Viaddress / Unethical business practices

Viaddress has been engaging in very unethical and unprofessional behavior. I first became aware of this when researching forwarding companies. While many companies had mixes of positive and negative reviews, viaddress.com had solid positive reviews--and not only that, this small website often had hundreds of more positive reviews than large, well-known websites. Sensing something was amiss I did further research and found a website where viaddress was offering to pay $10 to people who would write 25 positive reviews of the company. Concerned by this I posted it to several websites so people were aware of their tactics. I did further research and found that viaddress had a masked IP, which was a red flag, had mail service stores as their listed addresses, and had graphics taken directly from a competitor's website. Coincidentally, after I brought all these to attention they all changed-- the addresses and website registration were changed, and the graphics were removed from their website, as was the website offering to pay $10 to people to write positive reviews of viaddress. After I did this I began receiving nasty emails calling me stupid and other profane things. I posted these emails to make people aware of this action; shortly after I was accused of being a competitor to viaddress (which I am not) and threatened with legal action. They also claimed to have my IP address, which is flat out false. Obviously, you can't sue someone for what they write about a company, especially when the posted material was all true, but that didn't stop them from repeatedly making the claim-- most likely in an attempt to scare me into silence. I have not used their service, but my comments are not about the service provided-- they were about the company's business practices. Viaddress' behavior is extraordinarily unprofessional and unethical, and even if their service was good I would not use a company that engages in such appalling behavior.

Pa

Comments

• Vi
      26th of Feb, 2010

************************************************************************************

Hello everyone !

This is Sarah Van dyke again, Public Relations Manager at Viaddress.com.
    We have some very interesting updates about this FAKE complaint to share with all the readers of this post.

THIS USER "Pam" HAS NEVER USED VIADDRESS.COM SERVICES BEFORE !

After further investigation with the complaintsboard about the origin of the FAKE REVIEW above, along with the negative comments that followed, the complaintsboard has instructed us that they were posted by the same IP address in the city of Torrance, California and precisely matching that one of our competitor bellow:

www.SHIPITO.COM

CEO John Vanhara
    Email: info@shipito.com
    phone: 310-212-7143

Related companies:
    xyzbikes http://www.xyzbikes.com
    incparadise http://www.incparadise.net

He was posting reviews with username "rr1200" and recently changed his address from:

to:
    Dallas, Texas

Therefore, we want to make sure to expose this dishonest competitor www.SHIPITO.COM at http://www.shipito.com who is behind posting several negative reviews about Viaddress.com.

This is something that Viaddress.com will not take lightly and we will make sure to take further legal actions against www.SHIPITO.COM.

We will not waste any more time with this competitor. All NEW FAKE COMPLAINS will eventually be used against SHIPITO.COM in court.

There is no need to change your IP address Mr. John Vanhara, we know you're the only one writing fake reviews about Viaddress.com here.
    He's been posting more fake complains on other complain sites like Complaints.com, [redacted].com... but that will only aggravate the damages which will work against him in court.

If anyone has a genuine question or complaint, please contact us directly by Phone, Chat or email as listed on our Contact Us page on Viaddress.com, because we will not receive any messages posted on this complaintsboard site until after several days or weeks have elapsed.

Elkhart, IN 46516

Picture 2: Same CEO John Vanhara selling bicycles on xyzbikes.com from the same location of Shipito.com

Picture 3: Location of Shipito.com, the competitor who is posting Fake negative reviews about Viaddress.com

10th of Mar, 2010

********************************** Update from Viaddress : ! ****************************

This user "rr1200" is SHIPITO.COM, A COMPETITOR OF VIADDRESS.COM WHO IS WRITING ALL THE NEGATIVE FAKE COMMENTS ABOVE ABOUT VIADDRESS.COM TO HURT REPUTATION !

Do a google search for: " rr1200 Profile | ComplaintsBoard.com "
    Or go here:

You will see that this user "rr1200" he's from:

to:
    United Kingdom

He recently changed his address from Torrance, California and precisely matching that one of our competitor Shipito.com :

(Pictures attached)

This user "rr1200" who represents Shipito.com is caught again writing fake negative comments about Viaddress.

Now, he poses as someone from the United Kingdom but his geo IP location shows "United States". (Look under this claim):

All his 19 comments written are against Viaddress:

More pictures bellow and here:

Please continue reading bellow...

Hello everyone !

This is Sarah Van dyke again, Public Relations Manager at Viaddress.com.

