional and crude but always have had luck with talking to managers or their superior. A few days later I speak with a manager by the name of "Justin" for about 5 minutes trying every which way to persuade him into removing the late fee or at least meeting me half way. Now I have two late fees and have tried negotiating with 3 reps and 2 managers. I give up and am just paying the damn $60 late fees. I am never dealing with such a poor quality institution and will NEVER GIVE MY BUSINESS TO WORLD FINANCIAL NETWORK NATIONAL BANK. I suggest you do the same and don't say I told you so! :)

Sep 29, 2010

Things I've learned from previous posts: SCAM ARTISTS & THEY NEEED ME MORE THAN I NEED THEM!

I have dealt with plenty of customer service reps that were unprofessional and crude but always have had luck with talking to managers or their superior. A few days later I speak with a manager by the name of "Justin" for about 5 minutes trying every which way to persuade him into removing the late fee or at least meeting me half way. Now I have two late fees and have tried negotiating with 3 reps and 2 managers. I give up and am just paying the damn $60 late fees. I am never dealing with such a poor quality institution and will NEVER GIVE MY BUSINESS TO WORLD FINANCIAL NETWORK NATIONAL BANK - THEY CAN KISS MY A$$. I suggest you do the same and don't say I told you so! :)

Sep 29, 2010

... sorry didn't mean to post twice but wanted to add my lead off sentence :)

• W
      Oct 14, 2010

You guys are so dumb. First of all pay your effing bill, secind if you cant afford it uh...dont open the card!!! These accounts are you responsibility. Maybe if you read your terms and conditions then you would unerstand the account more. The collectors do actually have a leagal right to call as much as they want until they actually speak to you. Key freaking word people SPEAK TO YOU. Maybe if you as consumers werent such skids and a-holes than maybe someone would waive a late fee for you. And they dont really care if they loose your business, there are plenty more customers where you came from. Please people re-read the FDCPA. IF you read the FDCPA and paid close attention then you would see. Also same thig goes for your terms and conditions. You guys are obviously so iggnorent just like every damn consumer out there is these days. People wonder why the economy is bad, its because of people like YOU!!! Grow up people. You owe the freaking money deal with it!!! You will get a late fee, you will have finance charges and yes, your interest will increase to 24%. Maybe if you paid the bill you wouldnt run into these things. Regarding the calls, be aware they will continue the calls if you dont answer and if you answer after they id the bank name and client you will recieve another call in 5 days. Its funny how you complain about the bank yet the collectors on their smoke break make fun of you for being so oblivious tpo the true situation. Its never your fault when YOU owe money right? Well pone more time grow the [censored] up. PAY YOUR BILLS and quit contributing to the bad economy then maybe you can afford your bill

• R
      Oct 28, 2010

I agree... I am not a deadbeat...In fact my payments should have been a month in advance...but suddenly my payment due date is different from my billing cycle...so the payments I thought would appear on my September statement, posted as a late payment in August...
    If your company is so above board (I was a VP at the 5th largest financial institution in the USA...no bank is above board) why can't I view the Cardhold Agreement online. It's not available on your website and when I tried to obtain it by appling for a credit card with a different store...it stated I should read the Agreement prior to submitting my application. That would be great advice...if in fact the Agreement was available to read.
    If I somehow missed this Agreement, please post where I can find it. I tried applying with the "Limited".

Oct 31, 2010

I lost my mailbox key, and given I work a full time job and could not take off a day to go to the Post Office during the week, and then it took a while to get it taken care of, I couldn't get my mail for a while. I DO have to work, and I don't work any simple 8-5er. [censor] happens. So I get a call from this World Financial place. Now I didn't know that because they have this fake English woman tell you to hold (?), and then the line goes silent forever the first time, and I was kind of busy getting ready for work at the buttcrack of the morning. No worry there! They will harrass you non-stop. Answered the next call on way to work and told dude the deal, that I rarely use credit cards so thanks for letting me know, I'll pay if off on Friday. Between that Monday and today (Sunday) I have received non-stop constant harrassing phone calls. Woke me up Saturday, wokd me up this morning. So I call them. Told the woman the story, gave her my check number, told her the amount of the check, told her you have no online capabilities and I can't control the fricking USPS. So what does she do? Starts asking me all kinds of personal information: what's your home phone number (sorry lady, I am like the rest of the world and use a cell phone); what's your work number (like I want THEM to have that!); then (like I'm dumb) WHERE do you work? Seriously. I explain I don't lie, did what I told the dude I was going to do, and leave me the HELL alone - if he didn't note the story, not my problem! So she tells me I won't be harrassed again. An hour later, I get ANOTHER call from a different area code. I try to call back, and all of a sudden the last four digits of my SS# is no longer accurate? GIVE ME A BREAK!! It worked this morning on your phone system! And [censor]s - I work for a LAW FIRM!

Oct 31, 2010

I pay my bill on time, but [censor] happens. Work a very difficult many hours job, so can't just "take off." Lost mailbox key, couldn't just 'take off' immediately to take care of the govt. red tape, and when I did took a while. Meanwhile, shamey shamey I didn't get my Maurice's payment made off that pay check, and yes people, you DO run out in this economy given the government has passed so many excise taxes since 1990 that none of us can afford to live. Have you seriously been to the grocery store lately? And we all kind of need FOOD.

I have never seen anything like this. Starts with a fake English accent computer woman who puts you on hold (at the buttcrack of the morning, when I had just gotten out of the shower). Hold lasted forever, I hung up. [How honest is that to communicate?] No problem there! They definitely call back! Less than an hour later, on my way to work driving in traffic. This time a real human. I explained the situation, that I get paid on Friday and will pay it off at that time. Which I did. Meanwhile, I have been called no less than 20 times this week. Woke me up Sat and Sun mornings. I called back, not very happy. NO way to pay online, stuff with a check in the mail. Asked me personal information, like where do I work? None of your fricking business (a LAW FIRM [censor]).

It is possible to treat people with respect, but not with World Financial.

The best is, after I called them, etc., explained, it wasn't an hour later that I got ANOTHER call from them from another area code. THEN I tried to call them back again and talk to al supervisor, and suddenly my last four digits of my SS# didn't work, so stuck in a loop on their phone system? Happenstance? I don't think so given it worked just fine this morning. AWFUL PEOPLE... Yes, all you "I love them" people who work for them do because they pay your salary. But moral? Not even close.

Oct 31, 2010

Oh, and one of you judgmental people - it wasn't any 60 days late by any means! One lousy paying on a $192 balance! THAT IS COO COO FOR COCO PUFFS.