Advanta Bank Corp Complaints & Reviews

Advanta Bank CorpRip off

Advanta Bank Corp is a RIPOFF. I opted out of the new interest rate terms 29.99% and they closed my account and still raised it.

I constantly called and complained and refused to pay until I got some resolve. They reported this to the three credit bureaus. Did Advanta receive any bailout money from the government?

• En
      Enough is Enough123 Oct 18, 2009

Advanta, crooks like all the others. Just stop paying Credit Card bills. If we all stop, it will send a message. Your credit scores are not going to manner any way beginning next year.

Advanta Bank CorpNot mailing statements

I noticed that we have not received our last two statements in the mail from Advanta.. We alway pay our bill in full and carry no balance to avoide the insane 30% interest rates. I just got an email that our bill is past due and now we owe a $39 late fee and interest on the balance. How come the only piece of mail that cannot find our mailbox is our Advanta bill? Has anyone else had this problem? Is Advanta "forgetting" to mail our bills in order to rack up additional fees and interest? I went to their website to download our statement and, surpise, they are experience technical problems and connot generate a copy of my last statement. If Advanta is intentially not mailing out statements, is this grounds for a class action law suit?

Advanta Bank CorpCancelled Card While /Current

Received notice from these devious ### the week of May 22, 2009 that my card had been cancelled, as well as all Advanta Card Holders accounts had been cancelled.
      Can this be verified? The letter stated that Advanta Credit Cards were operated by a trust. Did they get a little scared by what O'bamy has in store for them. What does the street know that the typical "sucker" such as myself doesn't know. My account was current damnit, or I would have made these dirty ### chase me and spend some of that money in legal fees.
      My father always told me, "son don't let these kind of guys get you down, in the end they always get what's coming to them." I don't believe it anymore. My Dad was a died in the wool Democrat, and would have voted for a "Gorilla in a pin striped suit." Thank God he died a month before the election.

Advanta Bank CorpOutrageous rates, harassment, no cooperation

Thank you for your reply and for reversing the lat charge. The additional $42.00 has been sent through our online account to this account as usual. However, you did not address the other two items that I discussed in my first message. I want the billing date moved to the 10th of the month. This allows our company time to take care of some administration of our accounts and pay on time. A closing day at the end of the month is most inconvenient. Also, Please do not call me any more. All future communications will be written via email. So what about lowering the interest rate to something reasonable like about 7%? Can't you just get this handled without countless back and forth which is a very inefficient use of my time and yours. The prime rate is less than 2%. I would agree to something between 3% and 7%, but not a tick more. If this is not possible immediately, then close the account effective today and just bill me and I will pay down the balance at the initial rate you offered me when I opened the account. Please no more phone calls.

S. Harden Lemke
        General Manager
        Baby Girl Enterprises, LLC
        ------------------------------------------------Dear Sonia Harden,

Thank you for contacting us about the late fee that was assessed to your Advanta account.

Payments received any time after the due date indicated on your billing statement are late. We must receive all payments on or before your due date to avoid assessing a late fee.

As a courtesy to you we have waived this late fee. This amount should appear as a credit on your next billing statement.

Since the credit will not appear until your next billing statement, please do not deduct the credited amount from your minimum payment due on your current billing statement. If you deduct the fee from your current payment, your account will be past due and additional fees may be assessed.

Our records indicate a lower rate may be available for your account. If you would please contact our Customer Service Department at the toll-free number indicated below, we will be happy to review the Annual Percentage Rate for your account.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your business needs. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Center. You can visit us online 24 hours a day at www.advanta.com or call us toll free at [protected], Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time.

Mildred Q.
        Account Manager
        Advanta
        On Thu Mar 05 12:56:53 EST 2009, [protected]@yahoo.com wrote:
        > I have received the last few statements late, after the due date. You have charged me late fees and I want all the late fees charged to this account reversed! Also, since when is my interest rate gone up to 35.17%?!!! Have you people lost your minds? I opened this account because you offered me a reasonable low interest rate. Now you have hammered me with this ridiculous rate and I am not happy nor will I tolerate this abuse on your part. You will bring this rate down to prime plus 1 or I will close this account and I will also require you to recalculate the balance by a reduction of 60% any remaining balance to an interest rate of 7%. Since the majority of the balance is just accumulated interest that has been compounded over time. That is prime plus 3.
        > Another problem is that the most recent statement which I received states a minimum payment of $192.00 due by Mar 2, 2009. Now I am looking at my current statement online and it says that the minimum payment due on Mar 2, 2009 is $42.00. ???????????? Plus you charged me $39.00 late fee and I know that this account was paid on 26 Feb 2009!!! What the hell is going on in you accounting department??????? Your accounting practices are suspicious to say the least.
        > This action on your part as a bank is equal to shooting yourself in the foot.

