US Periodicals Inc. / have not received magazine

1 P.O Box 72746Phoenix, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 623-466-6043

My husband bought me a 3-year subscription for tv guide from this company. I stopped receiving it a month ago. We called today to find out why and got the most rude person on the phone. His name is Max - he gave a bunch of crap and would not answer our questions. I was so appalled by his attitude that I called him an ###------ and he proceeded to call me one. He told me I would be lucky if I EVER get my tv guide. I wrote a letter to this company and will mail it today. I called back and got the some person on the phone. Once I gave him my phone number he told me once I called him that particular expletive he had nothing to say to me. I told him I'd better get my magazine and then he hung up on me. No one should do business with company. I am going to contact TV Guide and tell them NOT to allow this company to act as an agent for them. And I intend to contact the AZ Attorney General's Office - after reading many of the complaints from this company I have little hope that I will get my magazine. I will get the word out to everyone I can NOT to do business with this company.

Comments

• Cl
      20th of Mar, 2010

Why are these people allowed to scam us...I sent them a check for $85.50 for the National Enquirer and the Enquirer never received the money...Now I am checking out this company and I find out they are a scam outfit...I do not understand why the better business bureau does not put them out of business...they are making a fortune by collecting money for subscriptions and never sending it to the magazines...This is hard for me to believe that they can stay in business and keep scaming us...

• Jj
      1st of Sep, 2010

I also got scammed by these people but I made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I got all my money back and the whole process only took me about two weeks.

• Di
      30th of Jun, 2015

The best way I found to get any "feedback" from US Periodicals is to turn them into the BBB in Arizona and also to the Attorney Generals office there, when or if you can ever get a person to answer there they are evasive and not helpful to say the very least, they told me it takes 120 to renew but, can't find payments you make or then say the payment was received late or that they now have no record of any payments . It wasn't until I could no longer get any type of answer from their phone number that I looked online and discovered all of the pages of complaints on this company that I contacted the BBB . They have accepted my proof of payments that USP would not and they have been in contact with me when USP would not . The matter is finally being settled thanks only to the BBB of Arizona . I received a letter from the Attorney Generals office that included USP's response to my complaint and they have stated that because I didn't make my payments on time they were not going to send my order on to the magazine, they had no issue with cashing my payments even when they were received late however and have stated as far as they ( Mike Smith ) can see I am a con artist that does not want to make my last supposed payment to them . The " supposed " payments he speaks of were all made and the BBB has backed me up on them . Mike Smith has stated that as a slow paying customer there is no way they can trust me ! This from a company with complaint after complaint after complaint ! Anyway my suggestion to everyone out there is to contact the BBB and the Attorney Generals office, they stated with enough complaints they will start an investigation . I have referred that office to this and other sites to see just how many people have gotten taken by this company . Hope this helps you all out . If we only voice our complaints here it does no good . Contact the offices, even if it is too late to get any money back maybe this company can be shut down for good.

• Ji
      20th of Aug, 2016

I submitted a subscription with U.S.Periodicals as a promotion thru my grandsons school.The prices were to be available to the teachers and family.I thought I was purchasing a 3yr. subscription to Star Magazine.But, recently I have received notifications from Star that my subscription will expire soon---they have not received my money or renewal from U.S. Periodicals.I have been robbed of $169 by these people. I called the number listed for them but a person answered with a Indian accent (east indian) and denied that it was the company in question.