Unified Services / Scam, scam, scam!

Beware of this company - UNIFIED SERVICES! These people call my house every other day this past week wanting me to accept their $1000 on-line free coupons with 3 days to a trip to hell.

I told each rep that called me that I was not interested, and to take me off their phone list, and that I am on a Do Not Call list.

Well this morning was the last straw. I had "Jim" from UNIFIED SERVICES calling me from somewhere in Nevada with a number of 775.678.5678 (which by the way if you call that number it's a dummy number - I talked to an Verizon Operator about this and she told me that it's telemarketing's way of getting around the caller id's and the Do Not Call list) - any - so "Jim" was making his little scam speech deal to me over the phone with his Indian accent (I take it this place is actually in India not Nevada), and I told "Jim" that I wanted to speak to his Supervisor. I was very polite and friendly with Jim, and Jim was puzzled and asked why??? I said (lying to a scammer) that I wanted to let his Supervisor know that he was very polite and nice and doing an excellent job. So Jim took the bait, and got Jean Seaford (another Indian accent) his Supervisor on the phone. The tone in my voice was not nice. I explained to Jean (if that's her real name) that I did not appreciate the fact that I had 3 prior calls from UNIFIED SERVICES, and told each one not to call me and take me off the phone list. Then I continued to tell Ms. Seaford that I had her name, the company's name, Jim's name, the other Rep's name - the reason for the call and was going to report them to the FCC about this scam.

All Ms Seaford could do was apologize to me and "God Blessing Me" and told me that they would not call me again. Well, we'll see on Monday or Tuesday -

Please people don't give out your account numbers over the phone, there are SCAMMERS from the scam of the Earth wanting' your money! Be careful!

Comments

14th of Apr, 2007
    Unified Services - Trying to get checking account information

1-866-904-7796. I think this company calls you and try to get you to give them your checking account information and promise your a three day trip and shopping spree for $1000.00 and all you are required to do is pay $1.99 for the shipping and handling. I think they should not be allowed to call people get their information and try to make them feel that you are getting something for nothing.

• Ka
      20th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Pressure for my bank acct info

I received a call from this company informing me that I had won a $1000 internet shopping free and a vacation package with their company. He told me he needed $1.95 for shipping and handling, I told him I was not going to give them a credit card number. Then he assured me that he didn't want my credit card info. Finally at the end of a very long call, he asked for me to write a check to his company. When I told him to send the paperwork first he assured me that I could hold the check but then started asking for the bank name, check number, and account number. I didn't give the account number and ended the call. BEWARE of these calls they are definitely after your banking info so they can electronically withdraw funds from you.

• Do
      30th of Apr, 2007
    Unified Services - I'm going after them!

Today I received my letter from "Unified Services" informing me that my "request" for "refund" is "DENIED". Surprise, Surprise! I was expecting a fight and I am going to give them one! I have contacted the "Attorney General" here in Minnesota and I am considering call the "News Tip Line". I firmly believe that these people have NO MORALS and certainly have NO Idea of what Customer Service is!

Therefore, I am taking a stand against these types of companies and there "Quick Talk" tactics by people who you do not understand quite clearly! Very convenient! I am tired of people trying to sell us things over the phone! If we wanted ANYTHING from Unified Services, then we will call them!

I am curious how many people out there are stuck with some junk they do not want from this group? If possible, please indicate. I am very interested in what happened to others with these creeps!

The "So Called" Customer Service telephone numbers are: Las Vegas # 702-448-8937 (Derek)
    Utah #435-986-0327

• Tr
      2nd of May, 2007

This evening I was called by an unknown number the y promised me a $1000 online gift card and a 3 day 2 night trip if i gave them my bank name and they would give me my routing number.. I refused and he threatened me.. I told him I would send a money order, he fought me saying I would have to pay $5 instead of 1.97 and that was not possible and why would I pay more. They don't ask for your account number just the name of your bank... but assure you will only be charged 1.97 for shipping after you sign an authorization from your bank... BULL CRAP! I didn't give it to him.. he had me on the line for 45 minutes then I started looking for stuff on the internet about them and found out people are being scammed... I got past this one and I hope anyone else they call gets on the net and figures out the game before they get scammed.

2nd of May, 2007

Robert W.

We discovered your complaint posted on 4/28/2007 regarding our services. We would appreciate the opportunity to respond to your complaint.

While indeed we do contact individuals via phone about our amazing package which includes a free Internet Shopping Spree and complimentary 2 day, 3 night vacation. Additionally, we offer three fantastic trial services including a very affordable calling card, inexpensive high-speed dial-up Internet service, and the amazing Ultra Thermo Boost 2000 dietary supplement.