I am not going to contact you collections department as they are in Bangladesh and it is impossible to get them to understand anything. Furthermore YOU have not answered my questions about the interest rate nor have they as they have called and harassed me at all hours of the day and night which is illegal in the United States and furthermore your accounting practices are suspect to begin with. I have paid you on time and even sent an extra payment and you are still clueless as to what is going on with my account. I have the confirmation from Wells Fargo Bank that you have been paid and furthermore you will issue me a written apology, drop the interest rate to Prime plus 1% a and drop the outstanding balance on this account by 60%. I will file a complaint against you with the SEC and the FBI regarding your shady business practices and harassment of customers. You have be stalling on your customer service and I have had it and I will publicize the fact that you treat your business customers like dirt even when they pay you!

Here is the proof!

Add sender to Contacts
        To:
        [protected]@YAHOO.COM

View:
        Click on link column headers to sort
        Send OnSorted Descending Amount Expected Delivery Reference # Payee Status Action
        03/09/2009 $50.00 03/11/2009 XBNBIHXU ADVANTA BANK COR Paid View/Inquire | History
        02/26/2009 $150.00 03/02/2009 4BCBUHWM ADVANTA BANK COR Paid View/Inquire | History
        02/26/2009 $125.00 03/02/2009 FBCBUHWM Cardmember Servi Paid View/Inquire | History
        01/29/2009 $125.00 02/02/2009 9BCBKH56 Cardmember Servi Cancelled View/Inquire | History
        01/29/2009 $125.00 02/02/2009 TB7BZH56 Cardmember Servi Paid View/Inquire | History
        01/27/2009 $150.00 01/29/2009 1BJBJH56 ADVANTA BANK COR Paid View/Inquire | History
        01/27/2009 $150.00 01/29/2009 DBCBKH56 ADVANTA BANK COR Cancelled View/Inquire | History

THis is the direct download from our Wells Fargo account. YOU need to check your books! DO NOT CALL ME again. I have had it with your company! Further more you keep changing the due date! But when I asked you to set the due date permanently on the 10th of the month you ignored my request which was more than reasonable not once but twice. What kind of Customer SERVICE? is that????? What a bloody [email protected] Pick a due date and leave it [protected]@!!

March 10, 2009
        Payment Sent *
        Payee Name Amount Date
        ADVANTA BANK COR $50.00 03/09/2009

Get this done or I will see to it that you are fired for lack of performance and insulting a customer! If you don't do what I ask I will start a CLASS ACTION against ADVANTA BANK and don't you think that I can't. If you are treating our company like this, I know that you are treating many other small businesses in the same manner. I will see to it that you get national publicity for your notorious and unscrupulous business practices. I will make it happen.

S. Harden
        Gen Mgr
        Baby Girl Enterprises, LLC

*Payments sent electronically may take up to three business days to be posted to your account at the payee, and payments sent by check may take up to five business days to be posted to your account.

If you have any questions about your Bill Pay service or need assistance, please sign on to Wells Fargo Online Banking and click "Contact Us" to send a secured email. If you prefer, you can call us anytime at [protected].

Sincerely,
        Wells Fargo
        Online Customer Service

Dear Sonia Harden,

Thank you for contacting Advanta regarding your account.

Please contact our Collections Department by calling [protected] and an account manager will review your account.

• dec4566 Mar 21, 2009

I am working with an attorney in NY who is working on legal action against Advanta. E-mail me at [protected]@msn.com if interested in participating.

Advanta Bank CorpLoan Shark Rates

Early in 2008 I elected to transfer my remaining business debt to Advanta at a rate of 3.99% for one year. The balance was $7250. I rarely used the card. My business was suffering as of late. Not unsual these days. I accepted seasonal work to offset the lack of sales. I was two days late (first time as a business owner with any creditor) because my paycheck arrived two days after the due date. I accepted the late fee and the fact I would lose the special rate despite my situation. I believe my statement increased to 7.99% or so. I could live with that. Then a month or so later, with no warning, my rate is at 35% sending my account in to the red! I contacted customer service and spoke with "management." Nothing. They periodically review each account and mine warranted this rate they said. Wow! Years of high credit cratings and diligence instantly eliminated! No remedy. No concern! As callous an institution as I've ever encountered.

