United Auto InsuranceNo Justificaiton for Final Charges

1 Review updated:

The policy was paid thru a certain date and was cancelled one day before that. I would have assumed my girlfriend (a Cuban immigrant) would receive a small refund. However, instead she received a letter stating that she owed money and that was being sent to a collection agency. There was no statement or justification as to why she owed more money.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Miami, FL When I called United Auto, they said they don't provide that type of detail and instead referred me to page 20 of the policy. This section provided no clarification as to why there were additional charges. So they just charge anything they want, can tell me how they came up with that number and we should just pay it???

I would NEVER do business with this company. They prey on immigrants that have not alternatives on getting insurance, charge exorbitant fees to provide the minimum state required insurance and their business practices are highly questionable.

Feb 12, 2015

Comments

• Mi
      Sep 28, 2009
    Auto insurance - postal mail
    All State
    Phone: [protected]

I get some mail claiming I can save money on insurance. They show a chart on price comparisons and claim I can save over 300 dollars. I come here to read complaints, and realize, yeah, that is what I probably save now. What will I pay later? Sounds like teaser rates to me.

• Auto insurance - ILLEGALLY CANCELING MY INSURANCE
    STATE FARM-BRADLEY NASH
    FT MYERS
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN AT STATE FARM CORPORATE OFFICE.

YOUR EMPLOYEE ILLEGALLY CANCELED MY CAR INSURANCE AND SUSPENDED MY PAYMENT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

PLEASE CALL ME ASAP.SO WE CAN DISCUSS THIS MATTER.E-MAIL WONT DO IN THIS CASE.