The terms of our offer are clear and understandable and we take every precaution to ensure that the individuals we call understand the terms of our services. While these steps are taken, occasional mistakes do occur. We work diligently to correct these mistakes and ensure that our customers are happy. I believe you will find the same when you read our responses to customer complaints on this website.

While you won't be receiving calls from us any longer, we do believe that if you had tried our services, you would agree that, dollar for dollar, they are indeed a great deal.

• Il
      5th of May, 2007
    Unified Services - Warning to all!

this call is not real. an offer for a free 3 day 2 night package plus a $1000 dollar shopping free is all. scam. while looking up information it has been found that these telemarketers use some tactic to make there phone number appear as if they are calling from the United States. but based on studying the caller, I believe they seem to call from somewhere out in India. they request for bank account number. I strongly urge not to provide such information. also, do to the ways of approving such transfer all they need is a "yes" answer from the person receiving the call. for defense in a court hearing, they will manipulate the recorded call to be used in their favor.

I received the caller's name as Valerie Johnson employee number 1702. I also received a customer service number: 1 866 904 7796. I will not contact this number and request any higher authority to verify any information I have provided as true or false. Onced I answered the phone I was not given any name to whom the company wanted to speak to and based to the information provided by this Valerie, could only assume that the call was for me.
    how to get refund:

"EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: “we could not do anything for you” or “you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days”.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on ComplaintBoard.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form. "

Suhas - Arlington Heights, Illinois
    U.S.A.

Message to Unified Services: do not try to fight this for I am under the age of 18. if any word gets out, you just made telemarketing to an underaged person which I believe is illegal in the United States or else the caller would not have asked during call. all numbers have been traced and revealed your true location and official number thanks to someone who went undercover into the company which is not registered nor licensed. this is not officially proven as correct and is only a rumor. so for your sake, hope this information provided about your company is incorrect and has not accidentally been released to the media Sunday May 06, 2007.

• Ra
      5th of May, 2007

I also received a call from Unified Services today who reiterated over and over that this wasn't a sales call. My caller was named Max Johnson from Nevada (yeah right). I was given the same spill about how I won this great prize and only had to send them $1.95. Like others, I told him I would send a money order but no personal checks. He kept explaining why I could not do that (although I could not understand what he was saying). In the end, I asked him no to call me anymore and that I did not want to win. So, my question to Jared is "If your company is legit, why won't they take a money order?".

• To
      9th of May, 2007
    Unified Services - Free Government Grants is a scam!

This company has called me 6 times now in two days. All the callers are Indian and claim they are giving Free $5,000.00 Government Grants that you never have to pay back.

I have requested all of them to take me off their list and to discontinue calling my cell phone. I managed to get a good phone number from them.

866-904-7796. This company reps many products, all of which I expect are scams. There must be a way to report these people legally but I'm not sure how.

Doreen,

We came upon your complaint posted on the website www.ComplaintsBoard.com. We would appreciate the opportunity to respond to the allegations you made toward our company’s business practices.

As we stated in the previous letter we sent you, our records indicate that you agreed to pay shipping and handling fees to receive certificates and trial product information on 3/29/07. You agreed to our three amazing trial offers which include: high speed dial-up Internet which can be accessed at over 10,000 locations nationwide; unlimited long-distance calling card which can be used from any touchtone telephone; and our herbal weight-loss supplement containing the natural, safe ingredient, Hoodia. We processed your our order on 4/2/07 and a welcome letter was mailed to 18585 Lillehei Ave., the address given by you in the taped verification of your order.

In your post you claim that we have “no morals” but in reviewing your account history it has been filled with notes from our customer service department regarding your abusive behavior towards them. Further, several of our customer service representatives have reported you using foul language and yelling at them and leaving message after message containing foul language. Our customer service representatives are not required to endure verbal abuse from our customers.

All of our sales are recorded and verified by a third-party verification company and during this recorded verification, the terms of our offer are clearly stated. Additionally, when you agreed to our products and services, we directly communicated our contact information to you, including our toll-free number through which to cancel.

Our offer states that if you do not call to cancel within the 10- day cancellation period, you will be charged the monthly fee for each of the three trial offers you agreed to. We personally reviewed the recorded voice verification (Verification #986938), and confirmed that you did, in fact, agree to subscribe to pay for the products and services if you did not cancel within the trial period. We also assisted you in reviewing the recording so that you could verify for yourself that you were in agreement with the terms of the offer.