I could not pay the outrageous minimum payment so I paid the previous minimum payment. Then the wolves began to phone me constantly. I explained the situation and they were belligerant. In fact, one call featured the Advanta rep raising his voice with me and exhibiting unprofessional conduct. I quit answering and now they leave a computerized message every morning. I now only pay $25/month. I've consulted my attorney and Advanta is completely out of line. I filed a complaint with the FTC but they don't regulate Advanta. In no way will I give in at this point. Even if it damages my credit rating. They've used that threat already. I don't like loan sharks. Especially ones cloaked in legal banking garb!

• Bo
              Bob Feb 13, 2009

Atta Boy Mat!! Advanta did the same to us. We're a small home business and at one time enjoyed dealing with them. I told them point blank that their new practices were a prime example of Usery. I hope they recorded that phone conversation for "Quality Service Purposes". We're moving away from them as fast as possible. Been with them for eight years. Had only two small glitches (one our fault, one theirs). They even doubled or line of credit. I sense there's smothing very wrong at Advanta Bank.

Advanta Bank Corp — Credit Card interest Rate

Increases in interest rates, started at 7.99% they slowly increase rates, than stating changes in credit...

Advanta Bank Corpaccount closed

I had an Advanta credit card (with cash back) for my small business . The balance was payed off in June of 2008. I did not use the card since then thinking that everything is ok. On Oct 13, 2008 I got a letter from them saying" As a normal part of our account management, we routinely review our accounts and evaluate the credit status of our cardholders. As a result of our review, we have closed your account effective immediately." They closed my account without even giving me the earned cash back on my acc. not to mention the balance was zero, I have very good credit, but now they decided to ruin it closing my account. I called and I asked for written statement with the specific reason of why they closed my acc. On Oct. 30, 2008 I got another letter stating:" We closed your account to new transactions effective 10/13/2008 as you requested." I never requested it! Every time I try to call and get an answer to all of this I get customer service in India. They can't help and have no clue what's going on anyway. I would like some help figure things out! Very frustating dealing with company, do not advise anybody getting a business card with them.

• Si
                sid000 Apr 27, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I paid my balance in full each month for the last 8 months and I think that's why they closed it - they weren't making any $$ !

I'm writing to Equifax and the Federal Trade Commission to complain.

Advanta Bank CorpUnethical Business Practices

I have had an account with Advanta for slightly over two years. I signed up under the intro rate of 2.99% (life of balance transfer) - I never charged anything on the card other than what I transferred to it initially. I have excellent credit and have NEVER been late on this card. In May of this year I made an electronic payment which was 'kicked back' three days later due to insufficient bank routing #. I called and the lady told me they had a 'system glitch' over the weekend (I made the payment on Friday) and not to worry she would fix this to where I wasn't late and wouldn't owe a late fee. "Great!", I thought to myself, and went on about my life. In October of this year my husband just happened to notice my statement and that the rate was a whopping 20.31% !! O -- M -- G!! I have never, ever paid anything remotely like that in my entire life! I called Advanta and expressed my disgust and told them that what they were doing was unethical and to reduce my rate! They declined. I was carrying a $7, 000.00 balance - Out of sheer disgust I found a way to pay the entire balance off by the next due date to avoid such unreasonable finance charges. I told them to CLOSE out my account and to kiss off, essentially. Here is where it gets GOOD. Listen to this CAREFULLY FOLKS... SO I paid the ENTIRE BALANCE OFF, IN FULL, LAST MONTH at the outrageous rate of 20.31%. I received a bill TODAY in the amount of $171.14 AT THE INTEREST RATE OF 37.18% !!! Are you *&##[email protected]# kidding me?? So, I called "Lana" who advised me that yes, they did increase the rate LAST MONTH and sent me a notice THAT I NEVER RECEIVED and told me I missed the "opt out" grace period. The reasons they gave for the increase were totally bogus. I have a 820 beacon score and have never charged anything on the card since I transferred the balance TWO YEARS AGO. This company is absolutely the WORST I have ever delt with. Attorneys, media, whoever, contact me. I can verify all of the above stated. To consumers - BEWARE! I don't know where to go from here, or even if all the reporting in the world (to various agencies) will make a difference but SOMETHING MUST BE DONE. I didn't even know a $38% interest rate EVEN EXISTED! The most I have ever paid on a credit card at any point in my life was 9%! They jacked my rate up after sabotaging a late payment and jacked it up again AFTER I closed the account! If I didn't have to pay off the $7, 000 balance I'd hire an attorney just out of principle! Paige Columbia, South Carolina

