Unicorn Financial Services / Exorbitant fee for pay by phone!

1 FL, United States

I had to have emergency dental work and was hot with a large bill. The dentist said, "no worry." I have a finance company that will finance the bill for six months with 0 percent interest. Great! I sign the application and left the office. Almost before I got home the bill from Unicorn was waiting in my mailbox. Almost said! It said that my payment was due in 21 days. As I had to go out of the country I thought I would pay online when I got home. Well the fact that this company does not have the capability to pay online tells you that they are not very credible or lack serious technology in the society we live today. I called them and asked about a telephone payment. The "nice" lady said, Sure, it is an additional $24.95!!! I said, "Wait, it doesn't say that any where on your statement." I was told that I was correct but that it was on the original agreement I turned into the dentist. I don't ever recall receiving a copy! I was given the option of mailing the payment and have it be late and face a $39,00 late fee plus cancellation of he 0% interest or pay the $24.95 phone payment. I would be glad to join a class action suit for unfair practices.