Ultimate Finding Company / Timeshare scam

1 England, Norfolk, United Kingdom Review updated:

The Ultimate Finding Company. This company is based in Nerja, Spain & if you have a timeshare to sell offers to handle the sale for you in return for a payment of 1200 euros which you are told will be refunded on completion of sale. This is apparently to make sure you don`t back out of the contract. How they obtain phone numbers etc is anyone`s guess. The payment I gather from looking at various other consumer websites (www.consumer forum is a good one) is for marketing purposes. Regretably I fell for it & am now trying to get my money refunded through my credit card company. So Beware . If you have a timeshare to sell and are contacted by the Ultimate Finding Company based in Spain (I don`t think they have any premises in the UK) hang up on them immediatly.

Comments

• J1
      8th of Mar, 2010

Hello, we were part of a scam by Ultimate Finding Company based in Nerja Spain. It was not a time share but a purchase of a holiday club membership called Principle Travel. Nothing they promised has been delivered on. We are trying to get our money back and also warn other people. We are not able to find out the names of any one senior in the Company. Does any one know this? and has any one had any luck in filing a complaint with local authorites in Spain or getting their money back?

• Co
      8th of Apr, 2010

had a call today from Ultimate Finding Com pany - they say they have a buyer for our holiday membership. The persons name I have is Victoria Stott - telephone number 08712445178

8th of Apr, 2010

Hi, thanks and please be very cautious.

9th of Apr, 2010

I was 'cold contacted' by June Clark, (ULFC) on 30 March, interested in Selling my Timeshare for me. I have been using a US Company for past 13 months, trying to sell 2 weeks in Florida. On Tuesday 6 April, I had a call saying they had a buyer, and wanted me to confirm details and accept the offer. The number for contacting them was through to 'Ultimate Finding Company, England'.

They claim to want no commission from me just a Bank Account number / sort code to deposit half the amount, and then I post them to deeds within 48 hrs, and they will then deposit the rest within 14 days. When I started asking questions about where they were based, and was the buyer in the UK, and they had they got a buyer so quickly, the answers were vauge and I heard no more from them.

11th of Apr, 2010

Have nothing to do with this. Whatever you do, DO NOT give them any of your bank account/CC details. May I suggest contacting a firm called Mason, Goodwin & Lisco on 0203 3555028. Look them up on GOOGLE. They are currently taking over legal liability of our timeshare in Spain & also our interest in a company called Diamond Resorts. They have charged me £400 for a letter of Absolvement but this removes all further legal liability for management charges etc. I found them most helpful. Give them a call!

Thanks

11th of Apr, 2010

Your welcome. let me know how you get on!

11th of Apr, 2010

Here is a site would be worth checking out. www.rdo.org

Some info from the site:

RDO TURNS UP THE HEAT ON RESALE AND HOLIDAY CLUB FRAUDSTERS

Brussels 29th March 2010 - As part on an ongoing campaign to help stamp out fraudulent practices targeted at timeshare owners, RDO (Resort Development Organisation), the trade body for timeshare and fractional ownership, is calling for consumers to come forward with their complaints.

Of particular interest are complaints from people who have been invited to a presentation either to discuss ways in which to dispose of their timeshare or to join a class action scheme, but are then persuaded to sign up to membership of a holiday club of which they had no former knowledge. A deposit is frequently taken and if no cooling off period is provided, which is frequently the case, consumers may lose significant sums of money.

The evidence that RDO builds up through this campaign will be presented to the enforcement authorities in both the UK and Spain to enable them to take decisive and hard-hitting action, putting a stop to the distress caused to people who have been misled by this type of activity.

Over the course of the last few years the number of consumers coming to RDO with allegations of fraud has steadily increased and its enforcement programme, which is headed up by a former Spanish police inspector, is more important than ever, with significant sums of money being invested into a pan-European programme.

Richard McIntosh, the Organisation’s chairman, adds, “Members of the public should always check with RDO if they are approached by a company they are unsure of and should walk away if they are asked to sign a contact which does not give them the right to withdraw

• Br
      15th of Apr, 2010

I currently have a club class consiege holiday plan which i keep getting phone calls do i want to sell, only, when you say yes they so say have a buyer mine was called Mr Owen who wanted to buy mine for £5, 250 only snag i have to pay 600 euros using my credit card as an assurity, when i suggest they deduct 600 euro from the £5, 250, they said Mr Owen couldnt do the assurity with his own money, well i cant risk losing 600 euro either

Let me know what you think thnx Bridget

• Br
      16th of Apr, 2010

had another telephone call this morning from ultimate findings this time an office in spain, told her id found this website, said i would go thro with the sale if they write to me on headed letter paper give me the address and telephone number of the client wishing to give me 5, 20 quid and provide themselves with a solicitor and i would show all this info to my solicitor, the my solicitor could pay them 600 euro when he recieves sight of the 5, 250, lets see what comes of that but they are phoning quite regularly, really trying to get my money, oh and i told them about this site also

Bridget

16th of Apr, 2010

If they keep phoning keep repeating to them what you have mentioned above. Whatever you do don`t pay anything up front. If they persist say that you will initiate legal action against them for harassment. See my above comment about contacting Mason, Goodwin & Lisco. Just because UFC are based in Spain doesn`t mean that legal action cannot be taken against them in the UK.