Charles Dec 02, 2008

This is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have a 795 credit score, never been late with any payments to anyone in 10 years. Advanta jacked my rate from 7.99 to 37.18%. I asked an Advanta supervisor if 37.18% was even legal and he told me they can charge up to 500%. What kind of people are we dealing with here? No wonder our country is in trouble. I canceled my card today and asked for a pay-off amount. I was at the post office 15 minutes later dropping the pay-off in the mail. I then called Senator B Boxer's office and asked when Congress is going to start looking out for the rest of us. Everyone should call their Senators and complain about these sorts of business practices going on at the same time they are bailing out these chumps.

Advanta Victim Dec 14, 2008

They are predators. Jacked my rate to 36% for absolutely no reason - no late or missed payments. Even after continuing to pay on time they refuse to lower the rate to something more reasonable.

Advanta Business Visa Card is a fraud - bait and switch. Their opt-out text was buried in absolutely tiny text and completely unclear. Also gave me less than 7 days to physically have in their hands! They laughed when I complained about this.

Advanta is a purely predatory company. Class action lawsuits will undoubtedly bury Advanta. I would prefer to see jail sentences for the criminals that perpetrated this at Advanta.

• Ta
                  takentothebank Dec 18, 2008

My company went under because of Advanta Bank and their predatory lending. Let me tell you they will call you on the phone every 3 mins. They threaten you with litigation. They will instantly report bad information on your personal credit report. Somehow they even got my cellular telephone number and started calling it every few minutes. If that was not bad enough they even sent me text messages! I feel as if I had taken a loan from the mob and someone may show up to break my legs. I too was dupped by their promise of 2.99% for life of loan and then they raised my interest rate to 37%. This bank is not only fraudulent but very scary!!! Stay away from these people. Someone should look into this bank.

NOADVANTA Mar 20, 2009

I had never heard of Advanta and didn't know anything about them until they solicited my business with a preapproved offer. I opened a business credit card with them a little over two years ago. I WISH I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW! All of the above has happened, & is presently happening to me. I sent them an on line payment from a bank account that had a line of credit attached to it, and for some reason, they could not access it and therefore considered the payment late and raised my interest rate to almost 30%. I too had a credit score over 700 but now, that's long gone. I asked them to lower my rate, since I had made the payment in good faith and on time, yet they refused. From the very beginning of this incident they have treated me like a felon. They closed the account and I had been making monthly payments, until last month when I finally had to close my retail store and had no income. I've been struggling to even make my mortgage payment, but like the other person said, they call you every 3 minutes. They have called as early as 7am on a Sunday morning, which was when I both reported them to the FTC and learned that the FTC doesn't do anything to help. I read on the FTC's web site that if you request in writting that they stop calling you, they are supposed to stop calling you. I asked for the appropriate address to send a letter to and got hung up on twice. Everytime I speak to one of their representatives named John Smith in India, I tell them I lost my business, have no income and nothing is going to change in the next 2 hours so stop calling me. I think that they think I'm just holding out on them and if they harrass me enough I will give it to them just to make them go away. Now I just got a letter saying my payment is greater than 12 days past due, all in bold, red, capital letters. And everything they are going to do to me if I don't pay up. You'd think I was Bernie Madoff! These people are worse than loan sharks. Don't deal with them!

• Nu
                  NutraVine Sep 03, 2009

This is the worst credit card company I have ever done business with! After 10 years and never having been late with one single payment, they sent me a letter in May and said that they were closing ALL small business accounts, jacked up my interest rate from 7.99% to 17.00%, and doubled the size of my payments. I have called in vain, always getting someone in India who can't speak English, and the debt settlement companies say that there is nothing that they can do about this company. They should be investigated by the SEC and put out of business. Their president and founder makes flattering statements about helping small businesses but that is a joke! I think I will personally send him the entire credit card bill, and ask for one of those grants that he hands out right and left! These people are trying to ruin my company!

