Visions of The World / Time share resale

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Vision of the world is UK company took my money $ 450.00 upfront as advertising and marketing fees and then nothing heard from them, they were aggressive to get credit card details rather that listening what the owner wants to sell. After getting the money they did not bother to respond to my emails. They use a dummy and static website which it has ARDA, CRDA, RDO, FTNC... logos etc claiming they accredited by those organisations but all of those things are false. They claim to have an office in Florida, guarantee to sell within 6 to 8 weeks, an many more promises. Watch this company !! I wrote to CRDA, RDO and FTNC about them.

Dh

Comments

• Vi
      16th of Mar, 2010

I have read your comments above and I world have to disagree with all of them. Firstly let me introduce myself, I am Jason Clowrey and I am the managing director of Visions of the World and we have been established for more than 11 years. We charge a small fee for the advertising and marketing of a timeshare property on our website. The choice to use our company is entire up to you the client and if you decide to use our services we will ask for payment by credit card. I would like the name of the consultant that dealt with you, however I do not believe that any of my staff are aggressive on the phone, and if I had been spoke to in an aggressive manner I would not have handed my card details over. Once you have entered into our marketing program all emails have to be sent to sellers@visionsoftheworld.co.uk for any on going issues or queries. If you have used that email please can you give me the time and day so that I can look into this for you and try and find out why you had no response. Our website is our main tool for marketing properties for sale and is definitely not a dummy or static website. Many thousands of customers browse our website http://www.visionsoftheworld.com each month and our ongoing investment is huge, with design changes, SEO development and back end updating. We as a company also invest many thousands of pounds towards PPC campaigns with Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. We are the only timeshare resale company in the World to be accredited by RDO, ARDA, CRDA and FNTC who are leaders in timeshare associations and trustee companies. I find it strange that you say this when anyone who is dealing with us can check this information with each of these companies, and they will confirm that we are accredited. We have a registered company in Florida, Visions of the World LLC that has been registered for just 1 year. The registered office is the address that we provide on the website, however we do not make representation that we have an office that is staffed in anyway shape or form. We have a Toll Free and International number on our website for the convenience of our customers from around the Worldwide community that we deal with. We DO NOT make any representation on the length of time that it will to sell your property, as you would know this would be a crazy guess and we have not been established for so long on the basis of guessing. Further more if you have contacted the RDO, ARDA, CRDA and FNTC they is a process and these companies will go through and they will contact us for clarification of your issues.

I would suggest that if you give me a call personally to discuss your issues you may have with my company, and I would hope that we can come to some amicable conclusion.

I look forward to speaking with you in due course regarding the way forward to resolving this matter.

Kind Regards

Mr Jason Clowrey
    Managing Director
    Visions of the World Ltd

17th of Mar, 2010

Many thanks for this long explanasions, I'm sure I copied you on one of my last email complaining about this situation and you did not bother to respond. ( I kept a copy of this email if you are interested ). The second thing which is more important, up to this momement I did not see any action done from your side except writing this email response. There is no advert on your (static) web of my unit and I asked a copy of other links to show what your company did after getting the money from me. Ther is nothing at all to proof that vision of the world did somethign after knock out the money.

After few days I got another mail from your staff (Kristy) asking me to pay more of St. 99.00 if I need to have better services. Again it is all virtual services or flase services and I do not beleive you did some thing up to this moment, so all facts were reported to RDO with all supported documents. According to RDO rules, there should not be a upfront fees for selling until sales closing stage when you get the buyer.

As matter of fact, you have my cell phone number and my all details, you should promptly calling me to find out after I sent my email and not to wait for this compalint. To close this case I would urgue to send the money back...there is no added value from vision of the world company.

17th of Mar, 2010

I will look into your issues outlined above to see if there is any substance to your claims. I will respond within a few days. Your quote regarding the RDO rules is again not true and before quoting facts you should substantiate the claims. Please see below exactly what RDO say regarding up front fees

"There will of course be situations where owners may need to dispose of their timeshare/points. However, as Timeshare is regarded as a long-term investment in holidays, as opposed to an investment in real estate, it would be unrealistic to rely on realising the original purchase price. Bear in mind that some resorts/unit sizes are far more popular than others and ; as sales depend on current supply and demand it is not always possible to guarantee a date for resale. Resale companies offer various services. Some may not handle Points and some may charge up-front resale registration fees. Others may not charge an up-front fee but make a charge for optional advertising eg on the internet. RDO Resale Members must follow the Code of Ethics. Details of the services / costs / commissions / valuations should be obtained by contacting the relevant agencies direct."

