Wine Enthusiast / Bad customer service

We ordered a Eurocave 500 at the beginning of November. Was not told it was a 2 piece cooler and it is pictured as one. When Home Direct (a whole other problem) finally delivered them - one of the doors was messed up. Emailed and called about the problem. they were very nice on the phone - I emailed a picture to describe the problem. No response. No response. Finally had my husband call supervisor. Amazingly, new door on order within a day. Again, when Home Direct finally got around to delivering it - it was a different style than the other one. So, our one piece (actually 2) now has two different style doors. Have emailed and called several times since 12/27 and have gotten NO response.

Va

Comments

• J
      5th of Sep, 2008

On 8/9/08 I purchased a Capri Wine Cellar Item D. 232 72 26 via phone with a representative who was very pleasant and eager to work with my husband and I. She had stated someone would call and set up a time for delivery. I unfortunately was lulled into a false sense of security that this company would be interested in the satisfaction of its customers. We received notification via phone message on Thursday the 14th at 1630 that our cellar would be delivered the next day between 1430 and 1630. Of course, with such a short notice and the fact that both my husband and I work in medical settings we were not able to be present for delivery. I call the delivery company, Plycon Transportation Group and spoke with Leo to reschedule, I informed him that I was available all day on Mondays, but otherwise I worked from 0730 to 1930 the remainder of the week. Leo scheduled the appointment for Monday August 18th from 1330-1530. I called Leo on Monday at 1100 to see if the window was going to be closer to 1300 or 1500 and he informed me that they had to go to Cleveland and were not going to be delivering. No call to my home phone or voice mail was ever completed. I would have been at home waiting and wasting my time as I had scheduled several other appointments around the delivery of the cellar. Leo asked for my availability on Tuesday. I reiterated again, that I worked from 0730 to 1930 at least. Leo stated that he would accommodate me and make the delivery on Tuesday August 19th after 1900. I left work early without completing my day's work and arrived home in time for the delivery. At home, I had received a message at around 1730 stating they would not be delivering the product again. Again I called Leo, who again asked for my availability on Wednesday August 20th. At this point, I reiterated that I worked from 0730 to 1930 and that I would NOT be at home if they could not guarantee that the delivery would happen on that date. Leo promised that they would be there. At this point, I feeling quite frustrated and feeling as if my time was being abused called the customer care line. The time was 1800 EST. I looked the number up from the catalog that I had received in the mail that day or the day prior.

Inside of cover:

"IMPECCABLE CUSTOMER CARE
    Your Satisfaction Is Guranteed. If you're not 100% happy with your purchase, call us any time, 24/7. We'll make it right. We're not satisfied until you're satisfied."
    The heading stated on page 22:
    "CUSTOMER SERVICE
    We are not satisfied until you're satisfied. If you or your gift recipient are not 100% happy with an item, call 800.648.6058 or email us at custserv@wineenthusiast.net. Our Customer Care Team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you. For help on technical matters related to your wine storage units, call between the hours of 9 A.M. and 6 P.M., Monday through Friday, ET, and ask to speak to a product expert."

I called the Customer Care line and received a recorded message stating they were closed. I called back and spoke with a sales representative who told me that the Customer Care Team was only available 9-6. I informed her of the statement directly from the catalog and she said that meant was only for sales. I asked her to take a message which from my end of the phone sounded like she typed into a computer system. She stated someone would call the next day. I did NOT receive a phone call. I called the next day during a meeting time while at work to make sure I talked to a Customer Care Team member who stated that she had NOT received any message nor had any idea where to look for a message. I retold my story to which she said, "The comply has 2 weeks to deliver and is in the time period" " They are supposed to deliver it tonight" or "Ma'am I do not know what you want me to do" instead of offering any solutions. I certainly did not feel heard or nothing was done to make me feel whole. I finally stated that I needed to speak with someone in a position to assist me and could she have the person call me. Again, she asked I don't know what we can do for you or what you want. I finally just stated, I have paid 465 dollars for shipping and delivery up 6 stairs and I do not feel like paying for this poor service, my time is valuable. I gave my cell phone as well as home phone number information. Again, NO phone call the next day from the manager.

I did receive delivery of my cellar on Wednesday August 20. They said they would be there at 1930, and I was there at 1855 and they were there early at 1857. The company that delivered did gently complain that they had to wait in Cincinnati from 1300 and I told the deliverymen, yes I understood, but it was not my fault but the dispatch who put us both in a bad position. The company did deliver the cellar with ease, with care for our home and cleaned up all excess.

Recommended Remediation:

1) The relationship with the shipping company should be explored as you do not want this to happen to any of your other customers.
    2) I would like to be reimbursed for my time/breach of contracted delivery time.
    3) The Customer Care Team information needs to be correct in your catalog as it is absolutely false and misleading to customers.

If the shipping issue was in isolation, I may have purchased products from you again, but with the poor customer service I am not as willing nor will I recommend this company to my or my husband's colleagues who enjoy wine.

They sent me coupon cards for money off buying things from them... ha!

• Br
      4th of Mar, 2009

Agree -- having issues with extremely poor customer service for a different Eurocave unit purchased 5 weeks ago.

• A0
      24th of Jun, 2009

I am surprised, been shoping with them for years and every time I have a problem it fixed ASAP.

• Bi
      19th of Dec, 2014

I purchased a 28 bottle cooler from the closeout store, only because it matched my other 28 bottle cooler and it was no longer being offered in the front line store. It was listed as a scratch and dent but I could live with that. When the cooler arrived it had been repacked from it's original carton so poorly that the door was knocked off of the hinges. The top hinge had been bent upwards enough to let the door come loose. The carton had been very poorly packed with shards of Styrofoam, probably from other cartons lying around. I took off the hinge and straightened it so I could put the door on. Next I was starting to put the handle on the door when I realized the screws were not in the carton. After a trip to Home Depot to buy screws, luckily I had taken one off of the door on my other cooler because they are metric threads so I was able to use their thread sizer I came home to find that the keys to the unit also were missing from the carton. When I sent an E-mail to Wine Enthusiast to let them know about my experience what did I hear from them? nothing, nada, zilch, zip. Why am I writing this review? only to vent, I'm pretty sure they don't care.