Adele Helen Mar 18, 2010

The love of money is the root of all evil!
                  Advanta Credit Cards, turns into greedy money Letcher! UNJUST ADVANTA!
                  I had this business loan since 1909, I borrowed 10, 000, and I paid the payment all these years on time not just minimum but above minimum, I paid off some and borrowed again, and paid off again, at 2.99%. Now, I owe around 4, 600. I have never been late on this card or any other card for 5-6 years.
                  I have had some serious financial difficulties lately, in the last year and a half when all the banks and mortgage institutions were going out of business. I had to close my small business that was just starting. I still paid my debts on time monthly.
                  Last month, I accidentally missed the payment. I was very ill with a virus because of a cold front here in FL. and I accidentally forgot Advanta. I pay half the bills on the 4 and 5 and the other half of the bills on the 15 and 16, well, I accidentally forgot Advanta. The money was in my account, but I did not realize that I had not yet paid it on the 22nd I was at peace because in my mind all my credit cards where paid. When the bills are due on the 18 or 22 of the month, I pay them ahead around the 16th every month along with the other credit card bills I have.
                  A lady called me from Advanta and she said I did not pay my bill, I said yes I did, because I always pay it! Anyway, I checked, and I did miss it! I immediately paid it with her. She told me they would waive the late fee, and assured me that my promotion rate for the life of the loan would not be touched, because I had a perfect record. I felt relief, but that was short lived, because I get a letter from them and now the rate is 34.99% . Now my payment is doubled. Where will I get the money to pay this?
                  THIS IS UNJUST! They ruin your credit, when you have been trying to build it for years.
                  I called customer service, I get INDIA, these people do not care the least about our problems, and they go home with a paycheck now, while we Americans have no money to pay our bills, because the credit card company is milking us to pay them. They have all the money, because they pay Indians nothing to work, with our money they pay the Indians nothing much, and Advanta makes a good profit, with these enormous IRates%. This bank has plenty of money. If we make one mistake, they are glad because now they have the right to rob you under some unethical law! The banks rob us, and plunge knives in our backs, to take away the little we now have.
                  Now foreigners have more money than Americans do, and little by little, Americas are going down the drain in recession! Right now, there are more and more homeless people and middle class people, who are going to food banks for a bag of canned goods. While in India, and other places they laugh at us idiots! Americans are taking the bread out of Americans mouth to feed foreigners, and their foreign GODS and idols, while Christians are destitute, IS THIS NOT THE WORK OF THE DEVIL? WHO COMES TO KILL STEAL AND DESTROY?
                  THIS ADVANTA while giving a good rate, and pretending to care, and to help has turned into a company that slays its own customers without any mercy.
                  I do not know how I will manage because now all my money goes to my debt and I have nothing left, when I am done.
                  RICH people do not suffer in a recession they get richer, because they usurp more from the poor!

Meanwhile muslems, hindus, their gods and idols of insanity, will permeate the world, and America. They go to bed with their lives in good shape, and we go to bed with no future in this country. Because we give them our jobs and our money. Moslems are trying to take over England and America too, and so are the hindus, etc.
                  All of their false god's are already well accepted here, in our colleges and everywhere, being taught to our duped children. I care about people, but not their unethical, ungodly practices of idolatry and worship! America because of this, and all of its other ungodly practices will go down, that is GOD'S LAW. Those who choose death will reap death. THE TRUE GOD is angry!