• Se
      19th of Apr, 2010

We have recently been called by Goodwin Mason & Lisco who will act on our behalf (although they are not lawyers or solicitors) to absolve us from our timeshare ownership and therefore maintenance, for a fee of £400. As we have been cold called in the past by many other companies (whose names have appeared on various timeshare scam forums) who claim to be able to take our timeshare off our hands by varying methods, we have been very cautious about handing money over until we have investigated them thoroughly. I see that you (T Hartstone) make favourable comments about them, could you enlighten us a little more on their authenticity please?
    Thanks.

1st of Jun, 2010

I was contacted by Ultimate Finding Company in October last year and really stupid of me paid our 1, 690 euros then they said the sale fell through but would re-advertise, I was then contacted my Excalibur marketing who they said were the corparate end of Ultimate and that a company had offfered to buy our holiday at SAS Radison Golden Sands in Malta and they would let the weeks out and it was guaranteed and could i just pay some more money stupidly i did and they said the individuals had not turned up at the notary, I said it was supposed to be a company and they said oh no that Full Circle Holidays had bought it and were trying to sell it on for us so i am now trying to get my money back from the credit card company under section 75 of the consumer credit card act. I should have told my family what was going on as it was them who checked the internet for me how stupid i have been

22nd of Jun, 2010

We have just been done! It looks like the same company and they now seem to be calling themselves Millenium Marketing Group. Although when we checked with our credit card company they said it was the Ultimate Finding Group. Please please do not give them any money up front. I have also been given different names, Amanda Wilson and Stephanie Williams in the "legal Dept"!!! The number they gave is also slightly different 0871 244 5184. Hope this helps anyone else who gets cold called by this company. Hopefully my mum will be able to claim her money back!

• Ae
      10th of Jul, 2010

Thank you for all your warnings- We have been contacted by one Sarah Evans from Millenium Marketing telling us that they had found a buyer for our timeshare. This would involve the client paying a deposit of £2000 which would be held as a deposit of by the company. The company then ask for a holding fee £990 payable by credit card and the rest of the money would be then deposited in our account and title deeds collected by courier service. Following a 'successful transaction' the holding fee would be returned. It all sounded too good to be true so I thought I would check them out. Thanks for the tip off

10th of Aug, 2010

I too was contacted by Sarah Evens (Millenium Marketing) asking for €1195 which would only be taken 'on account' by the credit card and we would receive £5, 000 for an Essential Travel membership we bough 4 years ago. Same as Aessa the holding fee would be refunded following a 'successful transaction' and we also would get 50% up front and 50% once title deeds collected by UPS. So pay some crooks €1195 to have your bank account details! Hope Sarah (or whatever her name is) falls asleep and has pleasant dreams - NOT! (Number given was 0871 244 5184)

• La
      18th of Aug, 2010

We have been contacted several times now by Millenium Marketing the latest call coming from Jane Williams on 08712445184. She says she has a buyer for our holiday membership and they are willing to pay £3500. We keep telling them we have to contact our holiday club to see if we are able to sell our membership. Luckily I have now read this forum and will tell Millenium Marketing we are not interested.

• Su
      21st of Aug, 2010

My parents have just been scammed for 1095 Euros by Millenium Marketing. We have just received the contract and various other documents which they need my parents to sign. The credit card payment slip which they've forwarded has Ultimate Finding Company on it.
    They say there's a 'get out' clause at a 20% cost so we've returned the documents today by recorded delivery, without signature.
    My mothers bank has been no help at all and we are trying to claim it back under section 75 too - no luck as yet. They told her if she cancelled the card it would affect her refund.
    I have the telephone number 0871 2445184. A Sally White contacted first time but the letters are signed by Bethany Turner. The address shows Apartado Correos 151, Torre de Mar 29740, Malaga.
    My mother is so distraught over this it has made her very unwell so these people need to be stopped and quickly.
    We have reported it to the local police but no joy there either.

• Ai
      24th of Aug, 2010

Further to previous postings, has ANYONE had success using Mason Goodwin & Lisco to 'undo' their timeshare agreement??

• Su
      5th of Sep, 2010

We also have been contacted by Mason Goodwin and Lisco. They claim to be able to get rid of your timeshare. Has anyone any comments to make on this company. They are asking for £450 up front.