found at the bottom of the page on this url http://www.rdo.org/term/consumers

18th of Mar, 2010

On further investigation I have found that your timeshare property is being advertised on our website (that is not static, it is driven by a data base) as per our agreement with you, and with the details that you returned. At no point have I received an email from you, and if I had I would have replied to it. I have included the link below

We are providing you with the service that we have offered you so there will be no refund. It is a shame that you are unhappy, however we have serviced 1000's of owners over the last decade or more and the majority are completely happy with our services. There is very little information on the web regarding unhappy clients, and if there is we deal with as I have with yourself. Visions of the World provide a valued service to many owners each and every year, and when we receive an offer on your timeshare we will notify you immediately.

I am hoping that you are happy with my findings and that you are happy with the conclusion.

22nd of Mar, 2010

Again, It is really a shame from a Manageing Director of virtual services company to lie to his clients and the audience, this Ad that you refer to was never there on your web for the last 4 weeks, on daily basis since I paid the money I was trying to find anything relate to my unit, so when did you upload this link? can you please proof it with date stamp? this was never there before? this is why I made more emphasis that your web is an obsolete to chase up any sequence of events.. FYI, my unit information you uploaded is totaly worng, this is why you are not worry about the details rather than upfront fees. Can you tell me why did you provide log in ID and password? since I got that does not make any diference to an owner or web browser. I think you need to re-vamp your site and not fooling more people . I've already explained the technicalities of your web to RDO.

In addition to the above false action you made as a value to my money how about the rest which was communicated to me by your part time blackmail sales rep (George). " Visons of the world company suppose to market timeshare on the website address, and advertising which consists of Google AdWord campaign, National Newspaper advertisements such as, The Daily Mail, The Sunday Mail, The Telegraph as well as Scottish Newspapers and Choice Villas Magazine. They also sponsor the RDO (OTE) advert in the RCI holiday magazine and now advertise on Radio "

My question, can you send me a copy of all links you have made so far for those additional medias? please provide me yur proof with date stap.

As a conclusion, I will not give up !! I'm not happy about your false services !!

22nd of Mar, 2010

Further to your response above, I am very surprised at your response and your alegations regarding our services and our long standing good name within our sector of the industry. You ad is appearing on our website has agreed with yourself, and confirmed in writing with our enrolment form signed by yourself. Your member log in and password are live so I do not know what issues you may be having, however I would suggest that you try again to access your member login. We are always looking at new ways to improve our site with extra benefits, however the service provided to you is in order and exactly the service that you agreed to.

I do not take kindly to your suggestion that a member of my staff has blackmailed you! We have been in business for more than 11 years and provide a much needed service to our customers. If you were to search for customers that are unhappy you will see that you are among the minority even though you have been provided with the service offered. We use many avenues to promote our company above and beyond the internet, and our last insertion in a magazine was with the industry magazine Perspective.

I would like to confirm that you have been provided with the service discussed and I believe any further correspondence through this complaints board would just be an attempt to persecute a company in good standing that provides a valid service to the timeshare resale sector.

Managing Director at http://www.visionsoftheworld.com

23rd of Mar, 2010

FYI, until few days ago when I loogged in to your crab system, there was nothing displayed but after I mentioned this problem you managed to fix it up or to proof that you react to my queries again unfortunatly there is no date stamp of your action !! but I asked you if you would send me a copy of other linkes if they are available "advertising which consists of Google AdWord campaign, National Newspaper advertisements such as, The Daily Mail, The Sunday Mail, The Telegraph as well as Scottish Newspapers and Choice Villas Magazine. They also sponsor the RDO (OTE) advert in the RCI holiday magazine and now advertise on Radio "

Again my question is US$ 450.00 is worth to display this ad on your web? other good companies did it for me without any charge? where is your services value. So I will be waiting from you to send me those links or copy of them again date stamp an asap !! so I can reveiw it with those mentioned resources to confirm your action.

27th of Mar, 2010

Can you please reply to the above comments? can you show me those links of other media that you made so far? according to RDO you suppose to send me a formal response to all my raised concerns within 21 days, so far I did ot hear from you.

28th of Mar, 2010

I have stated all the necessary facts that I did to state and as per my last comment "anyone continuing to make comments is just trying to persecute a company in good standing".