WE NEED TO WAKE UP AND DO WHAT IS NEEDED FOR OUR OWN, AMERICANS, AND GO BACK TO THE BIBLE AND BIBLE ETHICS AND MORALS, FOR THE JEWS AND FOR THE GENTILES, we do not need their idols and their false gods! We have abandoned THE TRUE GOD and HIS equity, morals, and commandments, and have turned to idols, false gods, foreigners, immorality, and unethical practices in business, in all of American society it is without moral and without dignity! All you have to do is turn on the TV to see Americans morals sex, violence, adultery immorality, divorce, disrespect, greed, avarice, contempt, etc and no one cares as we real as a drunkard in our stupor!
                  I had to explain myself to some Indian s from India about my problem with Advanta, as if I was this clueless idiot, and they were laughing at my problem.
                  When a man takes a gun and shoots his wife and 7-year-old twin’s boys in the head BOCA NEWS 3/10 because he committed mortgage fraud, and then wants to murder his mother, and himself, because he does not know how his family will survive, and no one cares, this is a sick society!
                  Where sex, ongoing abortions, aids, sex slaves, same sex marriage, and child pornography and all kinds of vices go on daily, with no one is saying or doing anything to stop these atrocities!
                  India was poverty people, stricken from following their false gods and beliefs. So are the moslems except for the oil, a good GOD has given them. We want to do what they do and practice what they practice, this is stupidity because they are heathen. We let them come here to practice their practices and we embrace them, and that is why THE TRUE GOD has turned us upside down, and we have nothing but financial recession, and debt in this country, because this country America has abandoned The TRUE FAITH. The Christian and The Jewish faith of our ONE GOD!
                  To go after their idolatry and to take care of these heathens, while we take it from our children!! I TELL you GOD will not be mocked!
                  Advanta with its usury will never succeed because GOD forbids it! Do not lend and then abuse the borrower! One of GOD'S Laws! GOD will punish those who break HIS LAWS! READ, The Old Testament to see how GOD punishes HIS disobedient children, when they will not listen to HIS LAWS. We all must fight for The Jewish and Christian faith to prevail in America! These businesses, which practice unethical practices, must cease or destruction will happen! The jobs must be for Americans, our children, and us and we must obey THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. We Americas must obey GOD'S WORD, THE BIBLE, and stop agreeing with sinners, and their sins! THE WAGES OD SIN IS DEATH, that is a law, whether we like it or not! Advanta's practices in business are sinful, when they take advantage of people's livelihood! There is no equity in a 34.99 % IRATE!
                  What kind of politicians let the American people, be ripped off, by bad business and bad ethics!
                  Greedy politicians who are corrupt! Adele, Think about it.

• Ga
                  Gavin Gauddard Jan 03, 2018

@Adele Helen Heathenism is a thing. It denotes followers of the old pre-xtian ways of northern europe. These were the ways and gods of those with northern european ancestry. They are still practiced. Christianity is a religion that makes slaves and week minded men of every society it infects. We heathens, and many pagans seek not to spread or evangelize our faith, because our ways are the natural ways of our folk. Ways that mirror nature, not a meglomaniacal and jealous beings singlemindedness.

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

After years with Advanta Bank and having to continually call and complain about sudden rate increases into the 20's, which they always reduced after I challenged them back down to the teens, they finally made my rape permanent when they jumped me from 11% to 30%. It was just two months previous that I accepted a 7.9% balance transfer and then they lower the boom when the balance is so high that there is no way one can pay it off.

When I called to challenge them the only excuse that they offered me, since I was always on time and usually paid extra on my account, was that it was permitted in their agreement and it was perfectly legal.

Now how is that for customer service.

• Po
                  postmanjm Jun 03, 2016

THERE SHOULD BE A NATIONAL EMAIL CAMPAIGN TO CANCELL ALL CREDIT CARDS AND BOYCOTT ADVANTA. THEY ARE CROOKS .
                  THEY DID THE SAME TO ME FROM 6.99 &7.99% JUMPED TO 36.99%. CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID SORRY, NO ADJUSTMENT, WE CAN DO THIS, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE HAHAHAHAHAHA .THE SAD PART IS THAT THE GOVERNMENT ALLOWS THIS TO CONTINUE. ALSO WRITE TO SENATORS AND CONGRESSMANE

Advanta Bank Corp — Overcharged

With no warning... and after 10 years of never having a missed payment and having never even made a late...

Advanta Bank Corpproblem with online payment system

iI have always paid advanta bank corp, ontime 10 to 14days before payments are due, and now al l of a sudden they are saying they didnt recieve my online payments threw there system, i just found out about it, i am hoping i have saved a copy of the payment process to my laptop so i can file a law suite against them, thats if they make it through these tough times, but i find that so strange they would play tricks like that, now my default rate is 30%, i will pay of my balance of 8k and just leave the card open, there are no annual fees, but when the acconomy gets better, then they will come begging for my bzzz, but the crappy thing about it is they sent a negitive report to dun&brad, that sucks, so ill just do what i can and make sure from now on i keep a copy of all online payments, making sure even though, i think they are proccessing, just make certain they do, i dont know what else i can do that would make a difference at this piont.

• De
                    Dennis Alter Nov 16, 2008

My name is Dennis Alter and I am the CEO of Advanta.

If you don't like the rate then pay off the card. We don't need your business. I think it's funny that you can't understand the fine print. We send you an offer at 5.99 and then raise your rate to 35% after you take the deal. If you don't pay I'll ruin your credit and sue you. I'll garnish your wages and laugh in your face.

