Wescom Credit Union / Damaged my credit

1 P.O Box 7058, Pasadena CA 91109Los Angeles, CA, United States

I have had a domnant checking account and personal line of credit with Wescom. I have not used it in several years. Today I was notified by a credit card company that my line of credit was being dramitically reduced due to a delinquancy reported to TransUnion. I contacted Wescom and learned that a few months ago, they had started charging $5/month to have a checking account. They say that they notified me by letter at an old address. (I had not updated my address because I was not using this account.) As charges accumulated, they transferred the balance to my personal line of credit and when I didn't pay on it, they reported a delinquancy to TransUnion. They say they tried to contact me by phone, but did not use my e-mail address to contact me because the people handling this were not allowed to send e-mail messages to customers - only top management is allowed to use e-mail address to contact customers. My e-mail address is current with them, so they could have reached me that way if they had used it. Now they have damaged my credit and it will take 6-8 weeks for them to correct the report with TransUnion. It seems like nothing more than MASSIVE GREED to start charging someone a service charge on a dormant account and to not use all methods available to notify a customer that there is a problem with the account.