Westinghouse digital electronics / Illusion of warranty

1 12150 Mora DriveSanta Fe Springs, CA, United States Review updated:

This is the worst customer service ever. I received a refurb TV from an online retailer, guess what it comes without an antenna socket, so I send it in under the "3-month" warranty right away to Westinghouse. First surprise took 2 weeks to send an RMA, and then they dont pay for shipping.

So I bite the bullet and ship it from TX to CA with UPS and nice packaging and all. They received it on 04-03-2008 and today is 05-19-2008 and no word on the TV. Here is my ordeal, I call in once a week to check on progress, the worst ###s sit and answer your questions, first 4 weeks i was told by different reps that yes sir we have your TV and its still being processed, it should be out soon. 4 weeks later a more sensible rep takes my UPS tracking # and then what does he find out, well they have received the TV but haven't processed it, i.e., its collecting dust in the warehouse if they still have it. Then he puts an elevated request, to get fast reply, two weeks later and multiple talks with supervisors, the answer is still the same, we dont know whats going on but its not processed yet, its as if the TV has disappeared in some mysterious black hole, never to reappear.

Needless to say this is my last product from them, if any one knows where i can file a formal complaint against this company, I may have lost my heard earned student $$ but I am going to make sure that they will not get away with this cr*p!

Va

Comments

• To
      4th of Jun, 2008

I have exactly the same experience going on right now. They received my 37" LCD TV on March 19th (Blue LCD went bad) and for months they couldn't tell me why I didn't receive a replacement. They have no way to communicate with the warehouse and no way for me to speak to a manager. Then I finally receieved the RMA replacement TV on JUNE 3rd!!! Plugged in the replacement and it's worse than the one I sent in. It has dark patches all over the screen and is bascially unwatchable. At this point, I'm calling my lawyer and filing a claim against them.

They are THE WORST customer service I've ever seen...and I've seen many bad ones that's for sure.

• Bo
      5th of Jun, 2008

I filed a law suit against them in small claims court and I got my money back.