UniverCell / Handset replacement problem!

India Review updated:
This is to inform you that I had purchased one Nokia model handset- 6101 on 7th Nov 2005 from Univercell, Chennai. The model considered to be a failure model was revealed to me only after i had started having problems in the handset. The handset was given for servicing thrice but was returned back to me in the same condition.

Finally, I had my handset given to the Nokia Professional Centre at Anna Salai, Chennai on 7 Nov 2006. Though I was promised a replacement for the handset, since the handset was under warranty, till date, I was not issued a new handset and the service center people only keep promising things that the replacement should reach in a week's time.

The response of the floor managers- Vinod @ [protected] is all pathetic and failure of these personnel at their jobs results only in further frustration for people like me.

A  9th of May, 2007 by
I totally agree to the above gentlemen's mail (complaint). Even am facing the same problem with the univercell. Have bought my cell six months back from univercell, alwarpet show room and the key board especially 3, 6, 9, # keys were not working. I had given my mob on 2nd may 2007 for servicing at the above mentioned place.

I was asked to collect the same in the evening 2nd may 2007.
When i went in the evening i was asked to collect the same in two days i.e. 4th may 2007.

On 4th may 2007, i was informed that the handset has already been sent to the nokia office at mount road and they do not want to explain/disclose me the details of the problem. None of them including the engineers not aware of the problem and requested me to collect the handset from the nokia office directly.

4th may 2007 evening, went to the nokia office at anna salai. They have checked and told me that they are yet to receive the handset from the univercell.

7th may 2007 - called univercell alwarpet branch for the handset, they put me on hold for more than 10 mins and told me to check with the nokia office directly.

7th may 2007 evening - went to the nokia office and requsted them to check the same and got to know that the handset had reached them only on saturday that too after working hours.

They have booked/entered the complaint in front of me on the 7th may 2007 and requested me to collect the same from the univercell after 3 working days. I have not received any call so far from the univercell show room on the above. Still awaiting for the call.

What is the point of opening up new show rooms when the existing show rooms has not doing their service properly. There is no hospitality, customer service person was pretty rude, no revertal from the show room, they do not know how to fill in the forms, they gave two numbers both the numbers were ringing but there was no response. I suggest people not to buy handsets from the univercell show rooms as i have never had such bad experience through out my career.

Maybe the management should look into the following and give them an induction on the following:

How to speak/interact with the customers
How to attend the calls
Dedicated person to answer all the complaint calls
A  18th of May, 2007 by
Univercell is a useless dealer. They have been cheating people all the time. I have a feeling they are selling phones which are sourced from the grey market. And also i have heard that they are very bad paymasters to their suppliers. Better stay away from them and now its better to buy from genuine nokia or any other brand shops. Rather than going to cheaters.
A  4th of Aug, 2007 by
I had recently given m SE k750 phone for service and it turns out that it has got a duplicate panel and guess what i had bought the phone at univercell some 2 years back. The panels battery cover was tight from day one and joystick seemed to be very hard all the time. The panel got scratches easily and i had a very hard time with this cell phone. Now i have given it for service in have asked to change the panel completely.

Univercell is a total cheat not only is he selling the phones for a higher rate but is also sending out some duplicate handsets. there are better dealers out there who sell genuine stuff for much better rates. I would recommend that people please stay away from univercell.
A  19th of Sep, 2007 by
yes i too agree with this. Univercell is a fraud dealer who sells some useless stuff. i bought a Nokia mobile of 6300 model.within three days it created problem.When i enquired the Tnagar branch, they guided me with alwarpet phone number. when i tried to that number, no one picked.two days after i went there to place the complaint. Amazingly,The way they treated me seem to be I was disturbing them in their leisure time (10 am to 6 pm). They treated me like their servant with rude behaviors.Got angry and when i raised my voice, then only i got proper response and was told that they will take it for service only in between 10 am to 5.30 pm. and it s hard to find a time for professionals like us to use this time.
I advise you people better to stand away from such cheaters. no quality, no proper response. Its better u can purchase in Direct Nokia show rooms itself if you want.
A  8th of Oct, 2007 by
Friends, I am waiting for your guidance elan78in@yahoo.com .
A  17th of Oct, 2007 by
Recently i bought w810i model. Within two weeks, the display in that mobile gets crashed. If i go for replacement of my mobile, they are not at all ready to replace it with the new one. Totally cheat fellows. Until u buy the mobile only, the customers are important for them. Once u pay the bill, they wont even look after that. I am totally upset by this.

A  19th of Oct, 2007 by
Always don't go for Univercell! They are the cheaters!
A  5th of Dec, 2007 by
I agree!
N  11th of Dec, 2007 by
Please answer these questions ----

Q1> Do u you feel branded showrooms like (Universal/ Mobile shop) provide a better service than others?
c> May be
Q2> Which stage of life are you presently in?
a> Bachelor
b> Married but no children
c> Have children below 16 years of age
d> Have children above 16 years of age
Q3> Which salary bracket do u fall in (Rs. Per annum)?
a> (0-2) lakh
b> (2-4) lakh
c> 4 lakh and above
Q4> Do you think you get the entire variety if mobile phones in the mobile retail outlets?
c> May be
Q5>Do you think mobile outlets charge you more for the same model of phones than your local shop in your neighborhood?
c> May be

Q6>How many shops do u have in your neighborhood where u can purchase a cell phone from?

Q7> Would you buy a cell phone from a mobile retail outlet because of the ambience?
c> May be

Q8> On a scale of (1-10) how do you rate the after sales service at a mobile retail outlet? (Rate on a scale of 1lowest -10 highest)

Q9> On a scale of (1-10) how do you rate the after sales service at neighborhood shop where you can get a cell phone?

Q10> How do you think mobile retail outlets serve you?

Q11> How many time have you visited this outlet ?
A  20th of Mar, 2008 by
Universal showroom is cheaters dont buy any mobile and any accessories from that ###ers. I bought a new mobile from universal ### show room exactly it works only for 3days thats it and i requested to replace the phone but they sent me to direct nokia service centre and all this happens before 2months and still they are fixing the problem.

Dont! Dont buy the mobile from the universal they are cheating people.