Even if Advanta goes bankrupt I'm set for life.

Wo cares about you. You don't have any money and I'm rich.

Dennis

• Oc
                    Occent Merchant Services Dec 22, 2010

Hi dennis you are a little [censor] [censor] you. I sale real merchant services, you are nothing but a [censor]. HOW DARE YOU SAY THINGS LIKE THAT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS, YOU ARE A LOWLIFE JERK! and guess what, Im rich too even if i file bk, BUT I DONT TREAT MY CLIENTS LIKE [censor] AND I DONT HIDE EXPENSES FROM THEM. IF ANYONE NEEDS A REAL MERCHANT SERVICE PROVIDER, LOOK UP (OCCENT MERCHANT SERVICES) and you will be treated with respect...

Charles Erlanger Mar 12, 2011

I kept trying to pay my Advanta credit card bill and it would come up with "problem with web site security system certificate". How is one then able to pay online on the date it is due. I have been paying all my bills with them on line.

Advanta Bank CorpAPR hike

I have a business credit card with Advanta Bank Corp and have been in perfect standing with them for over 9 years. I pay my bill on time and have never gone over the limit. I just went online to pay this month's bill and was shocked to discover it had gone from 12.49% from last month's APR to 30.08%. I immediately called in, thinking this was a huge mistake on their part. I was told by the representative and then a supervisor that in reviewing my account history and credit, my rate was adjusted. I told them that I have a long and flawless history with them and that my credit is excellent and that I have zero balances with all of my other credit cards. The supervisor then told me that he can't give me a reason as to why the APR had gone sky-high, but that it was also a reflection of the economy. I told him I was given no warning of this rate hike and that Advanta can't just do this to families across the nation. I asked if he could refund some of the $1, 000 in interest charged for this month alone, but he only offered to refund $200 of it- far from the difference in the rate hike. I told him I'd be paying off my entire balance in full right now and would never use my card again. I haven't yet gotten my statement in the mail- I usually pay online before it arrives. I just paid my account in full today, but I assume that many Americans will be getting their statements in the mail in the coming days this month and the same thing will have happened to them. This is a pretty serious situation that will truly hurt a lot of honest, hardworking people. I filed a report on a website called /link removed/ and this site today, but I don't know what else to do. Other people are posting the same thing.

• Be
                      B E Sep 17, 2008

THIS EXACT THING happened to me just today.
                      I went online to check my balance and payment info, and my miniumum jumped to twice the normal amount. My account is in good standing, and is on AUTO PAY, and the rate jumped from a 16.99 business rate to 36%!!!
                      I immediately called in, and the call center representative told me EXACTLY what the previous post says. They had reviewed my account and arbitrarily changed by APR. She offered to lower it to 30%, and said a supervisor could call me back.
                      Still no word. TOTALLY unethical. Not sure what I can do!

john Nov 10, 2008

Today is 11/10/08. I experienced the same damn thing on a biz acct that went from 13 - 36%. We need to file a class action lawsuit asap. This is criminal.

• Mo
                      monica Nov 16, 2008

I AM GOING TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB TODAY! I WILL BE ANOTHER ALONG WITH MANY. MINE JUMPED TO 35%, I JUST CONTACTED MY OTHER CARDS, AND PAID THIS OFF. DIDNT WANT TO DO IT THAT WAY, BUT LOAN SHARK RATES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE... STAY AWAY FROM ADVANTA!!!

Advanta Bank CorpCredit card fraud

I am in the process of filing a Federal complaint against Advanta Credit Card company for consumer complaint, failing to comply with Regulation Z and the Fair Credit and Billing Act.

For more details, please see http://www.understandingfinancials.com/advanta%20complaint.htm

Nov. 2007 I applied for a credit card from Advanta with a zero interest rate for 12 months.

Dec 2007 I paid my bill in full and on time for $276; $90 paid Dec 7th and $186 paid Dec 18th. I made the payment thru BofA BillPay who has confirmed the payment was made.

