Willis Orchards/ Windmill Palm Tree / Dead Windmill Palm Tree

1 5590 Hwy 133 SouthMoultrie, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-586-6283

I bought a 6 foot tall windmill palm tree 14 months ago from Willis Orchard CO to plant next to my heated swimming pool in southern Michigan. I had done some research about palm trees before even calling Willis so I feel like I knew the right questions to ask. My winters are not terribly cold but they are extremely wet; I explained to the woman on the phone I am willing to do whatever is necessary to keep my investment alive- $500.00 plus Fed-Ex Freight charges, like another $275.00, is a lot of money to me! She assured me that I needed to do absolutely nothing but watch and enjoy it during my winter, but if the palm tree did not survive, their "Friendly Guarantee" would replace it. Well, needless to say, here we are in 2010 and I still do not have a living windmill palm tree. The woman I talked to, whose voice I recognize, but whose name I do not know, denies that she is the one who told me my tree would live and now they say I should have covered my Windmill Palm Tree. I hope this is happening to enough people that our voice will be heard by the Attorney General in Georgia.

Comments

• Tr
      2nd of Apr, 2011

yeah why u buy one do really think that a palm tree can grow in michigan in the zones windmill palm trees grow in zones 6 to 11 michigan is in zone five u said did research NO dont blame willis orchards i bought a windmill and i live in southern ohio and it grows fine at least i did research

• Di
      15th of Apr, 2011

The blueberry/grape never took to life. Willis orchard said send it back and we will replace it, but your one year warranty will not be extended. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I never will again. Like I told them screw me once and your done.

9th of May, 2012

I have bought windmill palm trees from Willis-Orchards before and they are doing fine. Following the instructions to prepare them for winter is important that's why they are given. I live in Rockford Illinois and the winter weather here is about the same as it is in Michigan.

I have also purchased Needle palms and they too are fine. The instructions for them did not require covering during winter.

James H. Millhouse of Rockford