United Recovery Systems / Harrasment and Demands when they used wrong Bank account number

I set up payment arragements for two Credit Card accounts with them, to have funds withdrawn every month from my bank account. One month two checks processed. The next month only one check processed. I then got phone calls to contact them. I contacted them and they stated I had one check returned NSF. I informed them that was not true as I had sufficent funds for the check and also no bank NSF charges were listed on my account. They then changed and stated the check had come back unable to locate. They were demanding that I immediatly Western Union the last amount and hopefully they could attempt to re set up payments instead of demanding the full amount. There also would be a fee for me to western union. I informed them that they must have processed the check wrong and that was no fault of mine, that they should correct "thier" problem, and I would not pay additional fees for a mistake on thier behalf. They needed to transfer me "to a supervisor" and after being on hold quite a long time, I was given a voice mail. I re called three times and went thru the same scenario, each time "being put thru to a supervisor" and only getting voice mail. The last non supervisor did look into the check and stated the account number was wrong that they sent to bank, but I would still need to do the western union transmit. I refused and again got supervisor voice mail.

Wa

Comments

• Ae
      21st of Apr, 2009

You have to understand that regardless of your situation they are trying to help you take care of your financial responsibilities. If they are agreeing on setting up payments, and one of the checks does not go through, take care of this whichever way possible, even if it involves a $10 fee from Western Union. After all, neither the collection agency nor your creditor is at fault that you didn't pay what you were supposed to, you are. Pay the fee and keep making your payments, even better, come up with the full amount and get it over with!