Wheel Works / Put my life in Danger

1 18522 Prospect Rd, Saratoga Saratoga, CA, United States Review updated:

I gave my Chrysler, Town and Country van to Wheel Works at 18522 Prospect Rd, Saratoga, CA for repairs on June 8, 2013. The problem was that the coolant leaked when the AC was running. The car was in perfect driveable condition and I had no problems driving it with or without the AC.
In the evening of June 8, 2013, I was told the car had been repaired and I could pick it up. After I made the payment, I drove the car off about 1-2 blocks onto Lawrence Expressway, I noticed that the Heating signal went off. The car was over heating to a complete 100% of heat. The gas gauge was completely full, I was in the middle of an Expressway and about 2-3 minutes driving distance from Wheel Works – a 5 minute walk. I immediately called Wheel Works and the call was answered by Marcello. I explained my predicament to him and asked him if he could send someone down to help me navigate the car back to the Wheel Works Repair Shop since I was just a few minutes away. Marcello seemed completely unconcerned that he had given me a defective car or that I was stuck in the middle of the road. He point blank refused to help – he claimed he had no one in the shop. He suggested I run the heater and drive the car back. My frantic pleas fell on deaf ears.

Now whether I heated the car or drove it without heating it over heated immediately. I had to drive the car about 2-3 miles since there was no ‘U’ Turn in close proximity. I constantly stopped the car in the middle of fast moving traffic and was afraid that either I would be hit by someone or the car would catch fire. If a wheel works mechanic could have helped me – I would have been able to navigate much more easily. It was very clear to me, at this point that the Wheel Works had not tested the car before giving it to us. I believe they did not also do a pressure test that they had claimed. They just replaced a pipe (which my husband had identified in the morning) without diagnosing the problem.
Once I managed to return to Wheel Works, I received no apology. Marcelo could not have a more callous attitude. He just did not care.
1) They did not test the car before returning it to me. They put me in unnecessary danger.
2) Marcelo had a completely don’t care attitude. He just did not care!!
I have honestly NEVER come across a person who was so unconcerned!!
3) There were several workers – ‘Aria’, ‘Hanh’ and about 3 more roaming around the shop, while Marcelo lied to me.
4) He continued to take orders from new customers on the phone while claiming that he had no workers.
5) He did not apologize for any of this.
I am truly shocked by this experience at Wheel Works – and am extremely pained by my experience.

Sh
Jun 9, 2013

Comments

• Bs
      11th of Jun, 2013

Hello,

This is Tom from the Wheel Works Corporate Offices. We have recieved your concerns at our Corporate Offices and a formal case has been created. As I have previously stated to you, the district will be in contact with you within 48 hours to help resolve your concerns. I apologize for your unfortunate experience and look forward to helping make things right.

-Tom
    social@bfrc.com

• Yv
      18th of Aug, 2016

I too have had my life put in danger through wheel works. I got all four tires replaced two years ago (29, 000 miles ago). I paid $980 for them. They put the wrong size tire on my 2012 Chrysler 300s and it began shuddering when braking. I took it back to the Livermore, CA store and was told that it was not due to tires. Wrong! I paid for an alignment which also wasn't done and my driver side tire became bald quickly. I went to another store because I do not trust wheel works, and all four tires we faulty and breaking apart. See photos. I could have been killed! I hope corporate calls me so I can give them a piece of my mind and that they put my life and my children's life in danger!!!

Yvette Sunseri