Comments

23rd of Nov, 2006

Try 1-800-475-1942. not 457. it works and make sure they cancel however many supposed accounts you might have. I had 2.....though i NEVER signed up for any!!! Good Luck.
    -Christie P.

• Ad
      12th of Jan, 2007

I just received a 16.95 charge from this company. Did anybody find out how they got the account information?

• Tr
      22nd of Mar, 2007

I also had $16.95 a month charged to my account. After to talking to my credit card customer service I figured out what happened.

My mother from TV "My little reminder" which they over charged for. Explore USA shares the same order line with the reminder company. Some how they got access to our check card/ checking information.

Explore USA is suppose to send claim papers for us to recoup 3 months of charges. Beware of TV products!

• Vi
      24th of Sep, 2007

Apparently I've been charged TWO years for this thing that I've never even heard of.....This is absolutely ridiculous and I have no idea how they even got my information. This company needs to be shut down as soon as possible. It is a total scam and these people are so unethical. It is literally like stealing money out of our pockets.

• Ju
      31st of Oct, 2007

I just saw 1 years worth of charges twice a month I called and canceled it and they are supposed to send a claim form to get full credit.

They said we signed up for it when possibly we purchased something else online??? Sounds like it is a real scam!!!

I don't even know what the company provides!

1st of Nov, 2007

For the past year a company by the name of explore USA and value plus has been debiting my account each for 16.95. A total of 420 dollars has been stolen from my account. The 1 800 number that I called was the cancellation center. That was the number posted on my account next to the charges. The lady that I spoke with slightly informed me that this has happened more times than she'd like to talk about.

• Ta
      19th of Nov, 2007

Ive tried the number above and it is disconnected..both numbers. I have been charged by this company for 2 years also. Has anyone actually gotten in touch with them and if so, what is the number??? Please help.

• Ta
      19th of Nov, 2007

Never mind.. I got it to work. Thanks.

• Mi
      3rd of Dec, 2007
    WC Explore USA MBR - Unauthorized charges!
    WC Explore
    9703 Forest Hollow
    Baytown
    Texas
    Phone: 281-383-7662

I noticed I have had the $16.95 charge debited from my account by WC Explore USA for the past 4 months. I called the 1-800 number to investigate. They told me I had signed up for this program but could not give me the details of such a registry. Sure looks like a fraud to me.

24th of Dec, 2007

We also had a $16.95 from a WC Explore USA MBR. I called the 800 number listed on my statement and they claimed I "might have" signed up for their services while trying to buy a TV online. I let them know I have NOT bought a TV online NOR ever signed for their services. They claim to be a discount Travel Company. So when they said the TV purchase I asked what did TV's have to do with Travel?? I also found 3 other complaints about this company online while trying to locate their "website". Which per google, does NOT exist! This charge has also been going on for 4 months. I asked for a reimbursement and the man claimed I should receive a form with 7 - 10 days to fill out for my reimbursement. Only after calling them things between Fraud and Hackers! On-line shoppers and bill payers BEWARE!

• Sl
      26th of Dec, 2007
    WC Explore USA MB - Unauthorized charge!
    WC Explore USA MB

A charge of $16.95 was debited from my account. I never authorized this "purchase". Completely fraudulent charge! I filed a dispute with my bank and a complaint to the Texas State Attorney General's office for consumer fraud.

• Br
      20th of Jan, 2008

You are not the only one with this issue, please check out:

• Lu
      26th of Feb, 2008

I WAS ALSO CHARGED $16.95

BE AWARE THIS IS A SCAM.... YOU MAY HAVE PURCHASED SOMETHING TRHU THE INTERNET FROM A CHEAP COMPANY ADVERTISING A PRODUCT ON TV AND THEY GAVE AWAY YOUR INFORMATION PROBABLY FOR MONEY OR MAYBE IS THE SAME CHAIN OF COMPANIES THAT GET ADDITIONAL MONEY FOR THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL THRU THIS SUPPOSED TO BE MEMBERSHIP SERVICES FROM EXPLORE USA. THEY EVEN GOT MY E-MAIL AND SENT ME THIS NOTE:

This is to inform you that as of 26-Feb-08 your EXPLORE USA membership has been cancelled. As you discussed with our customer service representative, there will be no future charges to your credit card.

Also, we are issuing you the refund you requested. Your refund will be posted to the credit card used for your membership purchase. Because most credit card issuers take up to two billing cycles to post refunds, you will see your refund on one of your next two credit card statements.

For your convenience, we have provided the following link to check the status of your membership refund:

www.memberstatus.com - you will need your member number to log on.

Regards,

Membership Services

If you do not see a refund in your next two credit card statements,
    please call 1-800-475-1942 immediately.

"SOLUTION...CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY IMMEDIATELY AND HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD BLOCKED. GO TO THE BANK FILE A DISPUTE AND BRING COPIES OF EVERYTHING YOU CAN GET FROM THESE THIEVES FROM THE NET, E-MAILS AND EVEN SCREEN PRINTS.
    THE BANK WILL IMMEDIATELY ISSUE ANOTHER NUMBER FOR YOUR CARD.
    CHE OTHER CREDIT CARDS YOU MAY HAVE AS WEL
    GOOD LUCK....

• Fe
      3rd of Mar, 2008

I have no Idea who these people are and I just looked them up and saw this page and Now IM PISSED!!! I just called the co. and asked them what they provided and they told me they were just the cancellation dept. I asked for someone above them they said they had no other #'s but would cancel it, and send out a claim from there consumer dept. I asked for that # they said they didn't have it. hmmmm can we say run around.

11th of Mar, 2008

I was checking my account today and noticed a charge for $16.95 from explore usa. When I called they said I failed to cancel during the trial membership that I have no memory of EVER signing up for. Thank god I noticed it after only the one charge and they cancelled the membership and will credit me back the $16.95. This company is extremely unethical!

30th of Mar, 2008

I HAVE RECIEVED THE SAME BILL ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR 16.95 WITH THE SAME PHONE NUMBER475-1942 HOW DO I GET RID OF THESE PEOPLE FROM CHARGING ME IF I CAN'T GET AHOLD OF THEM. WHO ARE THEY DOES ANYONE KNOW, OR WHAT WEB SITE DID THEY GET MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER FROM. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME JONI IN INDIANA.

30th of Mar, 2008

I just called my credit card company and they are sending me a new card with papers for me to fill out on fraud charges to these people 475-1942 and will not be charging me for the 16.95 so if i were everone else i would do the same now. Joni in indiana.

• Br
      3rd of Apr, 2008

I have also experienced a similar situation as many of you regarding the 16.95 charge. Because of all the information shared on this site I might be able to get some of money back.

My question is this- Is the particular operation legitamate? What is the next step a consumer should take in filing an official complaint regarding this company?

• Li
      1st of May, 2008
    WC Explore USA Mem - charges to credit card unauthorized

I just learned that I was being charged since October of 2006!! That's 2 years of unauthorized charges to my credit card. I called the phone number and they are sending out an envelope to credit the amounts - so don't be afraid to ask for a refund of your money!!

• Be
      15th of Jun, 2008
    WC Explore USA Mem - charges to credit card unauthorized
    WC Explore USA Mem
    Minnesota
    Phone: 800-475-1942

WC Explore USA Mem charged by credit card for some kind of subscription that I didn't order. Charges were unauthorized & I have filed a dispute.