UnlimitedDownloads.com / Scam and cheating

1 DeLand, FL, United States Review updated:

This is nothing but a scam! Unlimited downloads.com was what I thought I was getting. When the transaction was complete, they list 4 to 5 music services that you can download. I only heard of 2 of them, 1 being Limewire, which I chose, when you click download Limewire it states, " this is a free product, if you paid for this, you were scammed". So, I checked out some of the other music services they offered. Same deal, when you try to download, my McAffe security pops up and says " publisher unknown, may be harmful to your computer". Don't be scammed by this company, if it's too late, and you already have been, don't just let them get away with it! Think about it they already have your credit card number, don't think they won't use it. Contact everyone you can, BBB, the company's logo's that they use like CNN etc... why should they make a living off of your money!!!

La

Comments

• Ty
      4th of Feb, 2009

Just realizing this myself. I wish I would have found your comments before I clicked on the submit button. Now I am also out a bunch of cash. I am sorry you got scammed too. I buy all my music from iTunes and thought I could do the same with games. Not so.

Tyson

• Kh
      12th of Feb, 2010

Yeah, they took £24.88 of me and it hasn't shown up on my online bank statement. Hopefully they don't take any more...

• Ca
      18th of Mar, 2010
    UnlimitedDownloads.com - no way of getting onto site to get money back
    unlimiteddownloads.com
    United Kingdom

they took £45 out my account which wasmore than the £28 iagreed to. haven't been able to contact them at all since.

• Ff
      23rd of Mar, 2010

YES!!! The site show 0.99 but they billed me at 80Euro instead!!!

There is nothing stated in the email to contact them at all!!!

• Be
      6th of Jul, 2010

OMG yep i got scammed 180 australian dollars bout 6 yrs ago, i think it was 180well it was 100 and sumthin and i was promised unlimited games, music and m, ovies and then now i cant even sign my name in anymr so its like it doesnt remember i have payed ggrrrh wht a waste.i dont think its the same 1 as u tho altho it was called unlimiteddownloads.com

• Os
      19th of Oct, 2010

I just signed up today. The software they give you is already free - they don't give you access to files you can't already get for free.

I rang them a number of times because I had problems with the software (before I realised I had been scammed), they were very helpful and seemed genuine. After a few hours I got it working and started downloading, and the penny finally dropped, that I was getting no more access to sites than anyone else that hadn't paid a thing.

The final time I called, I asked the operator what exactly I was paying for, considering that everything is already available for free online. He tried to dodge the question a few times but I persisted. He eventually admitted that he could not answer the question and offered me a full refund.

He said I'd get confirmation of the refund within 24hours and that my c/c would be reimbursed in 5-10 working days.

Am I naive to think I'll get the refund? I hope not.

• Sr
      12th of Nov, 2010

After paying online for a 1 year subscription, the website has gone missing.