Closed

Venicom / They charge for completely different prices

Da Apr 4, 2014 Review updated:

I used the services of the company Venicom Inc, but I was really disappointed with it as well as I lost about $300. I contacted the agent and told him that I searched for the mobile plan. He offered me the phone and plan, which would cost $60 per month. It was great sum, so I agreed. After that they started to charge me for different price. I tried to cancel the subscription, but they told me that it was impossible. I don’t know what to do. Help me, please.

Comments

• Ca
      28th of Apr, 2015

Some time ago an agent called me from t mobile said he could save me about $45 dollars on a switch from Verizon I said ok ill try it. He said they will send me a new phone worth about $600 dollars for free, great i said. A week or so went buy I got the phone I tried to call the man with no luck.I did not know how to set this phone up so it set in the box for some time. a young friend of mine came in he said oh you got a new phone, I said yes but I do not know how to put it together a did not know if it was hooked up. He knew the phone, took it out of the box put the battery in and said its hooked up. I said Ill call the man again to see how it works, my friend just use your fingers like I said how do I call out but he left in a hurry and said ll be back. The phone set for days and I called in and said I am sending the phone back as I do not know how to work it . I told the person I am sending it back but I want no charges as I never made the first call she said Ill have to pay to send it back I said Ok. But NO CHARGES, I should have known better as I get a bill for $300 I Call in and tell my story to someone, I was transfered from Lisa to Nita to Mike and he gives me the VENICOM phone and I get transfered to another No.800-555-1212 Have not called as I now received a notice from a collection Co. wanting $400 NOW just today 4-28-15 I would like some RESPONSE Please.
    Art Orofino Acct. No.1845140 last 4 6221

24th of May, 2016

I fell for the same scam on March 29, 2016. I did not even realize I bought my package from Venicom, not T-Mobile. It is a year later and Venicom is still doing the same thing, as well as mis-representing themselves as T-mobile employees. I am moving ahead with a law suit, 1. they did not get a permit from the town to sell door to door, and 2. total misrepresentation. Thank you for taking the time to write your complaint, it is a horrible feeling when you feel completely helpless against these companies. I own 10 phone lines, I don't know what I was thinking switching from Verizon to T-mobile.

Andrea McLaughlin

• Wh
      21st of Jul, 2016

We fell for the same scam from Venicom. I am currently fighting with T-Mobil to get all of there equipment returned after receiving a $3100.00 first months bill and trying to get the contracts voided. They came into our office posing as T-Mobil employees. After I discussed everything with them for my 70 year old mother and we had all the understandings in place, I left for a meeting. We didn't find out that they had changed everything on the agreement after me leaving until we received that $3100 first months statement. I believe that is whats called defrauding the elderly. I would love to get in on that law suit and I'm sure we can find hundreds to join the fight as well. T-Mobil is very aware of this companies tactics and obviously does not care as long as they keep getting them customers in any way possible.

Tim Campbell