Wells Fargo Auto Finance / unauthorized bank withdraw, deny refund

2501 Seaport DriveChester, PA, United States Review updated:
My horror started on Jan. 7, 2008 when one of Wells Fargo Auto Finance Customer Serv. Reps. called to collect Jan. payment. I do understand my payment was late but it was only days late not months. This wonderful customer service rep. took it upon herself to set up an electronic debit from my checking account on Jan. 18, 2008. This was not approved and when we received the confirmation letter of electronic debit I was very surprise since my husband went to the bank on Jan. 17, 2008 and paid cash for our Jan. payment. We called the 800# on Saturday and they stated they could not do anything until it was taken from the bank. They told us to send a letter from our bank that states the withdraw and they would overnight a check. On Tuesday Jan. 22 that was done and my life crashed. The funds were withdrawn the 800# continue to state the same thing and nothing no return phone calls or money returned. My account is at a negative and have no money for my son's Asthma medication, food, or gas. I have lost my mind over this matter, no one will return our phone calls. It has been nine days and I have had to call in at work because my son still does not have his medication. I cannot pay for my weekly daycare fees since my whole payroll check was taken by the bank for NSF's. Everyone keep apologizing but that does no good I need my money back to pay for my son's medication. I have called everyday and faxed letters everyday and still not response. Wells Fargo has disappointed me and I am back on my depression pills and ulcer medication all due to this error they have done to me and my family. I cannot believe a company would treat their customers like this. I can only put my problems in the Lords hand and continue to pray it will get resolved before it is too late.
Va

Comments

Je
  30th of Jan, 2008
I cant beleive them, let tell you something they missed up my acct. back in november where they deposited a postdated ck on the wrong date & they still havent fixed it, they dont care i feel so bad b/c i understand how you feel my husnabd & i went through a semi similiar acct. w/ our bank "bank of america" another crappy company... we had no money ill rent was late we didnt have enough money for necessities i also needed to get medication for a important treatment that im going though i was beyond stress & now im so stressed w/ wells fargo i havent only not gotten my refund back for my overdrawn acct. they are trying to pin thier ins. on me when im already insured... good luck hun...
Am
  28th of Feb, 2008
Wells Fargo Auto Finance is a rip off! They don't care about the customer only themselves! IF you look at the Better Business Bureau it shows all of the complaints people have with them! They are a nightmare and that was the worst time in my families life was dealing with them! I tell everyone I know NEVER get any type of loan through WELLS FARGO they only see $$$ signs! I feel your pain and I wish you the best we lost so much money with that company that we finally refinanced with another company, it was the best move we could have ever made...
Ro
  28th of May, 2008
I called Wells Fargo Auto Finance on 5/27/08 and authorized a payment to be debited from my account on 6/6/08. I checked my bank account this morning to discover they withdrew it on 5/27/08. I called them as soon as they opened in the morning and was told it was stated that they were to debit my payment on 6/6/08 but it was an honest mistake mam. Pfft. They then gave me a fax number to fax my bank statement to (which was busy for 4 hours) so I called back and asked for another fax number. They said they would credit all my NSF fees, but could not credit the payment back into my checking account. I also bank with Wells Fargo. My car will be paid off in 5 months and I am currently switching all my banking to another bank. This was just the tip of the iceburg in dealing with Wells Fargo.
Gl
  17th of Sep, 2008
I paid a car payment over the week-end (and yes it was late) I put in the amount ($370.00)that I wanted to pay and what bank account I wanted it to come out of. I then decided to pay more on the payment because, I know I was late so, I went back in and was going to make a payment for another $40.00 but, it stated it had to be between $50.00 to $500.00 so I paid $50.00 this time I was paying from another bank account. When I checked my bank account on Tuesday Wells Fargo had taken "all" of the money from the bank I was using for the $50.00 and not the bank for $370.00. Needless, to say the larger amount of money was in the one they didn''t take out of. When I called them and told them they had taken the money out of the wrong account they said it was my fault, I told them why would I pay from an accoutn that didn't have the money? I also told them that I had recieved two different conformation numbers us to how I had paid them both. They still stated it was my fault. I know what I did they lied! I ended up with 4 overdrafts because of their mixup not mine. They think we as customer are stupid!!!

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo