United Steel Building / took money, didn't deliver building

1 2700 West Cypress Creek Rd.Ft Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-448-6963

BEWARE: UNITED STEEL BUILDING

Do not conduct business with United Steel Building. This company will take your money, and not provide any satisfactory goods or services.

I attempted to purchase a building from United Steel Building about a year ago. I sent them a set of drawings and specifications, and they sent me a price quote for this building. I paid them the required deposit of $8, 585.46 so they would provide me the final engineering drawings for the building. Since that time, I have only received a completely useless set of drawings for a building which cannot physically be built. The plans are full of obvious mistakes. For example, the measurements are inconsistent from page to page (sometimes even on the same page).

United Steel Building has requested that I pay more money because they say they bid the job wrong. I have tried to resolve this with them to no avail. At this point, United Steel Building will not return my deposit; they will not supply me with working engineering drawings, nor will they deliver the building they bid, at the price they bid it.

They have also tried to charge me an additional $5, 400 for canceling the job, which I have not done.

I live in the state of Hawaii and short of going to court in Florida (the home state of the company) I have no recourse.

I have called the Florida State Attorney General, Better Business Bureau and the Fort Lauderdale Sheriff’s office. None of these agencies were of any help.

The company’s information:

United Steel Building
2700 West Cypress Creek Rd
Ft Lauderdale, Florida, 33309

Phone: [protected]
Fax: [protected]

Comments

• Bu
      11th of Apr, 2009

Dave- Sorry for your troubles, the same thing happened to me and dozens of others. Please contact me. My info is in your message board.

29th of Oct, 2009

At least Im not as big idiot as thought seems lots of others have been scamed.We sent 7500 to start and recieved as set of totaly useless drawings.Then was told to make changes and send back.Then asked to send another $10, 000 for half down and building would be started and shipped.After 2 months we finally got thru to someone.Was told building couldn't be shipped because we didnt sign some paper giving permission to start.Stupid me I thought a check for 10 grand was permission.
    After singing all documents we where told nothing would be shipped without the other half of cost.Unforfunately this is where we started to realy investigate these people and found this site.I called them and said I would hand deliver check and follow my building back to NC.Was then told they shipp from another state.My banker called and told them he would hand deliver a certified check to the driver when building was delivered.Again a no shipping till paid in full.
    we have sence contacted state attourney general, and comissioner of consumer affairs.What did we get in return"Sorry nothing we can do"

Chris M NC

3rd of Nov, 2009

Contact FBI ICU3 unit file complaint Call IRS Call 5616747070 Yankee Boy stole your money call him that is his number. File theif by taking in your state Names Mr. WilliAM kNUTE AND mR. HOWARD ZIMMERMAN ARE THE GENTLEMEN THAT GOT YOU MONEY. new web site soon

3rd of Feb, 2010

There is a reporter in Florida who is chasing these guys! Eme with THE SCOOP has apparently made some progress with getting money back for some people. She is also pursuing the individuals WILLIAM KNOTE, HOWARD ZIMMMERMAN, and others for Fraud under the FDUPTA laws. These guys need to go to jail. I was told they are currently operating another metal building company called SUPERSTEEL! Stay away from these terrible people! Here is a link to THE SCOOP http://www.v1-p.com/unitedsteel.html These guys, along with their attorney Jeffrey Berlowitz, have been deceiving folks for more than two years. I originally contracted to purchase a $37, 000 building in February of 2008 and immediately made a deposit of $15, 000 (more than required). A year later, I was still trying to take delivery of the building, and they sued me giving no legitimate reason for the lawsuit! It was their attempt to use the Broward County courts to "WIN BY DEFAULT". I am in Texas, so I was forced to hire a Florida Attorney for another $5, 000 who managed to get the case DISMISSED, but getting a building or even some portion of my deposit back never happened. I have heard that almost 50 people were victims of this scam and the Florida Attorney General Office has still not opened an "Official Investigation" as of Feb. 2nd

• Da
      3rd of Apr, 2010

I was ripped off $3500 by the crumbs at USB. Trust me...what comes around goes around. I feel so bad for all of you that have lost major amounts of money.

STEEL PRICE INCREASE
    FAKE PRINTS
    HIDING BEHIND FLORIDA'S LACK OF FRAUD LAWS
    ABSOLUTE ZERO PROFESSIONALISM
    JACK JACK JACK JACK...DO THINK ZIMMY BOY IS GONNA COVER YOUR ### WHEN IT ALL GOES DOWN?

GOLDEN RULE HUH?...UH...RE YOU SURE YOU KNOW WHAT THAT RULE ACTUALLY IS?

HAHAHAH
    DAVID AKA...'RAPED IN CT BY USB'
    EAST HAVEN, CT

• Bu
      4th of Apr, 2010

I agree. When the sh*t hits the fan, these guys are going to scramble and hide. Every man for himself. I hope the authorities don't stop at Knote & Zimmerman. Rachlin, Podlas, Alder, and Ketabi should be nailed to the wall as well. Berlowitz should be never be allowed to practice law in any state, he's a rat too.

I can comprehend ripping people off for big money, its called greed. But why work for someone and rip people off for wages only? Do you think Jack and the others were part of a profit sharing scheme? Knowing Knote & Zimmerman, I'm sure the 'staff" at USB didn't get payed very well and probably got jammed up at the end.

AG should have issued a 'cease & desist' months ago. Next, seize Willy & Howards's house and holdings, sell 'em on the open market, and almost everyone could get their money back...with damages. The rest should be considered for fraud charges as well, not just assessories...they will claim "we were only employees" without a doubt.