Our records indicate that you called to cancel on 4/19/07, several days after your 10-day trial period had expired. Therefore, by the time you called to cancel, your account had already been debited according to the terms to which you agreed.

In your post you claim that we use ““quick talk” tactics by people who you do not understand quite clearly.” You were under no obligation to agree to our offers. You agreed of your own free will. It stands to reason if you could not understand what our sales representative was saying then you should not have agreed to the service. You could have also asked additional questions to obtain a more clear understanding, but you did neither of these. Additionally, during the recorded verification, the trial offers to which you agreed were clearly explained by a woman from America, speaking VERY clear English.

Because you accepted the offer and neglected to call and cancel within the 10-day cancellation period, we debited your account according to the terms to which you agreed. When you called in to our company to seek a refund you were continually abusive. After we reviewed your account it was clear that you did not qualify for a refund because you simply neglected to cancel your account on time.

Unified Services is dedicated to customer satisfaction. We provide excellent customer service and our products are of exceptional quality and value and are provided at a low cost. Because of our commitment to customer satisfaction, we have decided to issue you a full refund. We hope that with this action, your complaints and or concerns will be satisfied and that you will consider this matter closed.

Michelle (Badge #1006)
    Refunds Manager,

Ilu,

We discovered your complaint posted on 5/5/2007 regarding our services. We would appreciate the opportunity to respond to your complaint.

Suhas,

As you are aware, we are making every effort to reconcile your account. We have received your information from /URL removed/ and will be contacting your shortly.

Regarding your the "underage" issue: we take every precaution to verify that all of our customers are of legal age; however, mistakes do happen. If such an error is brought to light, we will gladly fix it. As previously mentioned, all verifications ARE recorded. IF a person verifies they are 18 years of age (as you must have during your call as it continued past that point of verification), we can do nothing about it.

Regarding your claims of an "undercover" person coming to our offices. Simply put, no such thing has happened and ALL such claims are patently false. Additionally, we are in fact licensed to do business as we are required to be. Again, any claims to the contrary are pure rumor and speculation.

Quality Control

Todd,

We discovered your complaint posted on 5/9/2007 regarding our services. We would appreciate the opportunity to respond to your complaint.

We operate legally and none of the products we promote are "scams." If you had signed up, you would have received a package from us a short time later.

11th of May, 2007
    Unified Services - Vulgarity

On 5/7/07 I received a call telling me I had won a $1000.00 shopping trip and a 3 day vacation. All it was going to cost me was $1.95 shipping. Requiring my bank information. I nicely told him I was not going to give him that information. He said F you and hung up. Again this morning another call same company same winnings I told him i had already received a call from them and was about to tell the about the last call but he slammed the phone down in my ear. This is my cell phone and I want it to stop. Thank you for your time

• Ka
      11th of May, 2007

This morning I received a Phone call from this Indian guy saying that I won a $1000 shopping spree and 3days and 2nights to a destination of my choice to eather Hawai, Las Vegas or Atlanta Georgia...So I asked what was the catch and he said there was no catch and then went on asking me if I have ever filed for Bankruptcy which I replied no... Then he said he needed to make sure I was the right party he was speaking to and told me my name and address... Then he said he needed my account number from my checking account which then I asked for what he needed that for then he said he needed that info to deposit my price to my account!! yeah right!!... I told him that I will not give him that information since I did not feel comfortable to tell him that over the phone then he assured me that there is no way my bank will allow them to take anything from my account without my saying so... then he even gave me his company name UNIFIED SERVICES & they Customer service desk # 1-866-904-7796 and when I asked him to repeat it to make sure I got the number right he ignored my question and asked me for my account # again which then I got annoyed and told him I wanted to call the number 1st before giving him that information which by then he got really mad and rude So I hung up on him!!!

This people need to be stopped I knew from the beginning this was a scam because 1st of all if you win something they don't need that information from you and they would send you a check or come by your house with the prize!!! And after I hung on this scammers I called my bank to make sure they can't get to my account which the bank said no only if I've had given them that information!!! Which good thing I did not!!! But I'm sure many people who don't know better and are too trusting with people fall this kind of scams and they really need to be stopped they need to make a law to stop this kind of scams for ever to happen!!!

• Ji
      16th of May, 2007

The same thing that happened to me with this company recently. In order to rectify it I made several calls to Derek #ID 60 and complained of the same thing. For $149 the services are free Hoodia, phone services and internet services in which I have no need for any of these. Note the word "free".

I sent a fax to the refund department last week explaining that I had never received any of these items, I had no need for them and that when called initially for a product I NEVER received I kept telling Byron over and over again that I had been ill, could not stay on the phone and I felt as if I were being hounded by their company.

