Windstream / terrible service

Madison, OH, United States Review updated:
This ones hard to believe, I came home from work to find a large box left OUTSIDE my Condominium.
It has my name on it and no other label than a UPS sticker.
I open it to find a HP Computer and Monitor.
I right away call my credit card companies to find out if anyone charged a computer to my accounts and noone had.
I call UPS and they tell me WINDSTREAM sent it to me.
I contact Windstream who show NO computer charged to my account so i tell them I have a computer and they need to please come and get it it was obviously a mistake.
AFTER 1 1/2 WEEKS I recieve UPS return labels with this big box sitting in my living room while i am trying to prepair to move to a new home.
UPS informs me I HAVE TO PAY to have it picked up wich i deny and will not do.
I contact Windstream again and spend the morning on hold at variouse departments to finally get a Customer service SUPERVISOR who informs me If i do not pay for pick up or deliver it to a UPS center i will be charged for it and then hangs up on me.
Now mind you I am trying to return a computer i could have kept that they had no record with them having sent me.
I cannot believe the level of confusion and the terrible service i recieved trying to do the right thing, If i had this much trouble
trying to help them correct thier own mistake you can bet I would never use thier services again.
At

Comments

Ke
  18th of May, 2009
I have had Windstream as an local and long distance carrier for over 3 years. I got rid of our long distance service about a year ago. I was told that basic service would be no more that 20$ per month...but that was not true. Each month I get my bill it would have a different amount due to fees that I was not aware of prior to changing my service. In Feb 2009 we were getting our home ready to sell and I called to see if I could schedule a shut-off. I was told that I could and they took down the date and I was good.

Unfortunately, in May 2009 I received a bill stating that they had continued my service through the end of April. So basically they charged my all of March and April. I called to get this taken care of and spoke to the rudest representatives who stated that I did not call to cut my service off. Is that good customer service to right off the back tell someone what they did not do? I got upset with that and asked for a supervisor...they could not connect me with one.

I spoke with another rep and he said any time Windstream makes a change to your account they are to provide you with a confirmation number. I have never been provided with a confirmation number over the years I had my service. Not one time has one been given to me for whatever reason. So since I was stupid not to just know I needed one before the rep hung up I have to pay for almost 2 months of phone service that I was not even there to use...all because the rep helping me did not make note of my request or give me confirmation of it.
Re
  17th of Aug, 2015
First off their automated system stinks. Everytime I have a problem with my business bundle I have to go through their automated system which NEVER recognizes my phone number EVER! So it tries to put me into a loop of entering my phone number which it can't associate with my account.

Second you would think with a business you could get work requested or done on a weekend which happens to be my busiest time frame. Nope no help, nothing except and automated ticket which ALWAYS is going to take a minimum of two days. Totally unacceptable for a business.

Third once service is supposedly completed you may not be and the ticket will get closed out and the problem will still exsist.

For a tech company very poorly managed. This is my seventh issue with this company or their service in four years. Stay away if you have any other options.

By the way I have been on hold for 18+ minutes at this time and have written this complaint during the time I have been on hold. So so typical!!

Windstream Communications Logo Windstream Communications