THIS USER "Pam" HAS NEVER USED VIADDRESS.COM SERVICES BEFORE !

www.SHIPITO.COM

CEO John Vanhara
    Email: info@shipito.com
    phone: 310-212-7143

Related companies:
    xyzbikes http://www.xyzbikes.com
    incparadise http://www.incparadise.net

Torrance, California

to: (This change was done to make us think he's from USglobalmail.com)
    Dallas, Texas

then to:

Elkhart, IN 46516

Picture 1: John Vanhara CEO of Shipito.com, the competitor who is posting Fake negative reviews about Viaddress.com, Same CEO John Vanhara selling bicycles on xyzbikes.com from the same location of Shipito.com

Picture 2: New location

Picture 3: Old location caught by Google Archive

18th of Mar, 2010

**** THIS COMPLAINTS WAS POSTED BY A COMPETITOR TO VIADDRESS ************

This user "rr1200" is no other than SHIPITO.COM, A COMPETITOR OF VIADDRESS.COM WHO IS WRITING ALL THE NEGATIVE FAKE COMMENTS ABOVE ABOUT VIADDRESS.COM TO HURT REPUTATION !

He is "lurking" forums and writing negative comments about Viaddress.com
    He's now posing as someone from Melbourne, Australia:

Do a google search for: " rr1200 Profile | ComplaintsBoard.com "
    Or go here:

All his 27 comments are against Viaddress:

You will see that this user "rr1200" is originally from:

then changed to:

(Pictures bellow)

We believe that readers are smart enough to realize why this dishonest competitor has resorted to writing fake comments about Viaddress.com, you simply have to look at the comparison tables on the Viaddress.com homepage to understand why the competitor Shipito is upset.

Picture 2: User's New location

Picture 3: User's Old location caught by Google Archive

• Dm
      20th of Apr, 2010

All of the information in your fake complaint was taken directly from their website. This doesn't prove it was a fake complaint and you repeating it over and over looks very suspicious to me. Maybe public relations isn't a good field for you Sarah...

7th of Aug, 2010

Neither is the tone of your reply very professional - posting photographs, using capital letters and exclamation marks. I don't think so.

• Kr
      28th of Aug, 2010

They have low price shipping, free etc etc. BUT their respon are horrible! And if you guys ship to this company WITHOUT tracking number then say goodbye to your goods. YES, they stole my clothes! Bought items from ebay, forward to viaddress by USPS flat rate without tracking number and now they never reply my email everytime i asking this shipment. They were sent priority in a flat rate shipping box, so i know they arrived.

Beware!!!
    To viaddress team if you read this complaints : Unit # A920320

• Sh
      17th of Sep, 2010

Elkhart, IN 46516

Hi Sarah here is one lady who needs help with her parcels i have paid VIADDRESS last week 185USD to ship my parcells to South Africa I have been waiting, please assist as i am now confused not sure whats happening on my desktop there is now no info about my parcels nothing.

Please i just need my parcells thats it please
    email shoesexy@gmail.com please help out.

• Gb
      30th of Sep, 2010

I have a request received and paid transportation to 15 days.
    I contact 5 times a day via email.
    and I totally unresponsive.

Company simply does not seem to exist.

my record: VIA9962395 September 15, 2010.

after the company receives the product and I pay shipping, the company simply does not answer more e-mail.

I was robbed by viaadress. company does not exist. is a scam to steal money from people ... WARNING ..

28th of Oct, 2010
    Viaddress - Scammers
    VIAddress

The item bought on e-bay was delivered to VIAddress, but they have not sent it to me. It appears they just plainly stoled it.

I have called them and they lied to me that the item will be posted. This had happened already two times.

Unfortunately these are empty words. Nothing was posted.

Shameless ###.

• Me
      28th of Oct, 2010

I am A927833 of viaddress member.
    I received my second packet today.But I am still waiting for 2 packets that already paid for them by paypal.
    I paid for my other packets by paypal but their situations of packets still seem as not paid for them.So I opened a dispute
    for this action on paypal.Viaddress contacted with me to close the dispute .We will close it after we will packets that we allready paid for.
    We will write here about our parcels on viaddress.

8th of Nov, 2010

@SHoesexy, did you ever receive your goods? I am trying to ocntact them but no luck.

8th of Nov, 2010

Martin, would love to know if you got your goods. I got some goods that I wnat them to ship them, they are in my suite but will not pay until I can speak to them.

19th of Nov, 2010

I agree this is a scam.
    I've Emailed them more than 20 times over the past 3 mths regarding my item in my suite.
    Till now, there's no response.
    Even tried calling them but goes to voice mail.