29th of Mar, 2010

Your need to respond to one important fact that I raised to you twice from the above trail of responses and still you did not bother to look into it, a copy of it as follows:

You suppose to send me a copy of other linkes "advertising which consists of Google AdWord campaign, National Newspaper advertisements such as, The Daily Mail, The Sunday Mail, The Telegraph as well as Scottish Newspapers and Choice Villas Magazine. They also sponsor the RDO (OTE) advert in the RCI holiday magazine and now advertise on Radio .

In addition, the unit information that you presented in your dummy website is totaly wrong. This proof to me that you are not interested in the details but in a clever way you managed to fix the gapes one by one in your false website after I raised my complaints 1) no advertimestment shown there 2) Login did not show my time share. I hope you can challange me if you can provide me with dates of your actions on your site.

The last question to you which services you proiveded me so far that worth of US$ 450.00?. As I mentioned earlier I'm still waiting from RDO on your formal reponses. To let you know I will do further actions to contain this case with your company.

5th of Apr, 2010

Vision of the world UK company blackmail me with upfront fees worth of US$ 450.00 to sell my time share and after that never heard from them.

13th of May, 2010

Now it is almost 10 weeks I did hear from this blackmialing company, I would recommend to any timeshare owners not to deal with them a all.

6th of Jul, 2010

If you continue to print slanderous comments about my company I will be forced to take this further and you will be hearing from our solicitors!

• Ay
      16th of Jul, 2010

at last I found someone who suffers like me with this company. hopefully in the coming few days a full report of my experience will be blogged in here. Jason, I shall write to you in person soon.

• Ay
      23rd of Jul, 2010

Dhaif,
    I am so inspired by your action. and I can see the same happening to me. I am currently in the process of writing to RDO as you did since what is so called "visions of the world" company is ignoring my repeated calls. I am so interested to know your news regarding this copmpany.

Best of luck mate...

• Su
      6th of Oct, 2010

with referance to no proof ot national publication advertising...i totaly agree! i to have requested publication titles and dates and to this date have been refused the information and was also told that it was 3 to 4 months for an average sale. i have been told the person who told me this no longer works for the company( how convenient)...i have also spoke to jason clowery and his attitude towards myself (his client)...is very unprofessional...at the end of the day everyone has to realise that timeshares are worth sweet F.A...

22nd of Jan, 2011

I'm still waiting from this UK company to respond formally to my case and also still waiting from RDO. now over a year I did not get a proper action to my case. I beleive this a false company trying as much as they can to blackmail timeshare owners.

25th of Jan, 2011

I marketed my timeshare with Visionsoftheworld over 12 months ago and received no feedback fromthe company regarding any interest etc.
    The alarm bells started to ring when i noticed the advert posted on their website was identical to that utilised by the company owning the timeshare site.
    I was also informed that I would receive my outlay back on completion of a sale. I managed to sell my timeshare privately but have since been advised by Visionsof the World that they will not redeem my outlay as i didn't sell it through them.
    I contacted them several times, merely to lower the asking price, and on one occasion they tried to hard sell me into making it the property of the week at an additional cost.
    I have to say for my £175.00 outlay there appears to have been little or no action taken. I appreciate that marketing may cost money but in this case it seems like a bit of a scam.
    There are 8 properties from the same timeshare company that people are selling sharing the same information on the Visions of the World website. That would appear to be scam.

3rd of Feb, 2011

Further to your comments above. Please provide us with the contract of sale and we will be happy to look into your case for a refund as per our terms.

• Pi
      5th of Feb, 2011

I couldn't agree with you more. Me too have also tried to sell my timeshare through Vision of The World for about 1 year. They told me that they are the comany Club La Costa have recomended to sell their timeshare - One week later they called me back, and told me that it is impossible to sell Club La Costa Point so the best thing for me is to swap it into RCI vaccation points. For that I had to pay additional GBP 4500, -. The guy who called me -flirted tremendously with me. Why would they swap it into something the can't sell further. Of course - I didn't go for it. I wanted to test them, so I called them back telling them that I have CLC vaccation points that I wanted to sell. Same story - very easy to sell. They are only interested in you as a customer - as long as they can make money on you up front. If you call them about other things -they are not interested in talking to you. They never call you back -and they always come up with an excuse. They had severeal weeks of f during Christmas - and the only person that can talk to me - have been sick for several week - he might be dead by now. When you see how much thimeshare they advertise on their web-page - they don, t have to work at all - they make good mony on the fee we pay them. They are rude and they harassing their customer. It is impossible to have a serious conversation whith this company.No wonder the "timeshare" business is critizised. The business itselves make sure of it. The sad thing is - they don't know why we want to sell - and still - you have to listen to their crap!! It's sad!