WildBlue Communications, Inc.

Posted:

Poor service and false advertising

I started service with WildBlue Communications, Inc. March 23 2006, went down 1st time 3/28 for 1 hour. Has went down 22 times since that I can document for hours. I was told by installer I would lose signal much less than my Dish TV I have lost TV signal 3 times since March for a total of 15 minutes. When you call tech support be prepared for a long wait and hangups. Then they will run the same tests every time with usually a excuse of weather problems (their end). Load times began to equal my 55k dialup speeds in June. Had a sevice call in 8/2/06 (went down 2 times after he left after doing repair). Had modem and dish replaced 8/8/06. Did not help speed or reliability.

I have asked 3 time to released from remaining 4 month contract. There answer was no!!!! Do not go with WILDBLUE RIPOFF. I have contacted BBB, my Attorney General, and Senators form Arkansas. My Mastercard will not stop withdraws from my account, even if I cancel the card. SAVE YOURSELF THE AGONY, NO WILDBLUE!

Don S.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications

Comments

A  13th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I have had WB for 11 months and the service has been usable for only 5 out of the 11 months. There are constant outages and slow downs. After 11/17/06 wildblue did a system wide change to there service, putting ping times from the 600 to 700 range to 1100 to 3000 range. I have 30 to 50 percent Packet loss on all my data, time outs on web page loads, and secure sites such as our bank, will take 3 to 4 minutes to load IF they do at all. Waiting times for customer support of over an hour, is not uncommon. They have changed the way they measure the amount of data you receive and send again, so it adds up to your monthly limit faster. After a year of hearing it will get better after they put up WB1 satellite ( It went up on 12/08/06) they now say they will not allow customers to change over when it becomes operational. Wildblue is by far, the worst company I have ever dealt with. I'm sorry I ever installed there service! Any other ISP or Satellite company would serve you better.
A  4th of Jan, 2007 by    0 Votes
Wow! Where to start?
Living in a rural area the only service available was dial-up so when i heard of wildblue i naturally jumped to subscribe. The initial installation went great and the installer was very helpful but the service was slow. The tests indicated we were getting the 1.5mb service we were paying for but the actual operation was barely faster than dial-up. Wildblue asked me to work with them and they sent the installers back out to check the set-up but found nothing wrong. By this time i am past the 30-day refund period and am stuck with the system.
I must say that the wildblue customer service is pretty much non-existent.
The service went out and after calling numerous times i finally got through to tech on the 4th day of calling. I even used their website chat for tech with no reply. It is very frustrating to have to pay $80.00 per month with service no faster than dial-up, not to mention the initial $400.00 equipment purchase price. After 6 days with no service, not even the dial up back up service i have paid for each month, a service tech came out and had to install a new part on the satellite dish. Service was restored but still no faster than it had been. I have found that the speed is much greater at 2:00am since most people are asleep at that time. This leads me to believe they have oversold their satellite capacity causing the system to be extremely slow.
I have sent several e-mails to wildblue since you can never seem to get through to their customer service personnel but have not gotten any response.
In short it seems that once they get you past the thirty day refund point you are ignored.
If there are any class action suits pending or organizing i would definitely consider joining.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree