Windstream / misleading sales

1 Jamestown, NY, United States Review updated:

Through a phone call solicitation from a Buffalo area office, I agreed to the $49.99 internet/phone lock-in service plus $9.99 for an additional line. I was clearly promised that the first month of the special would be free and that my first phone bill would reflect an instant $50 rebate and a mail-in $50 rebate for the wireless modem.
Then I got my phone bill for $214. The location responsible for the order denied the free months service and the instant rebate was offered. I am clear it was offered as I wrote it down and reiterated it to the salesperson. I'm now told that if I cancel within 30 days, I will not be charged the $49.99, but all else sticks. Also, beware as they do not warn you that there will be surcharges, fees and taxes added on to the quoted price, which for me will be about $18 more.

Comments

• Wi
      12th of Feb, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com