Webloyalty.com / Fraud

I'm not sure if this officially counts as a scam but I thought people should know about his. A company called Webloyalty.com apparently provides discounts to online shoppers. After making an online purchase at many reputable websites, a screen pops up that says that if you click on it you can get $10 off on your next purchase on that website. This happened to me. I didn't know, however, that just by clicking on that ad, you give webloyalty.com, at the very least, your credit card number and I think your address and possibly more. They have been charging me $9 a month ever since. For me, the charges show up as "WLI*SHOPPER DISCOUNT", but in my research I have found that it shows up differently for other people but seems to always start with "WLI*". These charges have been going on for a while and I have only just now figured out what is going on. I have emailed webloyalty.com in an attempt to get my money back and get them to stop charging me. That was earlier today so no results yet. I don't know if what they are doing is legal, but if it is, it really shouldn't be.

More Webloyalty.com Complaints & Reviews

Plus Webloyalty.com - uncertain fund took from my credit card [1]

N  8th of Jul, 2009 by
Hi Garold:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-889-8776. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at consumeraffairs@shopperdiscountsandrewards.com. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Consumer Affairs