Vivitar / Not acknowlegding complaints

1 Oxnrad, CA, United States

I was brought as a gift in 07 a Vivicam 5340s digi camera over here in England, which has been a life saver since I had a terrible accident in 03, which has left me out of work and was unable to afford my 35mm slides that I had been using for 20yrs. So this little camera was great, terrific photos, straight onto TV or PC and print off just the ones required, which was a great saving. You can guess what happened next, 2 months out of warranty and it packs up big time. All I was getting was bleached out shots except when using flash, now thats gone, the camera has now shut down with the lens in the open position. So as I've seen on here many times, I've tried to make many contacts with no reply. Even over in England I've had no reply, I've even tried writing to the Managing Director of Vivitar... nothing and when the company your trying to make contact with is in another country its almost impossible to get the right details for complaints, so if both countries do not reply what else does one do, I refuse to phone as that can become costly as Ive found out to my cost.I'm beginning to wonder if there is a Vivitar as we know it. I'm slowly running out of idears and patience.