Jan 2008 I received a notice from Advanta that $90 was overdue. Apparently the $90 paid on Dec 7th was not applied to my Dec bill. However I had no bill due in November so to which bill was my Dec 7th $90 payment applied? I contacted customer representatives who refused to acknowledge that the payment had been made. They refused to tell me to what bill the payment was applied. My bank records clearly state that I paid Advanta $90 on Dec 7th and $186 on Dec 18th. So what is the problem ... Advanta refused to acknowledge the payment was made in full and on time! The Dec 7th $90 payment was never applied to any bill but was absorbed by their billing software. This is the payment Advanta alleges is overdue when in fact it was payment to the Dec 2007 payment due (paid in a timely manner).

You would think sending Advanta a copy of bank receipts of these payments would have solved the issue. But this is not in Advanta's best interests. Manufacturing late fees and increasing the promised Zero percent interest to 29.99% is in their interests and doing so by whatever means necessary. Hang the law and put the requirement on the customer to prove the payments were made. Advanta Ms. Mindie Emmertson, Account Specialist, BBB liaison, simply refused to address the issue in 2 letters (sent by return receipt and received). Convenient for them temporarily. I'm just building my stack of well documented evidence.

I've received multiple weekly calls in the last six months including 11+ just today in a 4 hour period - May 28th, 2008. This just confirms that Advanta employees are completely ignorant of the laws under which they are obligated to conform for the privilege of acting as a Bank under FDIC regulation. I will subpoena the entire list of all calls, including transcripts and voice versions, made to my home as evidence of abuse. The ignorance of the law demonstrated by customer service making 11 harassing phone calls in 4 hours was similar to the customer service identifying a payment made in full and on time as overdue. As a result in my request for restitution I will request that all Advanta employees undergo training in all the federal laws that apply to Advanta because it is absolutely apparent that they have not been properly trained. The arrogance with which the Advanta employees act gives me reason to believe the law breaking is purposeful. 11 harassing phone calls in 4 hours is substantial evidence to support this premise amounting to $1000 in punitive damages.

I sent a certified letter to Advanta requesting they stop phoning my home. I received their signature that they received my letter.

On June 9, 2008, my home received (2) additional phone calls from Advanta in violation of the law requiring them to 1) stop phoning my home on written request 2) stop the harassing phone calls which the 2 calls in 1 day amounted to. This second incident of harassing phone calls requires that additional $1000 punitive damages should be imposed upon Advanta.

The overdue charge, which was for a $90 payment that had actually been made in full and on time, triggered late fees and increased my interest rate from 0 to 29.99%.

In Feb 2008 I provided my bank records of payment made to Advanta. They answered my letter with nonsense and never acknowledged my bank records showing the payments were paid in full and on time. It was apparent they had no intention of addressing the issue of my bank records because then they would have had to acknowledge that the payments were in fact paid on time. It was very apparent to me that Advanta customer service representatives were not incompetent but were actively engaged in the illegal conduct of the company, that is manufacturing late fees to increase interest rates.

I contacted the FTC (Fair Credit Billing Act), FDIC (Regulation Z), BBB, and locally the Nevada Attorney General's office.

The FDIC added my complaint to the list of issues to be reviewed during their next audit of Advanta.

The Utah BBB added my complaint to their list of 240 complaints against this company.

I am in the process of writing a Federal Complaint against Advanta Bank Corp which will be posted online late May or early June 2008.

Jason Jul 01, 2008

Good Luck! I wish you much success. I have a business card with Advanta, according to their terms though "I agreed to accept calls at my home." So, 40 calls in the last 10 days, (is not considered excessive, (I have a signed letter from them stating this." (they said "we can call you as much as we want."

Advanta Victim Dec 14, 2008

Advanta Business Visa Card is a pure predator play. They jacked my rates to 36% with no late or missing payments. Their opt-out text was buried in tiny text and not clearly marked - it also gave me less than one week to physically have back in their hands. They laughed when I complained about this.

Advanta is a predator! They are not long for this world. Class action are undoubtedly going to bury Advanta.

• Ha
                        Harrassed by Advanta Aug 19, 2009

I'm having the same issue with Advanta, and I've applied this temporary fix:
                        1. Create a contact on your cell phone for Advanta.
                        2. Give Advanta your cell phone number and if you receive a call you don't recognize, don't answer it.
                        3. Look up the phone number using Google. Usually, the first search result will tell you who is calling from the number.
                        4. Add the number to your Advanta contact and set the ring tone to a silent or use a silent recording.

They keep calling, but at least is doesn't disrupt me. I've also faxed them a letter requesting a debt validation letter which they need to provide to you by law. Additionally, I requested postal mail correspondence only, and to not call my cell phone.

• Be