Wachovia Dealer ServicesRepo/filed reort on my insurance

1 Review updated:

I was late on my payment and spoke with a (Jennifer) from the collection dept. from Wachovia. I was told that they could not accept a check because of a previous returned check from me and that I would have to pay be Western Union.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Decatur, GAI went to make a payment at Western Union and I call them to let them know that I was making the payment and they took an extra payment from my checking account anyway after they told me that they could not use my account anymore. The next month I paid them a paymnet to get caught up and two weeks after the payment, they repo my car, but wait it gets better. After they repo my car, they tried to do a claim with my insurance company without me knowing for damage to my car when there was no damages at all. My insurance company called me and ask me did I authorized this and I told them no so my insurance company denied the claim.

Comments

• La
      Jul 28, 2009

Same thing just happened to me. Did a voluntary repo, then 7 days later my car insurance company calls; saying that Wachovia is making a claim on my car that there is a lot of damage! NOT TRUE. My insurance company is now looking further into it... I have not seen the car since it left my posession, if there is damage it would have been from the repo company or at auction... Just in case I will scan through pictures to get proof. I would recommend people take pictures or video tape the repo... I am shocked that they went to my insurance company without even contacting me!