The refund department has sent me a rejection letter which I have NOT received stating why they could not make a refund. The sales pitch was relentless, in spite of having told the guy over and over again I had been ill.

So I called AGAIN and spoke to Derek ID#60 today May 16 and was told that he understood but that they would not refund the money taken from my account. He was polite and I told him that the matter was NOT closed, to paraphrase Michelle's words. I believe he did everything he could to facilitate a refund but has no authority over the Refund Department. Again, I have still to receive a package from them let alone a letter asking for cancellation, as well as a rejection letter for a refund. It seems to me that they are really fast to separate you from your money but very reluctant to return it to you when asked, let alone provide you with services that you paid for. Come on, these are unfair business practices and meant to prey on people. Little wonder why people are so fed up with telemarketers.

• Do

Dear Michelle,

In response to your lengthy entry, I realized you felt the need to stretch the TRUTH to try discredit my DISSATISFACTION with the way your company deals with Customer Service (or the LACK thereof).
    The way I read all the entries regarding your company, it is obvious many of us are NOT happy with the sales tactics used. In fact, a person does NOT even KNOW that they may have purchased ANY products.

Regarding my SO CALLED vulgarity, I beg to differ. I will ADMIT that I was EXTREMELY UPSET when I saw $149.80 was taken from my bank account when I was PROMISED by your employee MAX JOHNSON (not real name I believe) "we are NOT authorized to deduct ANY MORE than $1.95.

This is where I feel I had been taken advantage from. Hence my ANGER!!!

However, I know I was very angry and let ALL of you know it each time I left a message and I APOLOGIZE for my wrath. I also APOLOGIZED for my wrath towards those Customer Service Reps that I spoke to personally, Derek and Yvette asked them to accept my apology. Again though, my behavior is NOT in question here. Hopefully, this whole ordeal will have taught ALL of us something!

By the way, Thank You for agreeing to refund my money. Although I have NOT received my refund, I anticipate that your company will, in GOOD FAITH, follow through.

Doreen Smith

• Dh
      23rd of May, 2007

OMG!!! Those S.O.B's called me like just right now, and since i was right in front of my computer, I googled-it as I was speaking to the heavily-accented man. I told them I was underage, which I am not, so that they wouldn't call but they just asked when it would be a good time to call when other people are around. Ugh, those a-holes, they're just punks who want to scam you. Any way, this isn't the first time this has happened. About a year ago, one of those s. o. b's called and argued with me saying that it wasn't a sales call. I asked them where they were located and told them I would go pick it up personally, and they hung up. Hmmm, a- holes!!!

• He
      23rd of May, 2007

Okay, I am so glad I googled this company, because I just received my 3rd phone call from this jerk with the accent, (the same one everyone mentions), and not only would he not take no for an answer, but he was extremely rude and talked to me as if I was a child who could not comprehend what he was offering me. I told him I understood perfectly, and why couldn't he understand that I would not, under any circumstances, give him my checking account number. He got very irritated with me, and for some strange reason, I don't think this is the last I will hear from him. I had to hang up because he wouldn't "hear" me. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to say to get them off my back? I don't have caller ID, so I can't really avoid answering.

• Ca
      24th of May, 2007
    Unified Services - Deceptive business practices!

I received a called from a man who said his name was Kevin Thomas, this was the first lie, because I could barely understand anything he said, he told me I had won an free trip and a $1000.00 shopping spree, he explained everything and said the only thing I would have to pay would be $1.95 shipping and handling fee. Kevin, then asked if I had a check book handy, I said No, he said no problem, I'm sure you know your account number, again I said No, the next thing he said I will hold while you go get your bank statement, I then said I'm at work and do not have that information with me, he was very pushy, I had enough and hung up.

• Vi
      29th of May, 2007

Yes...pushy and rude would describe these people. I got a call months ago in which I told them very politely that I was not interested in anything they had to offer, to please not waste any of my time, and to please take my name and number of their call list. Got a call earlier today, told them I had asked to be taken off their call list... and what do I get??? An apology!!! But yet, he still tries to "offer" me these "great prizes". What nerve!!!

Just like last time... I had to hang up the phone!!! There has to be something done against these people. It seems most of us on this site have internet available. I wonder, what happens to those people who really have no resources available to file a complaint or have their voice, their story shared???

And "JARED", if that even is your name, your responses are so automated and full of BS. And if you really are a customer service rep or whatever... PLEASE TAKE MY NAME AND NUMBER OFF YOU LIST!!! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH YOUR [censored]ING SCAMS!!! GET A REAL JOB!!!... THANK YOU!