Weaver Gas / Bad experience

We discontinue with Weaver Gas and when they came to pick up their propane tank, they also disconnect our regulator which attach to our house as well as the regulator attach to our generator without giving us notice so we can make arrangement for the other company to attach another regulator to our house and generator.

We were without gas to cook and without heat throughout the house until we contact the other gas company to find out what happen.

We find the Weaver Gas company should have some kind of regulation or law that inform us that they are disconnecting the regulator from our house and from our generator. They did not even apologize to us for our inconvenience.

Va

Comments

• Ez
      18th of May, 2008

I had a similiar experience with Weaver Gas. We were a customer with Wever Gas for over ten years. On my way to work one morning ( I work in the City), I had contacted the Weaver Company to set up a delivery and was told I am not schedule for one at this time. The person we spoke to was rude, told me not to interupt her, argumentative and belligerent. At this point, I asked to speak to the manager and for his telephone nmber for which I was told, there is no one here. Since my wife was with me at the time, I asked that she contact Weaver and speak with them. She did and the next operator was more insultive. She was informed that an elderly person was at the home during the week and we have to maintain heat. Debbie informed my wife that this is not her concern and if I wanted a delivery, I would need to pay some ridiculous amount of monies, and if we want an immediate delivery it would cost more; or we would have to wait until the dispacther pulled our ticket. She went on to state that she is not able to provide the manger's name or telephone number and maybe he would call her back after listeneing to the prior operator's statement. This is the first time that we have experience any thing negative from Weaver for which we were told the company was sold over a year ago but continued to keep the Weaver name.
    Weaver Gas was notified on April 23, 2008 that their services are no longer needed and that they should pick up their tank and reimburse me for the twenty five percent unused gas. After three weeks I had contacted weaver Gas in reference to my refund and was told that they were looking into it. On may 15th I got a statement from Weaver gas that they are charging me $16.49 for late charges on a payment that was made over a month ago. I am still waiting for my refund of unused gas. I am still researching for information as to who the new owners are of this ridiculous company.

• We
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Yes, sadly this company is not the same one I had the pleasure of dealing with in earlier years. They are espousing a Christian sales pitch but I do not think Jesus would rip people off. Nor do I think He would be rude on the phone and condone price gouging, etc. Time to move on to another company...

• Sc
      12th of Sep, 2010

We had a Weaver rep named Bob come out to the house to see about moving our tank to the side of the house instead of near our main entrance. Contractors were working on the house at the time and had temporarily moved the tank to put up new siding. They had noticed a leak between the tank and regulator and pointed this out to Bob when he came out. He began making disparaging comments about the contractors and accused them of damaging the connection between the regulator and the tank. Bob took the regulator and plugged the tank, leaving us without gas to cook with. I asked if someone could be sent out that day. He said it wasn't possible but that he would line up someone when he got back to the office. He was also supposed to provide us with a quote for moving the tank and running the line inside the basement. We didn't hear back the next day (a Friday going into a weekend). My wife called and asked when someone would be out to connect the tank. He haughtily said they had a schedule and wouldn't give her a date. He showed complete disregard for the fact that we would be without gas for cooking for an indefinite period.
    We told them to pick up their tank. They said there would be a 15% restocking fee on the gas in the tank which had recently been filled.
    Unbelievably poor customer relations. And yes, after their actions the Christian message on the back of their business cards really rankles.