Unishippers / Poor service

I too used to use Unishippers and had many of the same issues that are written about here, extra charges billed higher than the quoted amount and freight claims not paid because if you read the disclaimer it says freight is insured for much less than the industry standard of $20.00 per lb. that's why their rates are low.

I switched to TransLogistics Transportation a medium sized broker based in San Diego, CA. These guys really know their stuff when it comes to freight transport.

They have comparable rates with full coverage insurance and are a very friendly customer driven company.

TransLogistics Transportation

www.TransLogistics.biz

Va

Comments

• Co
      14th of Aug, 2008

Agree completely- I used to actually get great service, but my issues continued to grow. I recently started using Access America Transport. The online system is the same, but I think they are all company owned and seem to have their act together on LTL and even better they move truckload freight (Unishippers was only LTL). I suggest give them a call if you are looking for help.

29th of Oct, 2008

We had fallen prey to the Unishippers Inc marketing scheme, we hope you don't fall into the same trap. Unishippers markets themselves as a competitive freight / shipping / brokerage company. They give you access to a website where you can obtain 4 or 5 quotes from national LTL freight carriers. After 'you' provide the weight, class, and NMFC Numbers, (note how you have to enter all the proper codes, weight, class and shipping info), Unishippers will turn right around, usually 30 to 40 days after delivery and will either reclassify, reweigh or rebill you for up to Two times the original quote they provide on their "FreightManager.com" web site.

To summarize, Unishippers expects you their customer to get their own freight quote, agree to the Unishipper's Terms, they will bill you, then they will summarily "RECHARGE" you for additional overages, revoke your discount and double "INVOICE" you for the freight shipment you set up and were 'BID" to by Unishippers online site. Further, UNISHIPPERS will bid you a price, however will in most cases revoke the bid price and up charge the invoice for some random reason. AVOID UNISHIPPERS

• Ro
      17th of Nov, 2008

Not sure what Franchise, you used. We have worked with the DC office for years and they always fight for us on reweighs and reclassess.

You may have got a bad office

• Mi
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Unishippers started padding the invoices a few weeks after I started using their service. They claimed that the weight was off, the dimensions were wrong, etc...etc... I called them and my rep said to pay the quote amount and that he would look into the charges. This started last July and eneded by me when there were 4 such charges to my company. The rep did not return my calls and emails. I started getting phone calls from them and after explaining for the 10th time and sending them proof that they were wrong, I finally said "ENUFF" Now I have a collection agency that claims an amount 3 times greater than our dispute.
    Unishippers has closed my access to their website and refuse to give me the original quotes. I never saved them because I never expected this to happen.
    Here is an email I just received from the collectors:

Happy Holidays seems as though you will be starting the New Year off on a good note! lol --- Erika Roy
    Is this a treat or harassment??

• Ms
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Just a heads Up. Unishippers doesn't reclass or reweigh your freight it is the carrier. The reason they ask for the NMFC codes is so your freight doesn't get reclassed. Unishippers, simply bills what the carrier bills us. So, all of you out there are putting your blame in the wrong place. Do you think that a company wants to loose customers and make it's customers angry for a few bucks? They tell you that you are using them for pricing, billing, and customer service. If you gave them the chance to fight for you they will. My rep does.

• Mi
      13th of Apr, 2009

Sounds like UniShippers has infiltrated this stream. As I stated before "The rep didn't return my calls" after the spike in the invoices started. It might be the freight company that jacks up the price but it is Unishippers that generates the bogus price to get you to use their company. The prices that my invoices showed were almost twice as high as I was paying Danzas (DHL) or UPS freight. I understand that they are a franchise but they all eat from the same pot. As a note: The low prices Unishippers quotes will be honored for the first few shipments and the BAM. Here again is the lovely email I received from their collection agency. I’M SIMPLY STATING THE FACTS. I’M SORRY IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT!!! SEE YOU IN COURT, ALSO BE ADVISED THAT I AM IN THE PROCESS OF FILING A 1099 WITH THE IRS AGAINST YOUR COMPANY. YOU HAVE BENEFITED FROM THE GOODS/SERVICES OF MY CLIENT WITHOUT PAYING FOR THEM AND THAT IS “STEALING”. TOO BAD YOU HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO DEAL WITH ME….I’M SURE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH UNCLE SAM WILL BE MUCH MOR5E PLEASANT. ENJOY BEING AUDITED!!! After telling them that I will gladly see them in court with all my quotes and receipts they had the nerve to call me again about a month later and the guy that called acted like he knew nothing about the matter and wanted me to FAX the proof again... As I said before ENUFF.

• Un
      22nd of May, 2009

I don't care what any of you guys think... UNISHIPPERS is awsome... They have always done what I asked... also the people who are complaining about having to do most of the work are crazy... You want it shipped so do what you need to do.

• Iv
      30th of May, 2009

so mathanael, got any other company in mind to use instead, maybe the one you work for. why is it your the only one out of thousands thats complaining, with all the accounts they have out there why is this the only blog thats neg. about unshippers

• Tc
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Unishippers rates are just ok. My company swithched to Blue Grace Logistics. They do everything small package, ltl, ocean, truckload, airfreight etc.

• Th
      1st of Oct, 2009

sounds like another commercial for Blue Grace lol, TC35555 which office do you work for.

