Universal Explorations / Proved to be a scam

I have also received a call from this company offering you a discounted vacation in exchange for positive word of mouth advertising. I was very skeptical at first and still am but somehow they managed to talk my credit card number out of me. They have a very convincing web site, use universal studios logo and they send you the travel info by email as promised. Of course they called on a saturday and their customer care line is not open on the weekends. I strongly suspect I will find out this is a scam, but can't find any definite proof. I would love to hear from anyone who actually got a vacation out of all this. The package includes nights in Orlando, Daytona and Cancun. I feel so stupid. Canceled my credit card just in case, but it looks very unlikely I will be able to get my money back if it does prove to be a scam!

Ma

Comments

19th of Apr, 2009

HI, just to warn you, they do rip you off! i got ripped off the same way, and whats worse i cant get my money back. THe credit card company cant do ### to help you because of course, they would love to have you pay them money. They tell you that they offer you the holidays, and they make it seem like everything, including the flight is included, but in fact, it's not included, you have to pay for flights yourself, and some taxes for the hotel and god knows what else! Even their telephone line is cheap. Once you give them the credit card info, they take out the money right away, without a second to wait, and once they do that, no matter what you do or when u cancelled your credit card, they would have already goten the money. I tried cancelling my credit card the next day, but it turns out that they already have goten the money out! you're not the only one to be fooled by them

• Gb
      7th of May, 2009

i to was scamed by universalexplorations they have conned £200 out of me
    the way they come across as very proffesional i dont think i will get my money back

• Gb
      7th of May, 2009

i too have just been scammed by universalexplorations they have took money out of my account
    the way they did it was profesional i am 62 years old and can ill afford it i was looking forward to the holiday
    but now my wife and i a very upset

12th of May, 2009

YOU ALL DIDNT GET RIPPED OFF! IDIOTS! THEY SENT ME ALL THE DOCUMENTS! I'VE TRAVELED WITH TONS OF THESE TYPES OF COMPANIES BEFORE! THEY'RE JUST PROMOTING TOURISUM. THESE PACKAGES ARE ALWAYS WAY CHEAPER THAN BOOKING ON YOUR OWN. THEY EVEN BEAT EXPEDIA & ORBITZ OUTTA THIS WORLD! NEED ANY HELP EMAIL ME FLEMING.JOHN77@YAHOO.COM

15th of May, 2009

Unfortuatly, you DID get ripped off. They lead you to believe you won, then they take your credit card, which by the way, you can NOT get a refund. They lead you to believe your travel is included but is NOT and there is ALSO a lot of travel expenses once you arrive in Florida, NOTHING IS INCLUDED! YOU MUST PROVIDE ALL YOUR TRAVEL! EVEN TO THE BAHAMAS! the coupon book is just that... a coupon book that anyone can pick up at a local welcome center. NOTHING IS FREE! You may get a dollar off at Burger King if you buy one whopper or buy one meal get another at half off. The hotels are NOT as nice as described by the rep that calls. You have to provide transportaiton to the TIME SHARE THAT YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO IN ORDER TO GET YOUR 2 UNIVERSAL TICKETS which by the way is NOT in the same city! THIS IS A TERRIBLE RIP OFF!!!

BUYERS BEWARE!!!

RIP OFF!!!

22nd of May, 2009

### I DONT KNOW WHO YOU THINK YOUR TELLING GOT RIPPED OFF! I DEFINITELY WASN'T LIED TO IN ANY WAY. NOT SURE ABOUT YOU. MAYBE YOUR JUST OF THE DUMB ### WHO BUY SOMETHING AND THEN DONT PAY ATTENTION WHEN DOING SO! THEY NEVER TOLD ME I WON. I KNEW I HAD TO DO MY OWN TRAVEL. EVERY OTHER PACKAGE I'VE DONE WAS THE SAME THING AND IT IS WORTH YOUR WILD IF YOU LOVE TO TRAVEL. I OWN 2 TIME SHARES AND THEIR AWESOME!

SO IF YOUR GONNA COME AT ME, COME CORRECT DUMB ###!

• Li
      22nd of May, 2009

Dear Mr. ###, or do you prefer dumb? Or shall I call you Mr. Dumb ###??

Clearly you did not have a dealing with this SCAM of a company who they call themself Universal Explorations or you could be apart of the whole scam. I wouldnt be surprised if you worked for them. I KNOW MANY people who got ripped off and scammed by thid company.

1st- they lie about the travel. It is one thing if travel is NOT included but when it is CLEARLY misrepresented then YES, I have a problem with that.They tell you that you will save 75% off air fare but they use expedia!

YOU CAN SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN TRAVEL ONCE YOU ARRIVE IN THE USA! ALL TRANSPORTATION YOU MUST PAY FOR. TO AND FROM HOTEL, TO THE TIME SHARE, MEXICO ETC...

2nd-the $500 coupn book is a JOKE! It is JUST for discounts such as a FREE hanburger if you buy 3 COMBO meals at normal price..e tc.. UNIVERSAL EXPLORATIONS MISREPRESNTS the coupon book! They lead you to believe that it is $500 worth of food but it is NOT it is silly discounts to places that are NOT near where the hotels are etc.. or fast food.

