United Auto InsuranceReimbursement/Compensation

1 Review updated:

If you currently use United Auto Insurance for coverage...drop them immediately for another company. If you're shopping for insurance...don't even consider United Auto Insurance. If you're involved in an accident with someone who is insured with United Auto Insurance...save yourself a LOT of trouble and file your accident under your under/un-insured clause through YOUR OWN policy. They are a 'non-standard' insurance company which isn't much better than having NO coverage. Trust me, you'll save yourself a major headache by not even fooling with this company.

I was hit by a client of United Auto Insurance and from DAY 1 was being jerked around about getting my vehicle repaired. An incompetent, poor excuse of a human named Karen Bryan, who is a claims adjuster with United Auto Insurance, needs to look up the definition of customer service (and morals), because she doesn't have a clue about doing what is right. Not to mention she is extremely rude and cannot handle conflict over the phone.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Norcross, GAIt's been almost 2 months and I still haven't been compensated for my out-of-pocket expenses.
1st I was told that they may not even cover my truck because the driver's name could be on the excluded drivers list. Luckily it wasn't. 2nd they use a private company to appraise the damage...United Auto never actually sees the damage. 3rd I NEVER received a copy of the adjuster's claim stating what they would/wouldn't pay for. 4th they require you to pay out of pocket for a rental vehicle...because they never intend of reimbursing you 100%. They only reimburse what they THINK the expenses should be. 5th They say they will only pay for aftermarket replacement parts...even though OE parts cost LESS (seriously?).
And by the way, the person who hit me was Mexican (didn't even have a license). The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd people I talked to on the phone were all Mexican. The founder/CEO of United Auto Insurance, Richard Parrillo Sr is also Mexican...so is the Chief Operating Officer. Seems like they definitely look out for their own.

Comments

• Gm
      Dec 02, 2011

I totally agree with you. I was also assigned Karen Bryan to handle my claim. She is very disrespectful, she has a habit of cutting you off mid-sentence because she assumes she knows what you are going to say instead of listening to what the problem actually is. I am generally a pretty laid back person, but I had to raise my voice to try to get her attention and she said she doesn't have to stay on the line and listen to someone yelling at her and hung up. If she would have just shut her mouth and realized that there was another person on the phone, one who was inconvenienced by their client, I wouldn't have had to raise my voice.
    I am still waiting for resolution of out of pocket expenses as well. I was told on the phone they will reimburse up to $27.99 a day for rental expenses, and they set the claim up with Enterprise for a flat rate of $30, then turned around and only paid for $21.99. Which wouldn't have bothered me so badly if it didn't take them 6 extra days to resolve the issue with the repair shop. Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had dealing with an insurance company.
    I even tried calling corporate to talk to someone about the offices here and how rude and disrespectful they are, and was told that I had to talk to Georgia about it. I asked if there was someone at corporate that is responsible for the Georgia branch, and was told I would have to talk to Georgia. It sounds like this company is screwed up as a whole. It says on their website, that they provide in-expensive insurance with a high quality, I don't think they know what quality is. I think the only reason they haven't gone bankrupt is because they don't pay out anything.