Wide Open West / 200 dollars taken from my bank account without authorization

1 Chicago, IL, United States

My 1st mistake was ordering Wide Open West. After seeing how terrible the cable and service was I had to immediately cancel. Well, they ended up billing me 250 dollars for 2 days of service. I called and complained and they said I had to pay for the installation and they charged me for the month. That is only the beginning. After many talks with cosumer service and the billing department. They told me that they can't do anything for me. A week later I see that 200 dollars was taken out of my bank account from WOW without my authorization. So, again I call and they tell me that they forgot to pick up the Modem and that once I return it I will get my 200 dollars refunded. OK, so I went ahead and returned the Modem only for them to tell me that they are not giving me my 200 dollars back until I pay the 250 dollar bill, lol. The girl I was speaking with, was being nice, but wouldn't do anything for me. I then told her if I could speak to her supervisor or anybody above her and she told me that she was the manager and the highest in command. And right after that I heard somobody whispering to her on what to tell me, just so I can get off the line. I hung up and filed a complaint with the BBB.

I'm writing here, to show everyone how manipulative Wide Open West can be, and how terrible their service is.