3RD-They fail to make CLEAR that you are responsible for hotel tax and fees which by the way costs $40- $58 per NIGHT.

4th- When you want to travel.. it is NOT always available! you need to go by the TIME SHARE COMPANIES schedule! Wich by the way is not near any of your destinatio0ns and the only way you can get you 2 tickets to Adventure Islands or Universal.

5th- Ocean front view???? Of course if you want to pay!!!

6th- If you bring the 3rd and 4th Guest, Oh my, you will pay extra for EVERYTHING! The hotels charge more, the tickets cost $300 for theme parks.

7th- Sun Casino Dinner crusie... what a joke!

Extending your vacation passed the year, of course you can for a CHARGE!!!

You are paying $498 bucks for what!!!???
    hotels? they suck!

coupon book? it sucks! you can get this coupon book at any welcoome center!

Sun Casiono dinner Cruise what a joke!

getting kissed by dolphon will cost $125 per person!!

resort!!! what a joke!!! nothing is included! sure you have access but it will cost you!!!

23rd of May, 2009

WOW GOOD JOB ON YOUR CREATIVE JOKE LIZA! BUT IF I WANTED YOUR WORTHLESS OPINION I WOULD OF ASKED FOR IT! IM NOT SURE ABOUT YOU BUT THE PACKAGE THAT I RECEIVED FROM THIS COMPANY IS DEFINITELY A GREAT DEAL AND ITS IDENTICAL TO OTHER PACKAGES I TOOK WITH IMPERIAL MAJESTY, RAMADA, AND EVEN FAIRFIELD. AND YES YOU GOT ME NOW, I WORK FOR ANOTHER COMPANY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY. DAMN HOW DID YOU KNOW? IM RICH ###! SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR LAME ### AND CALL SOMEBODY WHO GIVES A ### ABOUT YOUR PREMENSTRUAL EMOTIONS YOU STUPID SLUT!

John,

What a HOMO you are. Did your boyfriend get mad at you during your vacation and his rubber break in your butt?

23rd of May, 2009

NO... I'D LIKE IT IN YOUR BUTT BETTER!!!

27th of May, 2009

WANT TO SEE A PICTURE OF THE OWNER OF UNIVERSAL EXPLORATIONS????

GO TO THIS LINK

27th of May, 2009

unirsal explorations is a scam!!! a rip off!!! universal explorations, AAA INTERNATIONAL LLC, INTERNATIONAL PROMATIONS LLC

ANTHONY ROBLES AKA TONY ROBLES
    WIFE NGA ROBLES

27th of May, 2009

THIS PACKAGE WILL COST YOU SO MUCH, IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY ABLE TO GET A HOLD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SET A DATE.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR 100% OF YOUR TRAVEL TO AND FROM FLORIDA, TO HOTELS, TO TIME SHARES, TO DAYTONA, TO AIRPORT, TO MEXICO OR BAHAMAS.. THIS IS VERY COSTLY..

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FOOD! THE COUPON BOOK IS A JOKE!

THE TIME SHARE THAT YOU MUST GO TO IN ORDER TO GET YOUR 2 TICKETS TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS OR ADVENTURE ISLANDS IS A HEAD ACHE!

THE HOTELS ARE NOT NEARLY AS NICE AS YOU MAY EXPECT

CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD now now now BEG FOR A REFUND!!!

YOU MUST PAY HOTEL TAX PER NIGHT FOR HOTELS WHICH CAN COST 35- $45 PER NIGHT

BLAH BLAH!!! MANY HIDDEN COSTS THAT YOU WERE NOT EXPECTING!

THIS DISCOUNTED TRAVEL WILL COST YOU!!! WANT TO GO TO FLORIDA???? BOOK AND TRAVEL ON YOUR OWN... IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY!!!

UNIVERSAL EXPLORATIONS IS A RIP OFF!!!

UNIVERSAL EXPLORATIONS IS A SCAM!!!

1st of Jun, 2009

Four days ago, I received a call from Universal Explorations offering a free vacation package in exchange for positive work of mouth. My husband was skeptical and told the sales representative to give us first an e-mail what are the conditions, but she managed to sweet talk my credit card no. & my consent. As promised, after they have got the money, they send the travel info on my mail . When I go thru the website and there were so many complaints, I immediately coordinated with my credit card company to stopped payment. Since they already got the money, you cannot get a refund, and they will play the edited conversation with their sales representative that you totally agree to the terms.In my case, I was at first very hesitant in giving the no. and my husband whom they included at first in the conversation and they knowing that my husband is against the idea, they did not include that in the conversation that they have stored. I told them at this time that I was out of job and I was informed that they cannot refund it. I feel so stupid. Is there anyone out there who had the same experience and got their money back. Please advise me what I should do. I am so helpless and this is a big money imagine losing US$498. I would appreciate getting your input. HELP!!!

