ViewSonic / Horrible customer support

I will NEVER purchase another viewsonic prodect EVER again. I have been a solid viewsonic customer in the past, probably spending in the neighborhood of 10K on their displays. purchased several Viewsonic tv's and monitors. Recently I have required service from them due to what a google search will prove as a COMMON ISSUE WITH THE 3250W MODEL LCDTV. This monitor has a defective PSU power supply board and WILL FAIL causing severe issues with the display eventually causing the display to fail to turn on. I have attempted to call viewsonic several times, I am actually on hold now as I type this, I've been on hold for 1 hour 30 minutes. Earlier today I was on for this amount of time until my phone died, causing me to switch phones and call again. I have typed 3 emails to support using the "online support" process - NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE. Whoever handles the call center and customer service groups for this company needs to be fired. BE WARNED - IF YOU EVER HAVE AN ISSUE WITH A VIEWSONIC PRODUCT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE SUPPORT FROM THE COMPANY. To receive decent support from this company would be like winning the lotery - it's just not gonna happen.

Va

Comments

• Vr
      24th of Dec, 2008

I feel with you. Today i have ordered to a service agent to dispose of my 19 month old ViewSonic LCD TV.
    I have had nothing but trouble with this product. A month after the warranty had expired the power supply quit working. It did cost me $170 to repair it. 6 months later I find myself at the service again. The main board needs replacement...yet another $370 to fix that. No way. That would be $540 within a 2 year period for a $700 TV. Besides, The LCD panel has shown a lot of image persistance (ghosting). This Tv was used in various channels like VGA and Svideo application. This is is ridiculous marketing and a shame of quality manufacturing. Though I doubt ViewSonic does any of that, but make bad judgments. I found the initial support staff very compassionate and helpful beyond the ordinary. However, their executives, controlling and leniency rather crude.
    The usual 'its not personal but business attitude'. Well, let me tell you ViewSonic, this business is personal and you suck at it. I have had many PC monitors from ViewSonic in the past with no regrets. But this new venturing in another industry is failing for them. They should stick to their guns and keep innovating for quality not quantity. Its jut a bad attitude. I appreciate quality and thought i could trust this brand...how wrong i was. I paid dearly for this bad experience and i think it will last while and will take ViewSonice a lot of work to gain trust back.