UPS / lost/found shipment

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-914-8254

I shipped a handheld PDA from Dallas to my daughter at Texas A&M in College Station, TX (about 200 miles). It was sent on a Wednesday, insured, from a local UPS Store, and delivery was promised by 7 PM Thursday (she needed it for a nursing class on Friday morning). Basically, UPS did not scan the package, and until Thursday evening around 8 PM, no one in UPS knew where the package was. Finally, around 8 PM, the package was scanned for the first time by UPS---in Montgomery, Alabama! UPS supervisors could offer no explanation how the unscanned package was now in Alabama, when it was sent UPS Ground WITHIN TEXAS! Further, they were unable to get the package on a plane Thursday night, so basically my daughter is behind in her class because of this incompetence. There is no excuse for this type of customer service!

Ro

Comments

• El
      25th of Feb, 2014

3 boxes for our business full of merchandise customers are waiting for were supposed to be delivered Thursday 2/20. Not delivered.
    Friday 2/21 Tracking info “On truck for delivery” Friday night no delivery tracking says “Your package has encountered a delay”
    Monday 2/24 “On truck for delivery” then in afternoon tracking says “Exception”. We contact UPS. On hold for an hour. Told being transferred to supervisor. Hung up on. Call back. Try to arrange to pickup packages since they are not being delivered. On hold for hour and a half. Hung up on again.
    Tuesday 2/25 “The package was left in a UPS facility. / Delivery rescheduled.” Call, email, fax, live chat UPS customer service for a total of 7 hours today. Finally told Boxes are behind “the center” in a trailer and they will not go find the box and will call us when they get around to looking for it.
    Here is their reply: “"I am very sorry you did not receive a call as quickly as expected. After reviewing the updated notes in our system, I have confirmed your package is unavailable for pick up today, 02/25/14, as requested. The local Management team indicated your package is located on a trailer that can hold hundreds, if not thousands, of additional packages. Due to this, your package is unavailable at this time and I recommend continuing to monitor the situation online at UPS.com for updated scans; this will provide the current status of your package.”
    So you know where my package is and made a mistake for a week now but it’s too much work to fix it so we will just wait until you get around to finding our packages. This is UNACCEPTABLE.