White Plains Honda / Dishonest sales process-bait & switch

White Plains Honda
344 Central Avenue
Whie Plains
The dealership advertised a leasing special for a Honda Pilot EX-L. I called the dealership and spoke to a sales person who I asked to break out the cost exactly and to the penny for the downpayment and monthly payment, including all taxes and fees. He did so and the terms were consistent with the dealer's ad. I called back shortly just to confirm before going to the dealership to lease the car. When I got there, I was handed to another sales person, who graciously spent time with my wife and daughter for a test drive. However, when it was time to sign the paperwork, the new sales person told me the other had made a $1000 mistake. I asked to see the sales manager, who then tried to convince me to go with another deal. We left immediately as it was apparent the sales manager could not be trusted. I am determined never to do business with White Plains Honda as they are clearly an unscrupulous car dealer.

A  9th of Dec, 2009 by
I just went in last night to sign some paperwork for a new CR-V and left empty-handed.

When my husband and I first went over the weekend, we were told we could purchase a 2010 Honda CR-V, EXL edition from them for $26, 500. They tried to get us to close the deal that day but we weren't prepared to walk away with a new car at that time. We also wanted them to work on the price of the trade-in vehicle. We spoke with the salesman Monday night and he said he could work on the trade in-value and we agreed to come in last night (to close the deal). When we went last night he advised us that the car that was available at that price on Saturday was sold earlier that day and they could offer us the same car for $28k or $29k. We were completely dumbfounded as to how the price for the same vehicle could be jacked up a few grand over a few days. He asked us what he could do to get us in that vehicle and we told him that he knew what would have to happen. He went over to "talk to his manager" and came back and said he could offer us a civic for that price. We laughed and left.

I intend to write a letter to the President to try to purchase the vehicle at the price that was offered on Saturday and if my request is denied I intend to file a formal complaint with the BBB.
A  23rd of Aug, 2010 by
I am currently leasing a 2009 accord from WP Honda. My first complaint is the fact that the dealership never grounded my trade in car. I was previously leasing a 2006 accord. They got me out of that lease early and would pay the remaining payments, which is fine, until the end of the 06 lease! I started receiving letters from Honda financial looking for my 06 car! I was a bit surprised how can Honda not know that I turned my car in? I explained to Honda financial that I no longer have the 06 accord it was turned in at WP Honda over a year ago! They told me that I have to deal with the dealership regarding that matter! Needless to say month went by back n forth on the phone with the dealership and being harassed by Honda Financial who is now sending me DEFAULT notices an extra payment was generated because WP Honda made me wait over a month to write a simple letter stating that THEY have my 06 car!

My 2nd complaint is with my 09 lease, I was suckered into purchasing a Honda Care servuce package, extra $20 a month. It was explained to me that if I ever change my mind I can cancel this contract at any time.. Well I find out that's not true! You have to keep paying the extra $20.00 a month until the end of the lease and they take the amount of money you spend on this package and it goes to the value of the car at the end of the lease. Basically what that means is I'm out the $260 difference! The dealership tells me 2 stories! One guy tells me my payments get reduced if I cancel and another guy tells me I get a check at the end of the lease. Both which are not true!!! I have this dealership! I wouldn't advice anyone to go to white plains Honda!!!