United Recovery Systems / wrong person

1 WV, United States Review updated:

urs continues to call me regarding an american express card i owe on, the problem is i do not have an American express card, however someone with my same name does, i explained this to them and they just do not care. i average 7 calls a day for the past 30 days and it is out of control from a mr. proctor

Comments

• Wi
      5th of Jun, 2008

Does ranting at this site really accomplish anything?
    I have ben resaerching this PIA, URS company, they senm to suck.

• Do
      21st of Aug, 2008

I just received a shock post answering my phone. A young woman identified herself as calling from this agency and proceeded to state that someone (specific name) from Florida listed me as a relative though the name of this person is no relation to my husband or myself! Being concerned with identity theft, I became very concerned about my name and phone number being given by an unknown party. The agent put the supervisor on the phone, and she explained that my name probably came up via a date pool post entering possible relatives of the unknown party.
    Both the agent and supervisor were very curteous throughout the call, but the entire incident really shook me up. For this reason I decided to google the company name. No other info was given other than my name and phone number, but that's more than enough for me!

• Je
      4th of May, 2010

Try googling your home phone number. You may be surprised at what is available.