Windham Professionals / Unauthorized Debit of $5,000 To My Account

1 380 Main StreetSalem, NH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-969-0059

Today, I signed on to my on-line bank account to check my balance and discovered a debit to my account of $5, ooo. This debit was made by Windham Professionals out of New Hampshire, MS. It's true, I do have a unpaid tuition in the amount is $508.00 in which I made arrangements on 9/4/09 to pay $50.00 per month until it's paid off. Needless to say, I was completely shocked and rather pissed off to say the least. I immediately called my bank, BofA, to dispute the charges, (which to me, why BofA would pay a $5, 000 electronic charge made by someone completely foriegn to my account is beyond belief) and was informed that based on this debit being an electronic one, would take up to 10 business days to re-capture my money.

My BofA rep. called the bank out of Mass. and got in touch with a person who knew of Windham Professionals, very well, in fact, and was able to give me the phone number and contact information of this company. I called the number and was put in touch with the very person, Jessica Cowley, who's name was on the transaction on my on-line statement. She immediantly transfered me to Mark Mchale, he has apparently worked for this company for 10 years and actually, was very helpful.

It turns out that Jessica Cowley debited the wrong account, not following their company procedures, and credited the wrong account in the amount of $5, 000 taken directly from my account. So, today is 9/9/09 and based on Mark Mchale's promise, I should be receiving a check in the amount of $5, 000 by 10:30am tomorrow via Fed Ex. This has put a huge burden on me as I now have 8 items that were paid by my bank, each one creating a negative balance, all being charged to me at a fee of $35.00 each, not to mention, my house payment is also out for payment and since my bank account is at a negative balance, it will be returned.

My reason for this complaint is to "vent" and to ask why our government would allow such companies to continue doing business under such "unprofessional" practices for people who are trying to make their lives better and therefore, improve our country's economical standing.

What do you think? I would welcome anyones advice and/or opinion on this company and what one might do to take a stance on securing ones privacy and changing the way re-payment unpaid tuition/defaulted are handeled by this company? (I am since paying off the small balance and vowing to "never" deal with such an "unprofessional" company again, in my life.

Regards,

C.F.

Comments

• Ac
      7th of Nov, 2009

so youre saying a person made a mistake and the company immedaitely made a resolution to fix it, and thats wrong?
    i take it you have never made a mistake...besides not paying your debts of course.
    if you contact the company they will paythe overdraft charges. pr they can send BofA a letter stating they withdrew the money erroneosly in which case boa should remove the charges anyway.

• Ac
      7th of Nov, 2009

by the way, you complain about helping the economy, but then again you say you owed 508 bucks but made a payment paln for 50 bucks a months when you had over 5k in the bank? now whos screwing the government and the taxpayers?

4th of Dec, 2009

I am dealing with this company right now as well. We agreed to do payments. THey were to take out 300 on 11/7, 11/21 and 12/7. They took out 600 on 11/7, when i called she said oh i messed up putting it in the comp and so you can go to your bank and have them fax a paper over. I told them, its not my fault, you screwed it up. I told them not to take any more money out and that i would call in a payment. They still proceeded to take another 300 on 11/21. I called to complain last weekend and they said they would refund the 600 and it would take up to 48 hours - that was 7 days ago. I called tonite to complain again and was told someone else was handling my case and that they werent in so i could leave a message, she also said if i dont hear back by monday (this is friday) that i can call and talk to her supervisor. I asked to talk to one now and she said they were all out of the office. I told her that this is fraud - as they didnt have authorization to take money out anymore. My account is negative and i cant pay any of my other bills right now - she claims she understands but they dont give a ###.

• Af
      1st of Feb, 2010

It might interest some of you to know that Windham Professionals has been harassing me with phone calls for the past several days. They are after someone for a $25, 000 student loan who has the same name as me.

Here's the problem. I am not that person. I have never had a student loan in my life. On top of that I am a Canadian and they are calling and harassing me in Canada. They demand my "social" whatever the heck that is. Threats and intimidation and I am not even the person they are looking for.

They call themselves "Professionals"? Professionals at WHAT? Does that include calling up people out of the blue who have nothing to do with their situation just because you have the same name?

When I phone them to try and find out what's going on here, they hang up on me.

Quite a country you have there, America ... the land of the free - free to harass citizens of other countries for no good reason. Free to threaten, harass and intimidate - all in the name of trying to GET MONEY.

• Pu
      1st of Apr, 2014

It will not accept my attachment!!!