United Online Collections Division / Possible Fraud

1 PO Box 5006-BDWoodland Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-210-1700

I received a notice in the mail for a past due amount of $ 14.90 to a company that I have never heard of. I tried calling the number on the notice and was only instructed to put my requests in writing, there was no option to speak to a representative. In addtion, the email address that I was given appears to be the letter of my last name, my middle initial then my first name, I sent an email with no response.

I checked the internet and there appears to be others with the same complaints or concerns about the validity of the charges.

Please inform me if this is infact a fraudulent collections company. Thank You!

Wo

Comments

• Di
      16th of Mar, 2009

If you want to rant to a live (non ESL) person, here is United Online's Local Number in Woodland Hills - (818) 287-3000

17th of Mar, 2010

I received a notice from United Online Collections Division stating I owe $19.90 to NetZero which is bogus along with everyone else's complaint. I have typed up my letter of dispute and plan on mailing it. I too find it very odd and wrong that we can not talk to a representative. My family owned a collections company for many years, and we are entitled to speak to a rep in order to relay a verbal dispute as well. This practice from United Collections is unethical and completely against the laws of FDCPA.

• Me
      2nd of Apr, 2010

hi, my ma just got this letter saying she owes $14.95 on a past due act with no company info the phone number same as given above and the address is the same the message she got when she called the phone number it was only the recording stating she needed to write them with her personal credit card information i told her to stop what she was doing and do not reply ...i came online to find this. these "people" are obviously fake's looking to steal people's money. she's an older woman that is retired.

• Za
      3rd of May, 2010

I have had the same experience as everyone else. I have reported the collections agency to the FTC and contacted the Identity Theft Resource Center (1-888 400 5530) who have advised me about how to check my credit reports, and what to do if something does not look right. It's a pain but I suggest you all do the same or similar. If you have any other suggestions, I'd be glad to hear.