• Ka
      1st of Jun, 2009

Call your credit card company and DONT GIVE UP. SPEAK to the MANAGER... IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, WHERE THEY ARE CALLING YOU FROM AND TAKING YOUR MONEY FROM... BY LAW YOU HAVE 2 WEEKS OR 30 DAYS FOR A REFUND. THEY GIVE YOU AN ADDRESS THAT IS IN TENN BUT IN FACT THE CALL AND THE MONEY IS TAKEN FROM TAMPA, FLORIDA. DONT GIVE UP, BE PERSISTANT... AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK. THEY SHOULD OF HAD IN THE TAPED CONVERSATION THAT YOU HAVE TIME FOR A REFUND. UNIVERSAL EXPLORATIONS, AAA INTERNATIONAL, AAA INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS, FLORIDA INCENTIVES INC, ETC...

Company City State

AAA International, LLC Tampa Florida
    Cool Beans of Tampa, Inc. Tampa Florida
    Florida Incentives, Inc. Tampa Florida
    Consumer Benefit Programs, LLC

Incorporated by Anthony Robles, Consumer Benefit Programs, LLC is located at 5605 Tpc Blvd Lutz, FL 33558. Consumer Benefit Programs, LLC was incorporated on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 in the State of FL and is currently active. Anthony Robles represents Consumer Benefit Programs, LLC as their registered agent.

THIS IS ONE OF THE ADDRESSES
    11406 N Dale Mabry Hwy Ste D Tampa, FL 33618

HERE IS ANOTHER-5605 Tpc Blvd
    Lutz, FL 33558
    Hillsborough County

ANOTHER
    17106 WHIRLEY RD LUTZ FL 33558-

I am sorry that your were taken in by this company. If you choose to take this trip, be prepared to ve ripped off even more. The travel expenses will cost you a lot! They tell you that they will save you up to 75% but they just use EXPEDIA. ALL TRAVEL EXPENSES ONCE YOU ARRIVE IN FLORIDA WILL COST YOU... HUNDREDS OF $$$$ HOTEL TAX, FOOD ETC... TRAVEL ETC...BE PREPARED TO SPEND 2, 000 AND THAT IS WITHOUT AIR FARE TO THE USA! DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU ARE TRAVELING FROM.. WHAT EVER THAT COST IS... ADD IT TO THE 2, 000$ THIS IS THE MINIMUM!!!

THEY DEFINITLY MISLEAD YOU! MISGUIDE YOU!!

CALL THE FLORIDA STATE DEPARTMENT,
    FBI,
    HILLSBOUGH POLICE,

THEY ALL HAVE FILES ON THEM...

If you need any help getting the numbers, just let me know, I will gladly help you.

Again, so sorry that you are another visctim in this scam!!!

remember... do not give up on your credit card, if you scream loud enough they will listen

OBSESSED MUCH??

• Le
      2nd of Jun, 2009

Hello i ask please for you to help me i pay monies and i make mistake to give for my criedit card. you say you have people to help my money back. please email help. i am not rich person i have no monies for that i pay and chang my mind but it is no refund. my bank say they do not do nothing to help. if u tell me to get my monies back i will be so happy to thank you.
    email me the help please lepetitlecompte@yahoo.ca

2nd of Jun, 2009

AWE COME ON YOU PATHETIC WHINNYING BABY!!!

3rd of Jun, 2009

Hi all - I was conned by U.E, at the beginning of April. They withdrew £550 from my account without my permission.
    My bank were absolutely useless and did nothing to help me, but I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Nashville and because of them I got a full refund.
    I suggest you do the same - google them, set up an account for yourself (its free) and then explain exactly what has happened to you. They have a lot of muscle in the U.S, and they were the only people that I could find to help me.
    U.E are well known to them, and they are aware of the practises they use.
    Don't be surprised if you get a call from U.E; I did, and they turned really nasty, threatening me with a court case and calling me a liar. This only goes to show that they are not a legitimate company, and if they start to threaten you with court action, it is only to scare you as they dont really have a leg to stand on. Don't lose your temper with them (however angry you get!) just log everything that they say to you and pass this on to the BBB.
    Don't give up; if they conned you into giving them money, then you are entitled to get it back - I did.
    It may take a week two to hear back from BBB, but dont lose heart; they really are very good.

Good luck

P.S - John - youre such a knob... wonder who you work for?? If they are such a wonderful company how come they get a 'F' rating from the BBB?

4th of Jun, 2009

HERE WE GO AGAIN! ANOTHER DUMB ###! SAL INSTEAD OF CALLING THE BBB YOU PROBABLY SHOULD BE PRATICING YOUR BOOK "READING FOR DUMMIES" BECAUSE IF YOU KNEW HOW TO READ THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT NEVER DID I SAY THIS IS A WONDERFUL COMPANY. SO GO GRAB YOUR BOOK AND SCROLE UP AND LETS TRY ONE MORE TIME. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

P.S. DONT BE SILLY YOU KNOW WHERE I WORK!
    I WAS TALKING TO YOU LAST NIGHT!
    YOU KNOW,
    THAT DICK SUCKING COMPANY YOU CALLED!