3rd of Sep, 2010

Last Scheduled Registration Date: 2010-06-01
    Registration Due to Status Change: 2009-09-21
    Date of Photograph: 2010-06-11
    Date of Initial Registration: 2000-08-03

I didn't know when I started working for blue Grace Logistics that the owner of the Greenville, SC and Atlanta GA territories was a sex offender. Two days after I started owrkign there Joe told me that he split with his girlfriend and asked if I needed to earn some extra cash. I said yeah. he said if I'd come by a few days a week and clean his house he'd pay me extra. He never did. He tried to get me to sleep with him several times. He hired me as an adminstrative assistant. Then he tried to get me to run errands clean his house and other things. When I told himt hat I wanted more money he told me to find a new job. He never paid his sales people their comission. he told a handicapped employee that she could park in the spot next to the building because it was reserved for himself and his operations manager. He drinks on the job. i have watched him go in the system after a shipment is booked and cahnge the price so the customer pays more than what was quoted to them. This man is a con-artist and a criminal. Never work for him. He'll screw you over.

• Ig
      14th of Sep, 2010

UNISHIPPERS FRANCHISE TO AVOID: ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH INDIANAPOLIS, CLEVELAND, CINCINNATI, COLUMBUS, BOISE!!! BEWARE, THIS FRANCHISE OFFERS EXTRMELY POOR SERVICE AND RIPS PEOPLE OFF BLIND!!! YOU CAN SECURE EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE RATES AND SUPERIOR SERVICE WITH WORLDWIDE FOR UPS SHIPMENT.

THESE PEOPLE ARE BENDING THE PUBLIC OVER AND RAMMING IT IN TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK!!! WORLDWIDE OWNS 90% MARKET SHARE OF UPS BUSINESS IN THESE REGIONS FOR A REASON!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE JOKERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Ho
      22nd of Sep, 2010

Very poor service I have had more things reclassed and reweighted with them then any other company we have used.
    They were no help in getting things resovled. Their invoicing is poor too. Also the sales people border on harrassment .
    I have used a few companies like them and they are the worst.

• Ls
      3rd of Aug, 2012

I am still in a 1 year battle over damaged goods that were shipped via Unishippers. They refused to contact their carrier for the claim, their carrier would not deal with us regarding the claim because technically we did not hire them. In the meantime, we had to replace the $3, 000.00+ goods that were damaged with our client. Unishippers had the nerve to chase us for payment of this freight! We had to tolerate bad language, threats, harassing phone calls even to our homes. They illegally used Caller ID changing applications to harass us. They even harassed our client ... a large international Beverage Co. Just today, I have received another call from a faux lawyer threatening small claims court ... and that ... "even" if we win, we will lose money. Really? I have already lost over $3, 000.00. Unishippers feels their company should be paid for bad service not only in their freight decisions, but also miserable customer service. Sadly they really have not taken into account how much business they lost over this. I tell everyone I know in the trade ... stay away from Unishippers. They have no control over their franchise groups, and they do not follow up with their carriers, and do not support or help their clients. Better to spend the extra $ with a more reliable service!

7th of Sep, 2013

I had a bad experience with Unishippers also. I had a load which came from just Dallas to Houston and they lost 3 pallets through R&L Carrier they used. After 3 days they found 2 pallets, but 1 was empty. They never found the 3rd pallet which was the main pallet and i almost lost $15000. Tried to put a claim through which Unishippers didnt assist me at all. Finally switched to another company.

• Re
      19th of May, 2014

These guys are terrible. We had a shipment into Canada that our customer called while the merchandise was in transit and needed to reroute. We emailed our rep who sent our request to a different office. We emailed the final shipping instructions with the correct address and shipping information and received a confirmation that the changes were received and that it would be taken care of. The pieces delivered to an incorrect address and even though we were being billed for inside delivery, the driver refused to perform the inside delivery and had women unloading the truck, and it just got worse from there. In the end they wanted to split the cost of the shipment with us which was unacceptable considering what a fiasco they made of the shipment!! If you are looking for a broker to partner with to move your shipments and stand behind their service and the products they offer, DO NOT USE UNISHIPPERS!!! Wish I would have done some research before starting with them, would have never even started the relationship.

• Is
      13th of Apr, 2015

We recently shipped with Unishippers as well. Terrible service. They charged the quoted amount, but then added extra delivery charges because of a "residence" on site. They sent phony pictures from Google Earth, showing another property 1/4 mile up the road and claimed we had an unpaved driveway. If they can't even find the right address online, how can they prove it is a residence. The point is, there is no residence and they should back the customer forget the extra $50.00. Making a customer happy is worth $50 in the long run. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Jj
      2nd of Jul, 2015

Very poor customer service. Same story as most above. Adjustments to weight/density class, etc. well after shipment is complete and evidence is no longer available to dispute. As their customer, they should advocate for me with freight carriers. They do NOT.

• Ab
      8th of Sep, 2015

Miserable, rude Customer Service that has no interest in providing any customer support. Tried to use them to make a shipment. Told me that my account was in collections. I was surprised as I had no invoice due. Called back and was told my account had a zero balance and was up to date. When I tried to talk with freight to find out why shipment was rejected, original person came on line and told me that there was another linked account and I had to call the collections "lawyer" for any information. When I asked for the supposed invoice number in collections was told that they could not talk to me. Asking for supervisor, yielded response: "I am the supervisor and cannot waste my time talking to you."
    We will not be bothering their customer service in the future; suggest all customers take the same approach... don't bother them when you want to make a shipment; it's very inconvenient for their "customer service" operation!

• We
      21st of Oct, 2015

Unishipper is the worsest freight broker we've ever cooperated. They are making money by cheating their customers. They offered low quote to attract new customers, but the final bills will much more than a surprise to you, it could be double the quote without any reasonable explanation. Their bills price is almost double the market price in terms of liftgate delivery, residential delivery etc. If you try to argue with them and pending the payment, they will just simply add late payment fee everyday and finally send you an email to threaten you. Horrible customer service and greedy way for making money. We really hope they disappear from the market as soon as possible. Cross our fingers.