• Ga
      29th of Nov, 2010

I have had 3 transactions with Viaddress till date, all of them without issues. However, my last (forth) one is stuck with them since 16 Nov. I have emailed them at least 10 times. Called them more than 100 times without response. On 19th Nov, I was able to speak to someone who promised to look into the matter. But now even their voicemail box is full and they do not bother to answer the phone.

I have a rather expensive item stuck with them which was a thanks giving gift for my daughter. I hope that I can get it by her birthday on 9/Dec.

I do not believe that they are a scam but just overwhelmed with the increase in the number of parcels they received and the issue they had with USPS. The person on the phone told me that USPS delivered more than a thousand packages in their warehouse on a single day.

However, its very un professional of viaddress to not answer emails and phone. If they cannot answer individual emails, they should post on their website that they are facing delays because of blah blah and that they are working to resolve the situation. Also, they should stop accepting new packages till the backlog is cleared.

I am waiting till 9/dec and then take action. If anyone is planning a legal action or a formal complaint against via address, please post a reply and we can do a joint complaint.

I live in Belgium and in no way related to viaddress or any of its competitors.

My suite ID is A918048
    My last shipment has been delivered via FEDEX tracking Id 4687 5813 1460 (signed by someone named s. Wedge)

• Wr
      3rd of Dec, 2010

Yes, I would like to take action as well. I had a response to my first email, saying 'stand by' but am not getting a response now. My package has been in their warehouse for about 5 weeks. My suit id is: A928818. I live in Australia, but come to the US a few times per year.

3rd of Dec, 2010

I would join you in action against them also waiting for by items to ship my ID A916214 I life in Germany and the ordered item was a x-mas gift for my dauther - I am very angry.

• Tc
      8th of Dec, 2010

I would like to take legal action to against viaddress.

I am from Canada and waiting for any kind of update regarding my Amazon parcel since Nov 29.

The item was sent via USPS, tracking number 9102 9010 0129 8169 7650 00.

My viaddress unit number is A921933. It was sent to their old address at 530 E LEXINGTON AVE STE 135.

I will contact the Elkhart police and contact VISA if I don't hear from them by the end of the week. Time is running out, viaddress!

T. Chan

• Ga
      8th of Dec, 2010

I have sent 1800 emails to viaddress and made atleast 300 phone calls for my package that has not been added to my account. Thats what I do now in my spare time.

However, NO RESPONSE.

I guess they have already wound up and run away with the loot. Don't forget that there was huge inflow into viaddress due to the holiday season, esp thanksgiving.

I am now 100% sure that the people behind viaddress are professional thieves. They never steal your first or second package to gain your trust but the moment you ship an expensive one after that, it will be gone.

I am preparing to file a formal complaint against these scammer and prevent them from fooling other people like us.

IF YOU HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS AGAINST VIADDRESS.COM THAT CAN HELP ME SUBSTANTIATE MY/OUR COMPLAINT, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING.

Send and email to me at againstviaddress (at) gmail (dot) com
    with the following details.

Your details :
    Name :
    Address :
    Phone:
    email :

Shippng detais : (to contact you in case of refund/recovery)

Initial shipment carrier (from seller to viaddress) :
    Initial shipment tracking number :
    Item Value :

Status (where is the shipment now)
    Did viaddress add it to your shipping manager:
    Did viaddress ship it to you?
    Shipping promised by viaddress shipping calculator:
    Shipping charged by viaddress:

Your complaint description:

If possible, please send this on a word document.

Also, please post your negative reviews on as many sites as possible. (not only about viaddress but about any service that has cheated you)

Again, I am a victim of viaddress and not associated with any of its competitors. My deails are in the post below. Only that I have decide not to let these bugger go off so easlily.

Help me, help yourself and help other who might be thinking of joining viaddress.

• Kr
      9th of Dec, 2010

totally agree with gajraaj : " They never steal your first or second package to gain your trust but the moment you ship an expensive one after that, it will be gone. "

that is TRUE, they stolen my third package on Aug 2010 on my Unit # A920320

NEVER USE VIADDRESS.COM !!

10th of Dec, 2010

@gajraa
    Did you received already some claims/complaints on your mentioned e-mail ?
    Will send you my claim/complaint soon.
    May I ask you in which country you located and how do you think we can make legal actions against Viaddress - MAFIA !!!
    Maybe T.Chan can help effectice because he is located in Canada. I am located in Germany.
    Together we are strong ! and can hunt Viaddress down !
    Brgds Markus