Wix.com / beware of wix selling & false advertising practices

1 Kissimmee, FL, United States Review updated:

Beware of wix selling & false advertising practices:

When you subscribe to their yearly unlimited premium plan, their website says that you get 2 free premium apps which are site booster and form builder.

I only used the site booster and I was just charged a total of $9.90 for 2 months of service ($4.95 monthly service charge).

Nowhere in their advertisement says that there will be a monthly charge at all for the service and that is why it says you get it for free with your subscription.

This is clearly, false advertisement!

As of now I have cancelled my subscription for the site booster so I won't get charge again.

When I called customer service about this was told that you only get a credit for the first month of service. Again, nowhere that is mentioned.

They issued me a credit for this charge.

I wished that I haven't paid in full up front as is required for the year for the yearly subscription for their service.

As of now is "wasted" money since I can not get a refund for it and is paid until it expires for the yearly service.

As of now I am looking for another company to design my website with and won't be using wix anymore.

I also haven't finished designing my website completely yet.

Wix.com

Ma
Mar 23, 2016

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2016

23rd of Mar, 2016

Stay away from this company.

• De
      11th of Dec, 2018

I started a website with wix.com. I had started my website before I had paid for a plan so when my website was active I could start advertising immediately. Well, it did not work out that way. In the Unlimited plan I had purchased (screenshot added), it states a free domain for 1 year, and connecting the domain comes with the plain because it is in the list of things that are with the plan along with a $300 ads voucher that I had not received either. I had tried to contact Wix by email stating I had not received my domain or the $300 ads voucher. I had received an email from support by the name of Einard. This person had told me that I had to pay for the domain and sent me a youtube video showing how to "Buy" a domain. The domain was on the list of the purchase plan and as stated " Free Domain For 1 year". This is fraud. I had replied back stating I had tried everything to get my domain and I shouldn't have to pay for it again when it came with the plan as listed. No reply was sent back to me. I had tried calling Wix 2 times and no answer. 12 hrs later I get an email for a support rep named Paige stating the Domain is free and I had to pay for the connection of the domain, and is only applied with a 1 year purchase. but the domain, and connection of the domain is in the detailed list of the monthly plan. The agreement set forth on the website states: Get a free domain for one year with any Premium plan. After the free year of the domain has expired, you will be charged regular month charges. This is another attempted fraud. The connection of the domain comes with the plan too as listed. I had tried to correct the problem and sent screen shots of their false advertising and attempted fraud, Today, i received an email from a support rep named Chris stating I had to pay for the domain and sent me the same email Einard sent me.