United Steel Building / took money, didn't deliver building
BEWARE: UNITED STEEL BUILDING
Do not conduct business with United Steel Building. This company will take your money, and not provide any satisfactory goods or services.
I attempted to purchase a building from United Steel Building about a year ago. I sent them a set of drawings and specifications, and they sent me a price quote for this building. I paid them the required deposit of $8, 585.46 so they would provide me the final engineering drawings for the building. Since that time, I have only received a completely useless set of drawings for a building which cannot physically be built. The plans are full of obvious mistakes. For example, the measurements are inconsistent from page to page (sometimes even on the same page).
United Steel Building has requested that I pay more money because they say they bid the job wrong. I have tried to resolve this with them to no avail. At this point, United Steel Building will not return my deposit; they will not supply me with working engineering drawings, nor will they deliver the building they bid, at the price they bid it.
They have also tried to charge me an additional $5, 400 for canceling the job, which I have not done.
I live in the state of Hawaii and short of going to court in Florida (the home state of the company) I have no recourse.
I have called the Florida State Attorney General, Better Business Bureau and the Fort Lauderdale Sheriff’s office. None of these agencies were of any help.
The company’s information:
United Steel Building
2700 West Cypress Creek Rd
Ft Lauderdale, Florida, 33309
More United Steel Building Complaints & Reviews
- United Steel Building - United Steel Building Scam United Steel Bad Business Practices - Charge You a LOT MORE than initial 'Quote' or YOU LOSE ALL!!! 
- United Steel Building - Bad Business Practices/Fraud 
- United Steel Building - Fraud 
- United Steel Building - False Advertising 
- United Steel Building - scam, fraud 
- United Steel Building - Takes Your Money..... Then nothing 
- United Steel Building - Took money and got no building
- United Steel Building - Took Money did not recieve building 
- United Steel Building - Phone Harassment 
- United Steel Building - Intentional Misinformation